Who's been shooting on my permission?

It appears some one has been shooting a hmr on my permission without my or my farmers permission!

I have found empty hmr rounds around the permission, this has never happened until I started taking people from this forum! Not only have you spoiled it for yourself you have spoiled it for other people I take! The farmer has been informed and he will call the fuzz if anyone is seen on his land! I always ring him before I go on his land! If it is anyone I have taken, thanks! I will not be posting any more offers on this or any forum.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is someone who you have kindly taken with you Steve,they are complete and utter w****** this is the reason people are reluctant to offer people without permission days out,because there's always some scumbags willing to sly back on their own uninvited or there are those that approach the farmers and try and get your permissions for themselves :angry:

It appears some one has been shooting a hmr on my permission without my or my farmers permission!

I have found empty hmr rounds around the permission, this has never happened until I started taking people from this forum! Not only have you spoiled it for yourself you have spoiled it for other people I take! The farmer has been informed and he will call the fuzz if anyone is seen on his land! I always ring him before I go on his land! If it is anyone I have taken, thanks! I will not be posting any more offers on this or any forum.

Hi Steve not being stupid but someone with a fire arms certificate is not going to risk their ticket surley :hmm: we go threw strick vetting and interviews to get a Fac :good: Also you have to have good reason to have a Fac over land or club use :good: Also hmr is travelling further :good:you sure its not rimfire rounds from someone you have taken ?As it been passed for fac use ? if not it is a open ticket user :good:

Edited by here iam

You found empty rounds could be a poacher ?

Nobody in there right mind would go on someones permission and risk being arrested for armed trespass.

Been taken out by some of the nice people on this forum, would not dream of going behind there back.

Think you may be jumping to conclusions.

Edited by brian28

I think that it's highly unlikely that someone you have invited to shoot has gone back without telling you or the farmer. Much more likely to be poachers I'd say.

Taking people out when they are less fortunate than yourself with permissions is a great thing to do. Don't let something like this spoil it. I'm sure all the people you've helped out have been very grateful.

I think that it's highly unlikely that someone you have invited to shoot has gone back without telling you or the farmer. Much more likely to be poachers I'd say.

Taking people out when they are less fortunate than yourself with permissions is a great thing to do. Don't let something like this spoil it. I'm sure all the people you've helped out have been very grateful.

Not so true, I had a couple of lads on my farm from another forum to 'see the ropes'.

I got a call saying there was people lamping, luckily (or not) I was lamping with my bud and caught up with them, they saw it as a invite. It took little persuasion to get them off.

It puts me off helping people.

The farmer is a verrrry good friend of mine! He has mot gave Amy permission to anyone else. I was at the permission last weekend and there was no shells laying around so it's happened this week. The shells are hornaday .17 not .22 rimmy! I've had this permission 12 months and I have never had this problem to recently! Hope it's not one of you guys, I'll get to the bottom of it mark my words. If I don't catch them my mate the farmer will.

Stevie,

I can understand your anger, It may have been me, as i was shooting on a new bit and dropped some cases, well they were ejected as i shot several rabbits.

Oh i forgot to ask were is it that you found the cases, maybe i wasnt the guilty one,

Assumptions are the mother of what ???

Come on guys, can you stop the **** taking?

The Op is obviously angry and this attitude wont be seen as constructive.

Steve, if you think you have a serious problem tere invest in a couple of trail cams and set them up in trees(infraredones are best, no flash to give location away)

I would like to think that no one from this forum would be stupid enough to do this, as it could esily lead to a revocation.

Good luck.

I sympathise with you Stevie and can understand why you are extremely upset! I feequently take PW Members and Members of our shooting club out on my permissions but I always make it quite clear that it is not an open invitation for them to go onto the land whenever they like. To the best of my knowledge that have all respected that and been very grateful that I have helped them out!

If I ever caught any of the people that I have helped out in this way going out there without mine or the farmers permission I would have no hesitation in reporting them as (In my opinion) that is abusing my hospitality and poaching on my permissions. However, even if this did happen it would not stop me from trying to help others out!

People like you that try to help others are too far and few between, please thing carefully about decicing on not trying to help others out in the future because of what might be just one ungrateful and inconsiderate plonker, especially as this might well not have been one of the guys that you took out there.

If it is someone who you have kindly taken with you Steve,they are complete and utter w****** this is the reason people are reluctant to offer people without permission days out,because there's always some scumbags willing to sly back on their own uninvited or there are those that approach the farmers and try and get your permissions for themselves :angry:

that is EXACTLY what happened to me :mad::mad: