Next years PW charity shoot.

MM

Chard, I cant say I have noticed anyone overly needling the southeners about the result but that may be because I am not a tissue-skinned northern type and didnt take offence :blink: ;):lol::P:P

I hope there will be a shoot next year, as I am heartily peed off that I ended up on call for this year's do. Everyone who I have spoken to has had nothing but praise for the day and for Matt's efforts.

Go on Chard, you know you want to.....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon,

Don't take this personally in any way but **** the CPSA. If they had any interest in clay shooting then they would be reading this to see how clay shoots should be organised.

I had a damn good weekend, a gut full of beer and I shot with some good mates. We had a laugh all the way round and it climaxed on the last stand as anything good should. Sorry Team Norgas :blink: ;):P:lol:

I would be up for the next one, where ever it may be. Chard can even cry on my shoulder if he wants to :P :P :P

MC

Please don't appologise for having a good time, neh, even an orgasmic experience on the last stand. Now I know why you eagerly grabbed the packets of tissues that I had brought for the southerners to dry their eyes.

I must admit that I also had a very pleasant experience...................................when I eventually sat down in the cabin. My leg had felt like it was in a lions mouth most of the day, the eventual relief, followed by the knowledge that the North had won, and convincingly so, did bring a small tear to my eye. Not that I needed a tissue mind, as you had em all!

webber

Personally I think all the banter is childish and really brings the forum down, I have not been offended in anyway......

Because I know full well any attack on the south is coming from the north which is a very grim place indeed, full of northerners who smell... of poo. :blink: ;)

ME did a top job, and other than not stopping it raining he did everything he could to make the day work best for everyone, try harder with the rain next time? Thanks.

My thoughts for what there worth ;)

I think we all had a great day :P ME done a great job and i thank him and his crew for that .

But to a point i agree with Chard as since the meet the Essex Mafia seem to have stopped posting of there exploits or it seems so ( as have others) :P

I for one miss the banter written by them even though i may not of commented on them , i enjoyed reading and laughing as i read them so thanks :blink:

I would be interested in another meet next year and will attend if possible :lol: but who has the balls to organise it , not me :P

PS , who has there hands on the Gaylord hat :P

If there is any animosity over your clay meet then sort it out like men. A pit sock filled with coal will be the weapon of choice for the 'Norvern mahnkeys' and the 'Dorty suthan puffs' can use their soft, scented and well moisturised girl's hands. Last man standing.

If there is any animosity over your clay meet then sort it out like men. A pit sock filled with coal will be the weapon of choice for the 'Norvern mahnkeys' and the 'Dorty suthan puffs' can use their soft, scented and well moisturised girl's hands. Last man standing.

Only one problem with that solution.

There's no coal 'oop north.

That's why we shut the pits :blink:

There is no Southern animosity to the lucky Northen winscrapers :blink:

Strangely the South haven't been doing that much on the clays recently. We have had staggered summer holidays for everyone, ME has been living in his van at the weekends when the sun has shined and it's syndicate time of year - incidentally we had our first day last Wednesday so you can all look forward to some more photos of people standing still in flat green fields ;) Also Bazzer appears to be working every weekend from now on, and so there has been less clay shooting generally.

Why should there be any bad blood as a result of the Hodnet day. Being from the South we know we are blessed <end of> and are content to let the North a small victory; indeed, we get colour televisions and London and they get, well, err yeah they won the clays at the North South Charity day.

Besides, the South claimed High Gun and so *the best* PW shooter came from the South. More to the point, we are real men and would never dream of crying about a minor set back such as a slight defeat at Hodnet.

EDIT:

If there's a concern about "competitive" issues, then I suggest the event is staged such that the serious shooters can have their U/O class, but make additional classes - "SBS" class, "single barrel" class and "pump action" class.

Edited by Mungler

Considering the time and effort many put into that day, I am disappointed to read your post Chard.

The forum has been quieter in all areas recently, not just the clay shooting section. A lot of the Essex lads (myself included) simply dont shoot clays as much as we did, I got my shotgun out on Wednesday for the first time since the Hodnet shoot - and that was for a game shoot.

I have "done my bit" by organising this years charity shoot and tried to keep as many people as happy as possible. It will be interesting to see if any of the people with all the opinions will be stepping up to the mark and taking on the organisation of next years charity shoot.

I thought you did a fantastic job ;)

Jon,

Don't take this personally in any way but **** the CPSA. If they had any interest in clay shooting then they would be reading this to see how clay shoots should be organised.

I had a damn good weekend, a gut full of beer and I shot with some good mates. We had a laugh all the way round and it climaxed on the last stand as anything good should. Sorry Team Norgas :lol: :lol: :lol::no:

I would be up for the next one, where ever it may be. Chard can even cry on my shoulder if he wants to :P :P :P

+1...They should organise there comps around us....

Personally I think all the banter is childish and really brings the forum down, I have not been offended in anyway......

Because I know full well any attack on the south is coming from the north which is a very grim place indeed, full of northerners who smell... of poo. :( :P

ME did a top job, and other than not stopping it raining he did everything he could to make the day work best for everyone, try harder with the rain next time? Thanks.

You never said i smelt of poo when i gave you a lift to the pub and back.... :blink:

My thoughts for what there worth :lol:

I think we all had a great day :P ME done a great job and i thank him and his crew for that .

But to a point i agree with Chard as since the meet the Essex Mafia seem to have stopped posting of there exploits or it seems so ( as have others) :P

I for one miss the banter written by them even though i may not of commented on them , i enjoyed reading and laughing as i read them so thanks :P

I would be interested in another meet next year and will attend if possible :P but who has the balls to organise it , not me :no:

PS , who has there hands on the Gaylord hat :hmm:

You would find the banter increased the nearer it got to the date

There is no Southern animosity to the lucky Northen winscrapers :lol:

Strangely the South haven't been doing that much on the clays recently. We have had staggered summer holidays for everyone, ME has been living in his van at the weekends when the sun has shined and it's syndicate time of year - incidentally we had our first day last Wednesday so you can all look forward to some more photos of people standing still in flat green fields :lol: Also Bazzer appears to be working every weekend from now on, and so there has been less clay shooting generally.

Why should there be any bad blood as a result of the Hodnet day. Being from the South we know we are blessed <end of> and are content to let the North a small victory; indeed, we get colour televisions and London and they get, well, err yeah they won the clays at the North South Charity day.

Besides, the South claimed High Gun and so *the best* PW shooter came from the South. More to the point, we are real men and would never dream of crying about a minor set back such as a slight defeat at Hodnet.

EDIT:

If there's a concern about "competitive" issues, then I suggest the event is staged such that the serious shooters can have their U/O class, but make additional classes - "SBS" class, "single barrel" class and "pump action" class.

Whats a colour television?.......i know what a "London" is.......its a place where illegal immigrants work.......

Shaun

pick somehwere more central and a few of the north eastern members myself included would give it a spin ( hodnet is a hell of a run for us let alone any from over the border)

cheers KW

I know it was a long run, but with a bit of planning you could stay over.....

I did at a cost £22.....that was a family room that slept 4, all to myself....Would have been £5.50 each if it was full.....bit cosy mind, double bed and a bed settee but you get the point,

I then went to meet the "enemy" and had a great night........Thankyou the "Suffeners".....

Shaun

I thought you did a fantastic job :P

+1...They should organise there comps around us....

You never said i smelt of poo when i gave you a lift to the pub and back.... :blink:

You would find the banter increased the nearer it got to the date

Whats a colour television?.......i know what a "London" is.......its a place where illegal immigrants work.......

Shaun

Be careful, that whole post could be considered top banter, and as such bring the forum down ;):lol:

This year (ok, next year) I'll be up for it.

If you want central, you need somewhere central. Like equidistant from the coast. Like Sporting Targets at Riseley. Nothing to do with it being down the road from me. Failing that, Northants shooting ground.

Either way, I'm up for giving teh northerners a beating (even though my dad is one, and I am half Yorkshire).

I was not a member last year but a charity shoot sounds good my only problem is i live just down the road from Hodnet so am i north or south

or do i shoot for both and just take the p**s out of myself for a year :blink:

Do tent pegs go into the ground in your back garden easily?

Hodnet is the "Mecca" of the Sporting shooting grounds, no doubt about it, (and I've done a few in my time), it's pretty well accessible for most, and I think they did us proud at this years event. :P

If we go back next year, I would suggest that the squads are sorted before we arrive, to avoid the unseemly "Northern Like" scramble that occured at this years event, and we get an undertaking from the ground that they will provide enough scorers to limit the squads to 6 shooters, that way we will all get round in time for a good raffle and prize giving afterwards.

I think Chards comments are a personal "Mid Life Crisis" on this forum, OK, I don't post as often as I used to, but when you've been a member as long as I have, and seen so many muppets asking about snapcaps, Berettas or Brownings, or what does 4 notches / stars on my choke mean..??, you get a bit tired about responding. :blink:

I'm really looking forward to next years event, I'm hoping we'll raise even more money for a worthwhile cause, (and I may even win High Gun again..??) ;)

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

But to a point i agree with Chard as since the meet the Essex Mafia seem to have stopped posting of there exploits or it seems so ( as have others)

As Mungler said, weve all been busy, I seem to have landed all the weekends from now until the next ice age (but have been getting in lots of pigeon and lamping)

Me and the other pyke Fatcatsplat have been at thier "vans", Markio has run out of rioccha, Dangerousdave is shooting more carts then even pdlm did in a year!!! but not publishing it, bagsy has taken up knitting and raja clavata is opening up a secret barbel society which is only available for members of the masons who have only ONE testicle.................................................

Well, i thought it was a great day and met some fine chaps. Didnt mind doing the raffle, and dont mind doing it again next year as my effort. Even the pants weather didnt 'dampen' my spirits, and it was a true turn out of gents. Even though this was my first comp (and it showed :blink: ), i would say that im happy to go to the next one and show the girls how to defend a title. ;):P

***, i'm not upset by anybody's banter, it's not a question of how I feel about the day. I thought it was a great day and I was on the winning side :P

I just cringe sometimes at the continued gloating, which of course is not aimed at me, it's aimed at the South, so I don't need to dry my ******* eyes, now do I :P

I'm not the only one who has made this observation either.

It's just an observation, nothing more. I can't understand why some sensitive wallflowers are getting all hormonal about it :blink:

**** it, it's getting like treading on egg shells round here, every time you open your ******* mouth. I start a thread about Elf and Safety and everybody starts crying and now this. **** off, I'll stick to reading the clay shooting section ;)

I havent noticed any gloating or banter towards the South and wouldnt care anyway.

As already said, the Essex chaps simply have not been out clay shooting that much and its impossible to write about your clay shooting exploits if you havent been doing it. EE says that he is working at weekends but I suspect that he is out practising so he can beat me at the next one ! :P (now that IS gloating and banter!!! :P:hmm: )

I have done my bit by organising this years and the groundwork is now laid for next years. I am sure that the next organiser will have new ideas and will want to put their stamp on the event. I will be happy to advise next years organiser and will definately be attending. :lol: