FAC/SC revoked

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get the impression it depends where you live and who you are.In my home town I know of one or two blokes who have convictions for breach of the peace but still have their SGC's.Another one,getting on a bit now,but was always scrapping in his younger days,but never even got prosecuted.Mind you,he is a town councillor and former Mayor!Oh yeah....he's also a freemason! :good:

Nothing is straightforward or Black and White in shooting, and opinions change as time progressing.

There is NO mandatory Loss of FAC/SGC for a drink Drive conviction, I know one guy who had two convictions for this offense and KEPT his SGC (he didn't have a FAC), that was about 10 years ago, and it surprised me at the time!

Edit

Anyones guess!

Edited by Dekers

and also on the "responsible person" element, it may be considered that if a person is willing to break that law then they are willing to break other laws.

If they drink alcohol and drive then it's odds on that they would drink alcohol and shoot. I don't want to be around anyone doing that :no:

Yes, it's possible but not mandatory.

it seems to be a definate in Lancs, personally i see it as a good thing. if you can't act responsibily with one highly leathal object then why should you be ok to be trusted with another. Tot up points is debatable as it depends so much on how and were you drive and as the general pulic mostly all know its about the cash realy not improving road safety. if your livelyhood depends on your fac i think there might be more leeway, but should there be?

What if the person gets done for drink driving having had a skinful the night before and then driven the morning after, despite feeling fine to do so? A bit different to the person who goes to the pub, drinks 5 pints then drives home.

Not quite clear cut is it?

Yes they should, but if you stop drinking at 2am and start driving at 13:00 then how do you know that the alcohol has been removed from your system?

On average it takes one hour for a healthy liver to process one unit of alcohol. so if you have 30 units which could be 8 pints and a few sambucas then you could still have well over the required amount of units of alcohol in your body when you start driving.

:yes:

so you've changed from "I don't drive in the morning" to "I don't drive at all"

:hmm:

Of course if anyone gets caught for drink driving then it is their own fault - no one forces anyone to drink or drive. But to group everyone together when they do it on purpose or get caught out by accident is a bit daft. It's a bit like murder and manslaughter - the result is the same, but the intention was entirely different. Or perhaps a thug who buys a gun on the street or an old woman with an ancient shotgun in the loft - both unlicensed weapons so the offence is the same, but with totally different intentions.

So you know when the alcohol levels in your system are at a sufficient level to allow you to pass a breath test do you? How long do you wait? 8 hours? 12? 24? And you know this do you?

I'll call BS on that. :good:

Then I suggest you go and look it up, information on alchohol levels is available all over the place, have a look here to start with http://www.morning-after.org.uk/

Anyone who thinks that driving the morning after "a skinfull", which implies drinking a lot more than a couple of pints, will be over the legal limit the next morning, every normal pint takes around 2 hours to clear your system, stronger beers/lagers/ciders take around 3 hours, a "skinfull" will take 1/2 a day or more before you are safe to drive.

Driving the next morning after being drunk the night before is not an accident, it's a calculated act of disregard for everyone elses safety.

Edited by phaedra1106

What if the person gets done for drink driving having had a skinful the night before and then driven the morning after, despite feeling fine to do so? A bit different to the person who goes to the pub, drinks 5 pints then drives home.

Not quite clear cut is it?

i don't get this point of view, over is over - both same. not being puritanical but what the heck, did you then forget you had a skinfull the night before or are you a better driver with a bad head and over the limit :rolleyes:

i don't get this point of view, over is over - both same. not being puritanical but what the heck, did you then forget you had a skinfull the night before or are you a better driver with a bad head and over the limit :rolleyes:

Its the intent that is different. Like the murder/manslaughter analogy - the result is the same, but the intent is different. Someone who gets straight in their car after 5 pints and reads 150 on the breath test is a bit different to someone who gets in at 2am, drives at 4pm the day after and reads 41 on the machine. One knows they are over the limit and totally unfit to drive, the other probably thinks he/she is ok but in reality could still be slightly over.

If you drank 30 units in the space of say 6 hours and stop at midnight, then you could potentially have to wait 30 hours before you drive again in order for the alcohol to completely clear your system. How many people wait that long before driving again, every time they have a session?

Phaedra, I am well aware of how alcohol clears the body, hence I had posted an example before you told me to look it up. :oops:

I think the average pint is about 2.8 units. Not sure about anyone else but i can do 10 pints of bulmers and a few jaegerbombs or vodka redbulls afterwards if on a session with the lads which is probably once a month. Then leave a clear 24 hours before driving. That's what the missus is there for. :lol: