Opps

pavman

It's not stuck, he was just having a look down in the ditch :yes:

Just taking a look to see how much welly to give it to get across ? :lol:

On a more serious note, you can get out of that sort of situation with a ratchet strap :hmm:

Hello, I am the driver of the ex Royal Marine L/R 90. It was dark/raining hard. I was 'on' a fox. Using red light only I got my left wheel into the right wheel tracks of the only vehicle that had passed that way since harvesting started. The culvert is narrow - the ditch is deep. The rest is history... Teeth shattering crash and my dog joined me in the front!

Some difficulty evacuating - my door jammed against earth. (I am not as young as I would like to be - or once was)!

No tank rupture detected but I didn't hang about.

Only one wheel in contact on each axle so it aint going to drive out. No winch fitted. On my own. 0130 am.

Only option - Lock up and walk home carrying two guns, etc - dog enjoyed it - 1.5 miles - still raining!

Large scotch - bed.

0745am - Mobile and landline ringing with persons concerned as to my welfare - actually farm owner and workers ******* themselves with laughter - they had found the truck. (They did drive over there first to make sure I wasn't still in it, so they are not all bad).

Recovery - 1 min and 20 secs with chain on farm Teleporter bucket and rear left L/R tow shackle. Why teleporter? It was closest vehicle.

Damage - Plastic front number plate cracked and fog light lense ditto. (And my ego).

But it will give the gun's and brusher's something to talk about this season.

Got the fox two nights later...