Top Gear

shaun4860

I have just watched tonights episode and think its been the best that has been on for a very long time....

The Hamster in his snow race had me thinking "here we go again" but when that finished the good stuff started.......

The piece about Senna at the end was fantastic......worth the licence fee for that moment alone.....

shaun

I liked the snow challenge, Veyron bit and the Senna tribute in the episode. But overall it's a bit daft how scripted things are getting. Also if Miss Diaz and Mr Cruise really posted those times i'd be amazed, more likely TG just sold its soul to get them on the show :yes::hmm:

Mark

It's always been scripted in it's current format, that doesn't stop it from being one of the better programs on telly, and the ratings must be well up there TC and CD would haven't bothered showing up. The popped up a on a stage of the Tour de France for exactly the same reason.

I can believe they posted those times, he is well into his bikes and she is a surfer so I doubt either was phased by chucking a car round an airfield.

Having said that, I would still say they need to kill it off after this series though.

It's always been scripted in it's current format, that doesn't stop it from being one of the better programs on telly, and the ratings must be well up there TC and CD would haven't bothered showing up. The popped up a on a stage of the Tour de France for exactly the same reason.

I can believe they posted those times, he is well into his bikes and she is a surfer so I doubt either was phased by chucking a car round an airfield.

Having said that, I would still say they need to kill it off after this series though.

Oh I know its scipted, just the hamster makes it more obvious.

I'll admit that I laughed like a drain at the Reliant Robin part, and last week's episode with the mobile camper things had people in the office wondering if I was having a fit, but it is very samey, I am wondering how long it can last in this format though.

I do agree though that the Senna part of last night's was good. Something like that could help regenerate the genre

Only saw last weeks episode on iplayer, thought it was brill. Tom Cruise going on 2 wheels round the last corner was nuts. I couldn't believe the speed of the veyron and the Senna part was really good. Please don't kill it off for a while,

I think the BBC was like.."FINALY SOME REAL STARS, YES!!" :stupid:

I think the only reason the BBC got them on though is because of the viewer numbers, stars will do any programme provided enough people watch it :good:

The popularity of Top Gear has really allowed it to go on as long as it has, its budget goes up and up, and its staying extremely popular :D

The BBC wont be killing off what makes them money, and at the moment Top Gear is one of their best ones going. Whats more its fan base is so big, they could film almost anything and people would still watch it :good:

Steve

Edited by stevethevanman

I think it was the 'stars' of the show that said this would be the last series not the Beeb, but I can't remember where I heard that - sorry

No matter how entertaining it is the format is now fairly tired, and all three of them have developed their outside interests.

The BBC wont be killing off what makes them money, and at the moment Top Gear is one of their best ones going. Whats more its fan base is so big, they could film almost anything and people would still watch it :lol:

Excally.They sell it worldwide and provided all three of them stay onboard i cant see it being canned just yet.

Apparently the waiting list to be in the audience is quite some time-unless you're a fit woman.Have always noticed that they stick the hotties at the front!