I think I've found a bug with the new website.

Bleeh

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep whats goin on???

couldnt get on for ages this morning now that i can get on where the hell has the messages section gone!!!!

Top left its called unread notification . :good:

Is it possible to change the colours only all this pale colouring is difficult to read , greys and light blue , strains the eyes . Need something a bit more solid , old eyes .

Dave

Edited by Dave 101

Does anyone elses screens look odd, I'm not sure that this new format is fitting in my laptop screen very well, is there anyway to change it?

Edit, by odd I mean that the avatar and profile info are in the middle of my screen. It's like the screen is split down the middle and so the actual message only gets half a screen?

Also just noticed while editing that my text disappears off the screen for a while when I get to the edge before starting a new line as if the box isn't big enough.

I don't ind change but I'd like it to work as normal

Edited by Dr W

Does anyone elses screens look odd, I'm not sure that this new format is fitting in my laptop screen very well, is there anyway to change it?

Edit, by odd I mean that the avatar and profile info are in the middle of my screen. It's like the screen is split down the middle and so the actual message only gets half a screen?

Also just noticed while editing that my text disappears off the screen for a while when I get to the edge before starting a new line as if the box isn't big enough.

+1

avatar in the middle of the screen

I have the same prob Dr W, it has been passed on to the techy types who are looking to see what they can do to fix it.

stoneage.jpg

Hardly Billy, installing security patches and funtionallity is one thing but doing at the expense of a perfectly, userfriendly and familiar front end is another I have quite a bit of experience administrating several database driven php forums and can't see why any sort of change to the front end was neccessary.

Hardly Billy, installing security patches and funtionallity is one thing but doing at the expense of a perfectly, userfriendly and familiar front end is another I have quite a bit of experience administrating several database driven php forums and can't see why any sort of change to the front end was neccessary.

The patches were apparently only available in 3.x so patching the 2.x was impossible (well... not easy).

As a man who has experience in using forums, you must appreciate that firstly Teal has gone to great efforts to preserve the forum by getting someone to reskin it. As the usual 3.x skin is pretty ugly and even I would have been in the 'hate crowd'

Most forums would just update to whatever they like and give one massive middle finger to the members with a 'like it or lump it' attitude. At least time and effort has been invested in trying to keep it looking similar to the old forum. This is by no means an overnight change, especially as I was bug testing the beta about three weeks ago.

Edited by Billy.

There doesn't seem to be any definition between each post and needs to be a divide at top of page for the pinned one's --- too light and hard to read. -- obviously some 18yr old wizz kid with perfect eyes designed this and thought it must be more hip -

Dave

The patches were apparently only available in 3.x so patching the 2.x was impossible (well... not easy).

As a man who has experience in using forums, you must appreciate that firstly Teal has gone to great efforts to preserve the forum by getting someone to reskin it. As the usual 3.x skin is pretty ugly and even I would have been in the 'hate crowd'

Most forums would just update to whatever they like and give one massive middle finger to the members with a 'like it or lump it' attitude. At least time and effort has been invested in trying to keep it looking similar to the old forum. This is by no means an overnight change, especially as I was bug testing the beta about three weeks ago.

I can't think of many forums where the like it or lump it attitude would be used as you suggested - at least not any that are successfull and that approach certainly wouldn't have worked here so custom templates would the minimum I'd be expecting if such a major upgrade was really required. With such a successfull forum, the time and presumably expense of creating custom templates might have been better spent on modfiying the backend to keep the site secure - if such modifications were actually necessary. I appreciate that there has been alot of effort gone into trying to keep the layout the same but I still stand by my comment the new skin is awful and would gladly welcome the return of the original.

I can't think of many forums where the like it or lump it attitude would be used as you suggested - at least not any that are successfull and that approach certainly wouldn't have worked here so custom templates would the minimum I'd be expecting if such a major upgrade was really required. With such a successfull forum, the time and presumably expense of creating custom templates might have been better spent on modfiying the backend to keep the site secure - if such modifications were actually necessary. I appreciate that there has been alot of effort gone into trying to keep the layout the same but I still stand by my comment the new skin is awful and would gladly welcome the return of the original.

You can secure the backend all you like, but if there's a vulnerability anywhere in the code, someone could easily exploit it and gain access to the site and start going through personal information. That needs to be patched.

So what's the point in getting a kid to write you a patch that might or might not work and will probably invalidate any support that Invision are willing to give? Just go direct to Invision who patch software and release forum upgrades all in one. Simples :good:

Edited by Billy.