What is the point....?

Toombsy

Cricket is how we know when summer has arrived.

Short skirts, tight low-cut tops and tanned legs are how we know summer's arrived.

So cricket must be something for gays to watch when the soaps and Britain's Got Idiots isn't on then?

:lol:

I'd definitely go with Toombsy on this -

any sport where you can play for 5 days and get a draw,

stops for tea,

or if it rains,

or looks a bit dull,

or someone has forgotten a sweater,

or where players are encouraged to share a "box" and spend more time adjusting it for each other than actually playing

- - not for me :lol:

Short skirts, tight low-cut tops and tanned legs are how we know summer's arrived.

So cricket must be something for gays to watch when the soaps and Britain's Got Idiots isn't on then?

Not in Peterborough (or commonly known as Pete-bog-horror).Damn place is full of east european mutants. ;)

Cricket though is a gentlemans sport and signals hot summers with the gentle sound of leather against willow. :good:

Couldn't even tell you how cricket works.

As far as I'm aware, blokes from universities - who aren't man enough to play rugby - toss for it, Mrs Miggins supplies some badly needed cake and Earl Grey to ensure the players retain enough energy to stand still for hours on end, a redundant physicist in a lab coat makes sure the balls aren't wide, and then a few days later it's over and then all the old and boring blokes in the office waste an hour or so having a discussion about what never happened.

As far as I'm aware, blokes from universities - who aren't man enough to play rugby - toss for it, Mrs Miggins supplies some badly needed cake and Earl Grey to ensure the players retain enough energy to stand still for hours on end, a redundant physicist in a lab coat makes sure the balls aren't wide, and then a few days later it's over and then all the old and boring blokes in the office waste an hour or so having a discussion about what never happened.

Unlike rugby, where big men in tight shorts cuddle each other to the ground, have a mud wrestle before getting undressed and having a big bath together. They then go to a bar and have a drink - probably with their trousers around their ankles.

Edited by FalconFN

I think in the case of my company it`s safer than clay shooting or archery as our company don`t trust our division with guns! as you can tell relationships between management and workers are strained.

They have opted for a days cricket rather than something fun and non girly.

You seem to know a lot about the game :hmm: , have you just been dropped from your team and now bitter? :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cricket though is a gentlemans sport and signals hot summers with the gentle sound of leather against willow. :good:

id rather hear the sound of leather against a fat birds *** myself :lol:

Its a test to see who is the more educated and cultured amongst the population. It brings the colonies together and you can tell its a good sport as the yanks don't get it. Having sat in the committee room at Lords watching a county game its amazing when you have the history part with it as well, though very strange meeting the players who were playing when I was young.

We designed cricket as a sport to occupy the colonial natives so that they might stop eating and raping each other and it seems to have worked.

As far as village cricket goes its the best game ever to watch. I dont think that you can beat watching some fat old duffer getting cracked in the nuts with a cricket ball whilst he's momentarily distracted by some totty carrying a tray of drinks out into the beer garden.

it's for those people who cannot stand the excitement of watching paint dry :yes:

20/20 was where they tried to make it more exciting less boring :yes: :yes:

:lol::lol:

I have an international ground on my door step and i've only been there once, dragged there by an ex's dad. Admittedly i did have a good time, but i think that was more to do with the drinks he was buying rather than the 'action' in front of me :oops:

Each to their own i suppose. As long as they don't start using black bats of course, because that would make them evil :yp: :lol:

Mark