Sportsman Gun Centre.

Cranfield

I had never had any dealings with this company, but had read poor comments on this Forum about them.

Imagine my joy and trepidation when I won a prize of £30 worth of Sportsmen Gun Centre vouchers in a recent charity raffle on here.

I went to their online store, made a selection, posted my order, with the vouchers and a cheque for the balance last Friday and the goods arrived by Parcel Force(all present and correct)yesterday. :good:

Just thought I would post this to correct the balance a bit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate Steve b Wales and I have been to visit their Exeter store many times and had good customer service everytime especially from a nice and genuine man in Stuart,who works at the store.Before we go there we let Stuart know we are calling down and in fairnest we always get a lovely mug of Coffee as soon as we arrive as it's a two hour trek down there.

Whatever I want to see whether it's a few grand S&B PM11 scope to a top of the range Shotgun,Stuart is always willing on hand to show us.

For me this is the best customer service I have ever had.

I dont think they are great - but I do not think they are bad either!

Stuart I do not rate at all - was supposed to be ordering a rifle for a pal, was supposed to call back and confirm order had been placed, never happened despite numerous phone calls, so he went in a collected deposit back and went else where.

I will continue to use them as they always seem to have some great offers, also they tranfered a gun f.o.c for me which was excellent (I was sticking a decent scope on it purchased from them)

Some staff are better than others - but isnt that life :good:

Hi,

The Exeter one is just up the road from me and I've been known to darken their door on occasion if the Chard brothers haven't got what I'm after and need it soonest. The in-shop service is fine and many of the negative feedbacks relate to out of stock purchases and the wildly inaccurate delivery forcasts.Over a week ago they were going to get back to me before end of play that day and I'm still waiting.....well, actually, I'm not have gone somewhere else!

Cheers

I dont think they are great - but I do not think they are bad either!

Stuart I do not rate at all - was supposed to be ordering a rifle for a pal, was supposed to call back and confirm order had been placed, never happened despite numerous phone calls, so he went in a collected deposit back and went else where.

I will continue to use them as they always seem to have some great offers, also they tranfered a gun f.o.c for me which was excellent (I was sticking a decent scope on it purchased from them)

Some staff are better than others - but isnt that life :good:

Are you sure your talking about the same Stuart as me.The Stuart I'm talking about is an excellent bloke.

My mate Steve b Wales and I have been to visit their Exeter store many times and had good customer service everytime especially from a nice and genuine man in Stuart,who works at the store.Before we go there we let Stuart know we are calling down and in fairnest we always get a lovely mug of Coffee as soon as we arrive as it's a two hour trek down there.

Whatever I want to see whether it's a few grand S&B PM11 scope to a top of the range Shotgun,Stuart is always willing on hand to show us.

Just being nosey, but is there any particular reason you bypass the Newport store and go to Exeter?

I had never had any dealings with this company, but had read poor comments on this Forum about them.

Imagine my joy and trepidation when I won a prize of £30 worth of Sportsmen Gun Centre vouchers in a recent charity raffle on here.

I went to their online store, made a selection, posted my order, with the vouchers and a cheque for the balance last Friday and the goods arrived by Parcel Force(all present and correct)yesterday. :good:

Just thought I would post this to correct the balance a bit.

I dont know why thay had any bad press I have always had an excellant service and used them many many times :good:

im someone that isnt a fan of them...its summed up by you here...your showing interest in mega money deals...try going up there for everyday stuff and your not there priority. price wise, the shop is way over the odds than anyone else.

topped it all monday when i was passing and called in for a base im still looking for, explained to the guy what i wanted and told him the model make etc..he said "we dont make bases for that airgun...."i was talking about a .223..........enough said.lol

I've done Dorchester and Exeter, not been to Wales yet and probably not likely to for a long while if ever, "Litts" still owe me £400 and it leaves a bad taste!

I have had mixed experiences at both stores, to be honest many RFD amaze me with their arrogant, and/or couldn't care less attitude, and the Sportsman is no different!

Something that really p****s me off about some as well is email (no specific reference to the Sportsman here) send them an email, ...nothing...send them another...nothing, get in and talk to them and they laugh it off saying something like..."I get thousands of emails, never have time to look"...well don't have a ******g email address then! :good:

Edited by Dekers

I was in the Exeter store yesterday, ordering a shotgun and I was served by Clive who is more than helpful. While he was on the phone to the suppliers, I was asked by several other members of staff if I was being dealt with. You can't complain about that customer attention. I also ordered some clothing through the web and that arrived next day. So no complaints from me.I will be even happier when my Benelli arrives!

Hanks

Litts dept is nowt to do with Sportsmans!

Try chasing the previous owners!

Oh Dear..it was a jest! :hmm::hmm:

I am fully well aware of that, and Litts have gone tits up for about £80-100 Million, god knows, every time I hear from the Liquidators/administrators the figure gets bigger (probably because their fees are astronomical) but Litts at the Sportsman was the Name..and a VERY BAD one as I see it...has it all changed to the Sportsman now?

I've also posted complaints on here before about these people, u know the place is ok (just) the prices are very high on most things,but crackin on others (like special offers).they will take deposits on things if ure not quids in at the time of browsing. I had a nightmare with posted stuff from them. And let's face it,its miles away,when their deals can usually be matched on ebay,so I don't bother with them,unless a mate is going. But on balance ide give them a 6 out of ten.

I've just got off the phone to them after returning an item on Wednesday. They called me and arranged an alternative item which cost a bit more to be sent as replacement today at no extra cost. I've always found both their staff and the special offer prices to be superb. Big thumbs up from me.

Gillaroo

I have to agree with my mate above. Always had a good welcome and excellent service. Their Newport (s.Wales) store is not so good unfortunately. A lot of the staff used to work there when it was called LITTS, and they have continued to 'deal' with customers in the same 'Litts' manner. I've seen customers leaving the store because staff can't be bothered to serve them. I've waited for ages to be served there too, even though the staff are just 'doing something else'. There are a few new staff there, that help to make up for the poor ones.