Fuming

Slug

I give them the run around, they ask to speak to Mr Smith, I ask what one this is the Smith Institute, there are hundreds of us here...... :hmm::good::yes:

Or inform them they have phoned in the middle of a murder investigation, and ask what relationship do you have with the deceased.... :yes::yes::lol::lol:

Or inform them they have phoned in the middle of a murder investigation, and ask what relationship do you have with the deceased.... :good::big_boss:<_<:oops:

Could be good for a laugh as long as they understand what you're saying to them!

May be good to find out who's calling first though. Imagine if it was a relative who you hadn't spoken to for years! :no:

I got a call from an 0800 number and just lifted and replaced handset - this happened four times then I told them not to ring this ******g number again - well it rang again so lifted and very politely asked who they were when they said is that Mr P - Yes -- We are delivering the goods you ordered next Friday -- Opppps - Still they should use a recognisable number

I only ignore International calls now. and if I do answer just hold it to ear and say nothing.

Dave

In the past this has become quite amusing, i've done the following:

Answered the phone in Welsh, and pretended i cant speak English, "and you live in the UK sir," my reply "ye ie ia no no english talk"

The other is "do you have a Welsh speaker available" no..... well i want to speak to the manager now, this is disgusting in the 21st century, then given the Manager a reall load of cr*p about no Welsh speakers available. "but Sir you speak really good English" "i know but if you want to sell me something over the phone then i will only do business in Welsh"

Some of you out there will not be impressed but .....

I've not had a call from thse people in over a year.......the phone rings i've answered "noswaith dda (Good evening)" the phone has gone down at the other end! I wonder why? :big_boss:

Priceless! LOL :good:

Tight Lines

Aled

Edited by Aled

In the past this has become quite amusing, i've done the following:

Answered the phone in Welsh, and pretended i cant speak English, "and you live in the UK sir," my reply "ye ie ia no no english talk"

The other is "do you have a Welsh speaker available" no..... well i want to speak to the manager now, this is disgusting in the 21st century, then given the Manager a reall load of cr*p about no Welsh speakers available. "but Sir you speak really good English" "i know but if you want to sell me something over the phone then i will only do business in Welsh"

Some of you out there will not be impressed but .....

I've not had a call from thse people in over a year.......the phone rings i've answered "noswaith dda (Good evening)" the phone has gone down at the other end! I wonder why? :big_boss:

Priceless! LOL :good:

Tight Lines

Aled

How do you prounonce that <_<

Apparently the automated ones are exempt from TPS, which explains why they're on the increase.

I agree the best way, is to leave em on hold and/or answer all their stupid questions until the end and then express disinterest :good:

Telling them to get lost early on, only allows them to move to another poor sod.

the ones that really annoy me are the banks/insurance/credit card type ones where they ring you then ask you to confirm some "security details" - I tell them I don't do that as I'm concerned aboout telephone scams and to ring back on the alternate number I have registered - I don't have another number registered so it makes it interesting!

Depending on where the call is from I am usually busy eating either a beef or pork sandwich which is something I feel compelled to bring up when cold called internationally, for some reason.

As for automated, most annoying one to date goes something like "Hello, why not take advantage of a". I dont know the rest as I've never listened to it. It drives me nuts.

When I was first married I watched my wife wind up a cold caller. They were trying to sell her a conservatory. She went along with them, expressing interest in the detailing and the process of gaining planning permission. She let them get all the way to the point of booking a visit from a surveyor before expressing her delight at the prospect of being the only third floor flat in Dundee with its own conservatory. Needless to say the phone went dead at that point.