Best shooting vehicle for 17 year old??

TheFerretBoy95

I was looking towards a Freelander/Mitsubishi Pinin/ Suzuki Jimny

Does anyone recommend any of these or can think of others please? :hmm:

use the search button, this has been asked/posted so many times, you'll find loads if you look

I was looking towards a Freelander/Mitsubishi Pinin/ Suzuki Jimny

Does anyone recommend any of these or can think of others please? :hmm:

ring around the insurance companies like i did and you will see what prices you will get, they just dont like 4x4s :no:

They look like nice little motors, I've seen one on here painted Nato green and it looked awesome!

I'll have a look into them, cheers :good:

Im in the same boat as you but the insurance on 4x4s isnt worth the cost of running the car. Im going with small cheap car and park up and walk. Get a lift around shoots ect. Insurances hate 4x4 (from what my dad and mam pay) and young drivers they also hate. I'm going with yaris or something like that.

Im 23 and have a Fourtrak 2.8, insured fully comp for just over £250 a year!

That's impressive is it a commercial? My cousin at 18 was a named driver on 110 land rover not cheap!!!! But oddly cheaper than a 1.1 206!!!! It's on an NFU limited mileage policy IIRC worth speaking to them

My 19 year old son with 2 years driving licence and no convictions was offered an old Hyundai car by a friend of the family free. He was quoted £7,700 to insure it 3rd party only. That was on gocompare but other quotes were similar. There was an article in the motoring section of the telegraph two weeks ago about this subject. It gave the story of a young lad who bought an old Fiat for his first car and the insurance wanted A HUNDRED thousand pounds to insure him.

Apparantly twenty grand is not even raising eyebrows anymore. My son has renewed his bus pass, as we said, he could go everywhere by taxi and not spend that.

Drivers under the age of 25-30 are going to become a rare thing soon if this goes on, and that presumably is what they want to see. Ininsured drivers are on the rise, can you wonder at it?

Saxo 1.1. Really how much hardcore off road are you going to do. If its just riding round fields shooting bunnies it will do. When I was 17 I was riding round in a modified saxo vtr lowered 50mm with a huge exhaust. I never had any problems. Even now I take. The van unless its really wet. I've a jimny 22 years old 4 ncd tptf and is still close to £600