Bow Ties

Mungler

Following on from a dig at those with double barrel names (you know who you are :good: ).....

Apart from Sir. Winston Churchill can you think of anyone who has a bow tie and who *isn't* a bit of a ****?

I was reminded of this whilst watching Celebrity Master Chef and they showed a photo of Neil Hamilton who was sporting a bow tie in the 80's whilst standing next to Maggie.

Well, if bow ties are the reserve of lady's front bottoms then Neil Hamilton must go to bed in one :good:

Discuss.

Yeah alright, you could add James Bond in a DJ and Dicky Bow to that list, but no no no. I mean "modern" bow tie wearing when the bow tie has clearly died out but people wear one to be "different" . So, 1980's onwards.

I will also exclude Sir Robin Day.

For example, I give you Kanye West and with a white belt to boot....

post-2923-1282336071.jpg

Following on from a dig at those with double barrel names (you know who you are :good: ).....

Apart from Sir. Winston Churchill can you think of anyone who has a bow tie and who *isn't* a bit of a ****?

I was reminded of this whilst watching Celebrity Master Chef and they showed a photo of Neil Hamilton who was sporting a bow tie in the 80's whilst standing next to Maggie.

Well, if bow ties are the reserve of lady's front bottoms then Neil Hamilton must go to bed in one :good:

Discuss.

You may laugh Mung, but it is well known that members of the legal world are known with age to end up going to work with a flappy bow tie, check shirt, an old tweed or cord jacket plus if worn the deep half moon spectacles

Well my brief does anyway, and uses a monocle for the close up stuff.

I give you 20 years sir, and that will be you, gay as it may seem!!!!

P.S I forgot to mention... there will also be the obligitory labrador under the desk and no sign of pump action or auto's-There will most likely be a nice english sidelock or two in the cabinet?:yes:??

Edited by starlight32

Did a function for a 75 year old chap last night,who turned up wearing his usual bow tie,he sported a black smokers jkt with quilted lapels and big bushy eye brows,first reaction weirdo,got speaking to one of his many daughters she said most of the older woman some a bit older than her were woman he had on the go most in close as she put in close physical relations,his partner he lives with just let's him get on with it as she can't keep up,so where do I get a bow tie from,if I have got half the go he has at 75,I reckon the bow tie will be a must!

There is a time and a place for bow ties namely formal functions such as black tie dos and graduation ceremonies. One of the guest lecturers on my MSc course wears one all the time - nice bloke who thinks he's cool (but isn't!).

I class those that wear braces (esp. in weird colours) with a suit to work in the same bracket :)

Braces should be reserved for waterproof leggings (and no you Herts and Suffolk boys - not to support your pink chaps either) ;)

• 3 months later...