who's the most famous person you have ever met

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a lift into the city with Eric Clapton in his ferrari aged 17 (best mates mother managed the Albert Hall and was a friend), through Chris Evans out of a night club aged 21, wife used to work with Paul Weller (horrible chap apparently, especially to his wife) and Meatloaf whilst in the music contracts industry. She reckons Meatloaf is a really nice guy.

Met Prince Charles in 1985 at Kings School in Grantham, as a pupil of course.

I was at school with Paul Kossoff (guitarist with Free), David Bedford (runner), Tony & Paul Currie (footballing brothers, the former played for Sheffield Utd, Watford and England I think). We also had a music teacher David Bedford who went onto to perform with Mike Oldfield (tubular bells).

I used to work in Hampstead in the 70's and used to have a pint or two in the Flask pub at lunchtimes, regulars too were actors Robert Powell and John Hurt and had a few drinks and a chat with them.

My dad's cousin was cricketer Jack Ikin who played for England and 'caught out' Don Bradman story here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ikin

Picture of catch here:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/image/269690.html

Edited by philr

Famous to me means little its all about what they done in life for others .

I have met some lovely members of public in my life.

Cant belive it so important for others to say I met so and so.

Cheers OTH

I say, I don't think we have been introduced old boy :blush:

Sorry couldn't help it.

Prince Philip collecting my Gold award.

He amazed me how he showed interest in all the people collecting awards and how from is scheme he got so many young people intersted in active outdor activities for over 50 yrs.

When I pickup my Gold I wanted to go on to higher grades but realized it was up to my to find the higher grades within my self - yep my vote goes to the D of E :good:

OTH I hear what your saying. But it's peoples interest in them that keeps them famous. I can quite comfortably say some of the most interesting and kindest people I've met and know are not famous.

My great grandfather was the british featherweight boxing champion. He fought kid chocolate in Madison square gardens but lost. He had 112 wins, 26 by ko and lost 9. Kid chocolate I think went on to fight Mohammed Ali.

I say, I don't think we have been introduced old boy :blush:

Sorry couldn't help it.

Prince Philip collecting my Gold award.

He amazed me how he showed interest in all the people collecting awards and how from is scheme he got so many young people intersted in active outdor activities for over 50 yrs.

When I pickup my Gold I wanted to go on to higher grades but realized it was up to my to find the higher grades within my self - yep my vote goes to the D of E :good:

Yipee dipee doo loads of other youth workers give that sort of inspiration to others does being so call famous improve that person desire to better thereself .

Cheers OTH

met quite a few.....

Snoop Dog

Gordon Ramsey

Most of the Emmerdale cast from a few years ago

Radio 1 team Chris Moyles and friends

Tim Westwood

Boy Better Known

Sammy P

DJ EZ

Most of the England rugby squad a few years ago

All of the touring OZ rugby side a few years ago

Cant remember off hand but they are the ones that stick out...

I met Ray Mears at a shoot and he was very pleasant and easy to talk to, despite the fact he was shooting and I was in the beating line.

I also went to school with Chris Donald, the editor/co-founder of Viz. To be honest he was a bit of an oddball as well as a train spotter and was therefore picked on at school.

He started doing cartoon strips at school which were pretty basic and graphic, usually to do with skinheads and bullies getting their comeuppance and has done well, money wise, ever since.

When I was at Poly and doing a management course, I was head barman at a European convention serving all the presidents and prime ministers.

Played chess many times with Nigel Ben round his house after meeting him at a Mercedes Benz dealership

Jay Kay has been to my house as I used to fit all his car audio and security

George Michael, used to go to his stud farm for all his car audio and security

Dinner sitting next to Nigel Mansel at a charity event

Got my cheek pinched by Dot from East Enders (I've never washed my face since :D )

Lenox Lewis at a friends shop

Kanou ex Arsenal player round his house

I met Pat Sharp (of Fun House fame) when he was DJing at a bar in Oxford Street one year. I think I still have the autographed photo that he gave me somewhere...

I also met John Wilson at the Suffolk Show one year. Very nice man. I still have the autograph at home somewhere...

met john major he was in town with reporters talkin to people for publicity dont think tjey liked my reply when i was asked if i wanted to ask him a question quess why would i want to speak to a lying polatision who is out of touch with reality the look on his face was priceless, got a bolocking of judge jules (dj) back stage a music festivel totaly drunk n bumped into him spilling beer all over him opps

On a cookery tip i met James Martin this week (and had the pleasure of eating his food).

Quite a few over the years - in the film industry... Stanley Kubrick, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, John Malcovich, Steven Spielberg, John Landis...

In politics and business... Prince Charles, Al Gore, Gordon Brown...

Most of mine I have met at Old Trafford on various trips -

Norman Whiteside

Paul McGrath

Bryan Robson

Andy Cole

Dwight Yorke

Big Ron Atkinson (a real flash harry, couple of model type birds with Him)

Tommy Docherty

Ryan Giggs

Paul Scholes

Ronaldo

Gary Bailey

George Best (a real lovely, generous superhero)

I could have made a good team out of that lot ....

The rest I have seen at various sporting charity dinner events ...

Emlyn Hughes (a little while before he died)

Jimmy Greaves

Tommy Docherty again

Ian SaintJohn

Dennis Law

Mike Lavel (corrie star I think he was?)

Eamomn Holmes

Mick Hucknall

All footy Im afraid, But for Me George Best was a highlight, Out of all of them He wasnt in a rush had time and was a real charchter, you could not love the bloke - what a talent.

At sporting dinners I have met

Edited by Hot-Shot

Famous to me means little its all about what they done in life for others .

I have met some lovely members of public in my life.

Cant belive it so important for others to say I met so and so.

Cheers OTH

Yipee dipee doo loads of other youth workers give that sort of inspiration to others does being so call famous improve that person desire to better thereself .

Cheers OTH

:lol:

Oh so predictable.

It's a rather light hearted thread and not a massive name-drop-a-thon.

No need to go all Citizen Smith over it.

I met the Queen when I was about 14 (in the Boys Brigade)

I saw those two manc muppets from Oasis in Rekuvic (Iceland, excuse my spelling!) airport and we nearly ended up scrapping as one of the lads shouted "look there’s Boyzone!)

I met Melinda Messenger in Bosnia in 1997 (lovely girl) :good:

Katie Price/Jordan in Kosovo in 2001 (horrible Girl) :no:

The bloke who played Les Battersby in Corrie in a pub in York (Very drunk weird bloke) :/

and most recently the boys from Top Gear came out to Afghan and I had a fag at 3 in the morning with all 3 of them (the stig wasn’t there :( )

Interestingly Gordon Brown came out to Afghan a few weeks before and they had to force people to go and see him, when the Top Gear lads were there you couldn’t stop them!

My great grandfather was the british featherweight boxing champion. He fought kid chocolate in Madison square gardens but lost. He had 112 wins, 26 by ko and lost 9. Kid chocolate I think went on to fight Mohammed Ali.

KC didn't fight Ali but thought you'd like this old pic... mate of mine is into boxing history.

F17360.jpg

Edited by Gillaroo

Met Meatloaf in a chippy in the haymarket in newcastle....

He had been playing city hall, i had been lugging gear for a mates band playing the uni.

Ralph McTell in a bar in my local town....

Walked past Chris Eubank in brighton (he was all togged up and handing out signed pics from his briefcase.)

Shaun