What do you shoot?

dunganick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beretta 687 silver pigeon 3, 28", multi, weighs 7 1/2 lb and I use it for everything. Went to Throckmorton this a.m. and used Gamebore super xlr 8-24g. Next to no recoil and only just got beaten by two mates who shoot a lot.

Ft

Hi Nick

The Mk70 has 30" barrels I find it takes a little while to get going but once moving its smooth and very difficult to stop accidently. To be fair it could probably do with a little balance weight in the stock to make it just that bit more lively. The beretta 686E I had before the MK70 was just the opposite very fast handling but I found it too fast and too light to be comfortable for volume shooting.

best regards

Steve

with regards to the weight issues with miroku / brownings,

i have recently got a browning 425 grade VI (30" m/c)which i'm enjoying shooting greatly, however initially i found it very heavy at the front compared to my previous o/u. so i put around 8 oz of lead in the stock, and for me it has completley transformed the handling of the gun.

just my £0.02

So what do you all shoot for clays?

I took my wall piece to the clayshoot today, this isn't me but it is the best pic ;)

Showing 5 ounces over 240 grains of black.

wallmaster.jpg

This is me shooting 7.5 ounces over 360 grains and my finger went numb. Fortunately the feeling came back and now it only hurts so no real damage done :good:

wallmaster2.jpg

Behind it ! :lol:

So what do you all shoot for clays?

I took my wall piece to the clayshoot today, this isn't me but it is the best pic ;)

Showing 5 ounces over 240 grains of black.

wallmaster.jpg

This is me shooting 7.5 ounces over 360 grains and my finger went numb. Fortunately the feeling came back and now it only hurts so no real damage done :good:

wallmaster2.jpg

Behind it ! :lol:

giz a go snotty looks right good fun, just make sure there's a mattress behind me

I use a Winchester Select Sporting, 30" barrels and multichoke. Cyl and improved for everything.

Cartridges are Express pro comp no. 8

A very good combination.

Cheers

Martin

I shoot Sporting with a Beretta 682, 28" barrels, you won't see many like it because it was one of the first batch of 3 guns imported into the country by Chris Potter back in August 1984.

I wanted the 30" model, but that wasn't available until about a year later, and I simply couldn't wait, so I bought the 28" model and have shot it on and off ever since.

I've had the barrels back-bored and ported, the stock altered several times to fit me, and a recoil reducer fitted by Recoil Systems, despite the fact that the gun weighs 8.5lb...!!

I use ported extended Rhino chokes, and on most Sporting targets will use Improved / Improved or Light Mod on longer birds, with Express Super Comp or Supreme shells.

I tried a Mirook 3800, 32" with Teague Chokes, also a later 30" 682, and more recently a 682 Gold "E", but I still keep going back to the old 682.

Cat.

I shoot Sporting with a Beretta 682, 28" barrels, you won't see many like it because it was one of the first batch of 3 guns imported into the country by Chris Potter back in August 1984.

Cat.

don't suppose you could post a pic of that could you, as my 682 is a little different too and i haven't seen any like mine,,.......

Poacher,

Will do Matey, funnily enough I remember the guy at Chris Potters telling me at the time I bought the gun that the other 2 imported with it were destined for a Game Fair being held in Cornwall, perhaps yours is one of them..??

Cat.

• 2 weeks later...

After years of using my trusty Rotwiell Supersport M/C with 1/4 & 1/2 I just changed up to a Browning Cynergy Black Ice 30" M/C - the "plastic fantastic" as it was christened on Sunday!!

It's choked at IC & M - no idea what that means but decided not to fiddle with anything until I get the hang of shooting it.