Are truck drivers born stupid

DSPUK

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impatient and ignorant car drivers who think they are Royalty boil my **** :rolleyes:

Undertaking, overtaking on bends because they are in a rush, hog the middle lane on a motorway and wont move over :angry:

Lorries take ages to overtake, theres a reason, so stop being so narrow minded, and be a bit more patient :good:

Sounds like taxi drivers. I never let them out, never give them an inch, never flash them clear. Cant stand them. I know we have some cabbies on here, and im sure you are good drivers and nice enough chaps, but the ones round here are winkers! Ive never seen such agressive, shoddy driving.

i drive quite a lot of motorway miles (35k pa) in a car - and in my experience a significant number of lorry drivers do think they are the guardian of the highways - for all the crimes already mentioned - rolling road blocks, pulling out.

not to mention throwing bottles of **** out of the window - filthy gets!!! why do they do this?

Never seen them throwing **** out but did see one squatting behind his front wheel once --- Once again my main beef is about tailgating each other on twisty single carrageway A roads with a few straights - Why can't they leave a gap - The other thing is if front truck for some reason has to stomp of his brakes hard the idiot behind will get a face full of whatever the front truck is carrying. - Motorways I can live with that.

Dave

Edited by DSPUK

Never seen them throwing **** out but did see one squatting behind his front wheel once --- Once again my main beef is about tailgating each other on twisty single carrageway A roads with a few straights - Why can't they leave a gap - The other thing is if front truck for some reason has to stomp of his brakes hard the idiot behind will get a face full of whatever the front truck is carrying. - Motorways I can live with that.

Dave

i used to see bottles of 'lucozade' looking liquid by the side of the road and wondering what it was - then one day i had the pleasure of seeing a lorry driver chuck one out of the window on a roundabout.

Builders! ****!

I had to lift 2 vending machines from a 2nd story terrapin type building in September at the G-Mex development. No false modesty, but I'm used to lifting 100's of KG's through weights and power lifting (and through work).

These Machines that were to be collected (it turns out weighed approx 500kgs each).

Now, when I was a kid, builders were, by role defined, big, strong, resilient and a bit gung-ho when it came to using their strength.

The ones I and Nick met at the G-Mex were either skinny and physically useless, fat and physically useless or just plain useless.

"ooh, that looks heavy" etc comments were forthcoming but no help.

I shifted both units, totalling just over a metric ton with my 15 year old lad, lowered them down 2 flights of stairs and lifted them into the wagon with no more technology than muscle-power and the intelligent application of physics.

Builders? No physical threat whatsoever!

:lol::lol:

They just sat around drinking tea and saying how amazing it was that we could do what we were doing and how they wouldn't even think of trying to do it!

Things are not as they used to be. Either that or I'm a serious meat-head (sons vocab!).

So thats 1/2 a tonne each :o no wonder no one wanted to help,can you imagine the health & safety method statement :lol:

As a lorry driver for the past 20 years I think it time some of you wise up to a drivers life first of all he can only drive for 4.5 hours before haveing to have a brake or 6 hours from his clocking on time.

Then he has to make a delivery time slot. Then there are hijack isues to contend with.

The pure fact is most of you go home after 8 hours we are out 10-12 or 15 hours per day sometimes have to sleep in them as we have run out of time.

We can not afford to slack off slow down as this affects fuel consumption and it isnt like you go down one gear in your car we have to go down 3 or 4 then it takes miles to get back to speed and max fuel econ.

Then the motorway closeures because someone has had a bump normally driveing beyond their capabilities.too close normaly.

The next thing you all need to remember is without truck drivers you would not have the fuel in your cars food on your table etc.

I would swap anyone of you a day in my life driveing and see how you cope

There should be a notice on all trucks to car drivers saying stay back give room and be patient.

It only takes a min to live and a second to die .We dont in general go on the highway to delay anyone but please take your time and have a little. consideration.

Yes there are good and bad in all things driveing being one some of the things i have seen the deaths that are avoidable all that was needed was a little patience for what get home two mins earlier .

The standard of driveing in this country has dropped over the last 20 years and not for the better. Young people haveing there lifes snuffed out in seconds for a stupid decision .

As i have said before the laws of phisics (spelling) tells you 44ton aint stoppin in feet Drive safe out there atb A KNIGHT OF THE ROAD

Never mind squatting behind their front wheels and chucking bottles of Spanish tizer around, a mate of mine who works on the

cross-channel boats had a Polish lorry driver **** in the shampoo dispenser in the onboard showers, upset that it run out the filthy

beggar.

I think they are definitely born like it, they believe everyone should just put up with them. You get the ones who can do 57mph downhill who can't maintain it uphill yet try and overtake lorries that can do the opposite. In my experience the only drivers more pig headed tend to be Taxi drivers especially ones called Abdul or Mohammed

I think they are definitely born like it, they believe everyone should just put up with them. You get the ones who can do 57mph downhill who can't maintain it uphill yet try and overtake lorries that can do the opposite. In my experience the only drivers more pig headed tend to be Taxi drivers especially ones called Abdul or Mohammed

Very PC even if true Cookie

i drive quite a lot of motorway miles (35k pa) in a car - and in my experience a significant number of lorry drivers do think they are the guardian of the highways - for all the crimes already mentioned - rolling road blocks, pulling out.

not to mention throwing bottles of **** out of the window - filthy gets!!! why do they do this?

If all the **** car drivers obeyed the rules and filtered in as requested instead of cutting in just before the cones causing all the tailbacks they wouldnt have to do this.....also a very high percentage of "must get past the wagon at all costs" gets my goat...

As a lorry driver for the past 20 years I think it time some of you wise up to a drivers life first of all he can only drive for 4.5 hours before haveing to have a brake or 6 hours from his clocking on time.

Then he has to make a delivery time slot. Then there are hijack isues to contend with.

The pure fact is most of you go home after 8 hours we are out 10-12 or 15 hours per day sometimes have to sleep in them as we have run out of time.

We can not afford to slack off slow down as this affects fuel consumption and it isnt like you go down one gear in your car we have to go down 3 or 4 then it takes miles to get back to speed and max fuel econ.

Then the motorway closeures because someone has had a bump normally driveing beyond their capabilities.too close normaly.

The next thing you all need to remember is without truck drivers you would not have the fuel in your cars food on your table etc.

I would swap anyone of you a day in my life driveing and see how you cope

There should be a notice on all trucks to car drivers saying stay back give room and be patient.

It only takes a min to live and a second to die .We dont in general go on the highway to delay anyone but please take your time and have a little. consideration.

Yes there are good and bad in all things driveing being one some of the things i have seen the deaths that are avoidable all that was needed was a little patience for what get home two mins earlier .

The standard of driveing in this country has dropped over the last 20 years and not for the better. Young people haveing there lifes snuffed out in seconds for a stupid decision .

As i have said before the laws of phisics (spelling) tells you 44ton aint stoppin in feet Drive safe out there atb A KNIGHT OF THE ROAD

your wasting your time mate we have the "im the greatest driver in the world, its everyone else thats ****" brigade in.....

shaun

If all the **** car drivers obeyed the rules and filtered in as requested instead of cutting in just before the cones causing all the tailbacks they wouldnt have to do this.....also a very high percentage of "must get past the wagon at all costs" gets my goat...

your wasting your time mate we have the "im the greatest driver in the world, its everyone else thats ****" brigade in.....

shaun

Now now shaun thought you werent going to get involved , think of your blood preasure :D

shaun

aah - the lorry drivers devine right to enforce the 'one lane rule', half a mile before the actual law does. that really gets my goat,( almost as much as the throwing bottled **** out of the window and rolling road blocks) i personally think that any vehicle of 7.5t and above should be forced to stay in the inside lane during 7am - 7pm.

Edited by pegasus bridge

i personally think that any vehicle of 7.5t and above should be forced to stay in the inside lane during 7am - 7pm.

or be made to drive at night only ;)

I occasionally have a run up to Edinburgh and back when you have 700 plus miles to do in a day the rolling roadblocks really irritate. The A1 would be a lovely road if it wasn't for lorry drivers and the 3 miles it can take them to perform a simple overtake

Now now shaun thought you werent going to get involved , think of your blood preasure :D

you're right steve......"calm happy thoughts"

aah - the lorry drivers devine right to enforce the 'one lane rule', half a mile before the actual law does. that really gets my goat,( almost as much as the throwing bottled **** out of the window and rolling road blocks) i personally think that any vehicle of 7.5t and above should be forced to stay in the inside lane during 7am - 7pm.

bog off ******!!!!

or be made to drive at night only ;)

I occasionally have a run up to Edinburgh and back when you have 700 plus miles to do in a day the rolling roadblocks really irritate. The A1 would be a lovely road if it wasn't for lorry drivers and the 3 miles it can take them to perform a simple overtake

Do you know that the A1 up to edinburgh past morpeth is mostly single carriageway which means the trucks are limited to 40MPH.....oh but then you are limited to 60.....and of course you stick to that dont you....

700 plus miles in a day, so thats over 350 each way, average 60mph = just under 6 hours each way, so thats nearly 12 hours just driving.......how many breaks do you take in that time or are you one of the "im not tired i'll drive till i crash" brigade....

"calm happy thoughts".....UMMMMM......UMMMMM.....

Shaun

Builders! ****!

I had to lift 2 vending machines from a 2nd story terrapin type building in September at the G-Mex development. No false modesty, but I'm used to lifting 100's of KG's through weights and power lifting (and through work).

These Machines that were to be collected (it turns out weighed approx 500kgs each).

Now, when I was a kid, builders were, by role defined, big, strong, resilient and a bit gung-ho when it came to using their strength.

The ones I and Nick met at the G-Mex were either skinny and physically useless, fat and physically useless or just plain useless.

"ooh, that looks heavy" etc comments were forthcoming but no help.

I shifted both units, totalling just over a metric ton with my 15 year old lad, lowered them down 2 flights of stairs and lifted them into the wagon with no more technology than muscle-power and the intelligent application of physics.

Builders? No physical threat whatsoever!

:lol::lol:

They just sat around drinking tea and saying how amazing it was that we could do what we were doing and how they wouldn't even think of trying to do it!

Things are not as they used to be. Either that or I'm a serious meat-head (sons vocab!).

:o

Edited by chrispti

if you dont like trucks on the road at a time that is inconvienent to you, and god forbid you might have to back off the throttle for a minute or two, because of one in front of you, then accept that for your wishes of an open road to come true, will mean your foodstuffs are gonna be EXPENSIVE, and your must have delievered next day wont be?

We have just about no rail system for transport of goods, so more demand means more trucks, that coupled with the same not suitable road networks plus more and more cars means unless you wind your necks in a bit your just gonna get frustrated even more.

My brother in law works the trucks long distance, up and out 3am regularly away 3/4 days at a time, earns next to nowt, and still gets it in the ear from those who feel the road is theirs and theirs alone.

KW

Edited by kdubya

if you dont like trucks on the road at a time that is inconvienent to you, and god forbid you might have to back off the throttle for a minute or two, because of one in front of you, then accept that for your wishes of an open road to come true, will mean your foodstuffs are gonna be EXPENSIVE, and your must have delievered next day wont be?

We have just about have no rail system for transport of goods, so more demand means more trucks, that coupled with the same not suitable road networks plus more and more cars means unless you wind your necks in a bit your just gonna get frustrated even more.

My brother in law works the trucks long distance, up and out 3am regularly away 3/4 days at a time, earns next to nowt, and still gets it in the ear from those who feel the road is theirs and theirs alone.

KW

Well Said There idiots but know it all they would soon start screaming when they want shotgun shells and they have gone to £40 a box