Funeral Directors opening over the road

ME

Right, anyone who follows my ramblings will know that we have just successfully stopped the local council from putting a zebra crossing smack bang outside ME Towers.

Following "Zebracrossinggate", we now have a funeral directors opening in a commercial property (used to be a shop) nearly opposite our house.

Some of the other residents are up in arms about it, but I can't see the problem. (circle of life and all that)

I think that a funeral directors will be a nice quiet respectable business, I mean it could have been a sex shop, kebab shop or off licence...

What say you PW chaps ?

ALSO - Is it a coincidence that I woke up feeling a little stiff this morning ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, anyone who follows my ramblings will know that we have just successfully stopped the local council from putting a zebra crossing smack bang outside ME Towers.

Following "Zebracrossinggate", we now have a funeral directors opening in a commercial property (used to be a shop) nearly opposite our house.

Some of the other residents are up in arms about it, but I can't see the problem. (circle of life and all that)

I think that a funeral directors will be a nice quiet respectable business, I mean it could have been a sex shop, kebab shop or off licence...

What say you PW chaps ?

I live up the road from funeral directors no issue get the odd daft parking but nowt else I have been to a meeting held in the room over a funeral directors and to get in you have to go into the place to go upstairs.... its a building nothing more (just one with DEAD people) Rather live near a directors than a grave yard, they have locks on funeral directors......

Two local women just knocked on the door with a petition - which we didnt sign.

I told them that I cant think of a quieter and more respectful business.

I just wondered if I am missing something here :lol:

I'll swap you ME...

You can come and live next door to the raving anti shooting/hunting/men veggie lesbian I have to put up with, even in the "sitcks" !

GB

:oops: you've got them as well, nearly all my neighbours are anti's, stuck anti fox hunting stickers on my bin a while back ****ers thats close to mindless vandalism :lol:

always try and make sure they see anything I've brought home for the table,

Did they explain why they wanted to object?

:oops:

1) Dead bodies near their houses

2) Extra traffic - like there is going to be a rush !

3) Dead bodies in the street being transferred. I said that I doubt they will be doing that, like loose on stretchers

4) There will be black cars about :lol:

And that was about all they could think of apart from noise from the air con units (which wont face me) and the fact that they have concreted the back garden - again I dont face that.

Funeral Directors, a definite tick in the box.

Whatever set up shop in that premises couldn't keep everyone happy.

The thing is to focus on what it could have been.... kebab shop, wine bar, drug user drop in centre, bail hostel, XXX shop, off licence, stinky restaurant of any description and the smell of garlic morning noon and night etc etc.

What say you PW chaps ?

N'er mind ME you have obviously picked the dead centre of town. :lol::oops: :o :lol::lol: