Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NI firearms is messed up , they are a fella in my local area known for being a trouble maker ,, been arrested etc , has just got himself a shotgun and a 17hmr! in 1month mite i add ! then when i apply for sumthing with a clean record and holding a fac for 12years has to wait months ! rant over !!

Well after the 3rd phone call to Lisnasharragh (may I add I gave them my new phone number each time) I finally got a call from Joan my FEO. Now I can't fault this lady, she is really good at her job and extremely helpful. She was telling me she has been trying to call me for ages (on my old number :angry: ), how can it be so hard to change a contact number on a computer system. Anyway she has my land checked and sent back my enquiry form so now it is down to the firearms branch to issue my variation. Thanks very much Joan :good: ...Lisnasharragh, get your act together.

aye ollie she is a very nice lady and really helpful, im still waiting for my variation 13 weeks now had BASC on it but they more or less told me id just have to wait till fireams branch make a decision i thought 13 weeks would of been long enough time to make a decison, ive now rung SACS to see if they can find out whats going on so waiting for SACS to get back to me

• 2 weeks later...

The approval for my .223 variation came through the post this morning. I now just need to get the gun sorted. It took about 11/12 weeks which is a big improvement, but it could have been a lot better had they not ****** up the changing of my mobile number.

The approval for my .223 variation came through the post this morning. I now just need to get the gun sorted. It took about 11/12 weeks which is a big improvement, but it could have been a lot better had they not ****** up the changing of my mobile number.

Nice one. :good:

im still waiting and my FAC has been away snice september and variation snice feb. :angry: rang BASC up about 2 weeks ago and lets just say i mite as well have rung psni myself wasnt impressed 1 bit with BASC response :hmm: , SACS are now on the case and things now seem to be getting sorted :yes: as the senior manager has now got my file and is dealing with it asap

Edited by monkeyboots

im still waiting and my FAC has been away snice september and variation snice feb. :angry:rang BASC up about 2 weeks ago and lets just say i mite as well have rung psni myself wasnt impressed 1 bit with BASC response :hmm: , SACS are now on the case and things now seem to be getting sorted :yes: as the senior manager has now got my file and is dealing with it asap

What was their response like?

I rang them about a variation I was having trouble with and it was through the door a week later,found them to be very helpfull.

the psni response was when i rang them you will have your FAC shortly that was about 6 weeks ago

Sorry I meant BASC response,sure Firearms are vague even at the best of times anyway.Did you not chase it up with BASC or FAE or your local FEO is Joan not your FEO?

What was their response like?

I rang them about a variation I was having trouble with and it was through the door a week later,found them to be very helpfull.

[/quote

BASC contacted the psni who told them they(psni) had to wait on a decision outside of firearms branch so they had to wait on that decision so i will just have to wait as well that is what BASC reported back to me , the psni also told the same thing to SACS who said it was a load of bull and they werent accepting this bull **** answer and said that they(psni) had till the end of the day think it was last thursday/friday to give SACS a few straight answers as what is going on or that SACS would take the matter further , SACS then contacted me that they had the senior manger speak with them and he will go get my file and deal with it ASAP , so i think it will be a week tommorrow snice that call from SACS so will see how long it takes now, to me at least SACS kicked up a fuss where as BASC just agreed with the answer the psni gave them and didnt try to argue the lenght of time theve had my FAC almost 8mths now

aye the FEO knows all about it thats what i mean SACS said they are talking a load of bull about a decision out of their hands and its only to get a shotgun added on so it should of been a straight foward process my gun dealer still reckons that the hold up is that they have lost my paper work sumwhere along the line

Edited by monkeyboots

hows it goin guys? newbie to the forums here but have read through the entire topic on facs and variations etc in northern ireland there. just want to ask some of you more experienced guys a wee question to which i know the answer will probably be "your guess is as good as mine" but what to heck il ask it anyway.

first of all im from ballyclare in co.antrim and i have just put away for my first gun (17 hmr) and was just wondering what sort of timescale im looking at for lisnasharagh to deal with it and confirm whether i will get it or not. im not impatient so am prepared for a long wait but just wanted a rough idea.

cheers

andy

hows it goin guys? newbie to the forums here but have read through the entire topic on facs and variations etc in northern ireland there. just want to ask some of you more experienced guys a wee question to which i know the answer will probably be "your guess is as good as mine" but what to heck il ask it anyway.

first of all im from ballyclare in co.antrim and i have just put away for my first gun (17 hmr) and was just wondering what sort of timescale im looking at for lisnasharagh to deal with it and confirm whether i will get it or not. im not impatient so am prepared for a long wait but just wanted a rough idea.

cheers

andy

It would depend whether or not they use Arthur and set of lucky balls number 2 lol

aye the FEO knows all about it thats what i mean SACS said they are talking a load of bull about a decision out of their hands and its only to get a shotgun added on so it should of been a straight foward process my gun dealer still reckons that the hold up is that they have lost my paper work sumwhere along the line

They lost mine last year, they denied it to the hilt. Said it must have got lost in the post, at my end.