Clear screen wash?

paulf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You spent nearly £30k on a new van you're entitled to expect a little screen wash! All these sarcastic commentators would be singing a different tune if it was their hard earned they'd parted with. We have had poor customer services for that long in this country some people are conditioned to accept it. What ever happened to the customer always being right? Ring the dealership and complain, you may get some free servicing or something.

Get a life its screen wash.

I am sure that we could have a pw whip round to sort out the problem. I start it with £1.00 oh, that should cover it no need for a whip round.

PM me your address and i will send you the pound, or i will put it in a charity box in front of me for a childrens hospice let me know which.

Customer service yes, but do we know if screen wash is included in the price.

Not sure many dealers would give you free service for SCREEN WASH :blink: they might give you some f%&*^$% screen wash.

Get a life its screen wash.

I am sure that we could have a pw whip round to sort out the problem. I start it with £1.00 oh, that should cover it no need for a whip round.

PM me your address and i will send you the pound, or i will put it in a charity box in front of me for a childrens hospice let me know which.

Customer service yes, but do we know if screen wash is included in the price.

Not sure many dealers would give you free service for SCREEN WASH :blink: they might give you some f%&*^$% screen wash.

Ive got a life pal and in that life nobody walks over me. If you like it up the **** carry on bending over because there's plenty of people who will take your £1 off you.

Seriously????? 2 pages on "my van doesn't have screenwash" ???? :lol:

I recommend not using any in summer then using a mild soloution in summer.....otherwise you'll get that slimey blue gunk in the tank..... :rolleyes:

and wipers don't need lubrication....just change them at the start of the winter....

Water provides no lubricant for wiper blades? Please enlighten me.

Dirty sticky windscreen covered in dust, apply plain water and wipe, dust and dirty stays in place, wiper blades nackered very quickly.

Do the same with washer fluid and watch the dirt wash off almost straight away.

Neil.

I can't believe how many people don't get the issue! Yes it's a couple of quids worth of screen wash and no, being ripped off for that money isn't the issue at all. It would be cheaper to put the screenwash in than to make a phone call and then drive there to have it done. BUT....

It's a new van and some lazy **** has failed to complete a simple task to make it acceptable for the customer. That equals **** service. Some poeple don't like paying for **** service - me included.

Seriously????? 2 pages on "my van doesn't have screenwash" ???? :lol:

I recommend not using any in summer then using a mild soloution in summer.....otherwise you'll get that slimey blue gunk in the tank..... :rolleyes:

and wipers don't need lubrication....just change them at the start of the winter....

:good::good:

The vehicle was bought in the summer and came summer ready. My Transit was exactly the same.

Why spray a solvent based liquid(ethanol/meths) all over a brand new vehicle for no reason?

All it does is attack the wax based rust proofing and all the rubbers.

I'm glad that a few folk feel the same way as me.

For those who have had a laugh, if you refer back to my original post you will note that I said I would drain the bottle and add concentrate, if it were only water...... I have now done this, I never intended to take it back to Mercedes dealer for the screenwash to be added!

Anyhow, since the reservoir now contains screen wash and after a quick phone call Ive now had an apology from the dealer I'm happy.

Thank goodness for this thread! I had to replace a windscreen wiper today and was stung for £3.65 (fitted by the owner/manager).

As I drove away from the garage it was raining, so I switched on my wipers. The new blade bounced all the way across the screen, then all the way back again. Not happy!

Then, I remembered this thread and wondered about the "lubrication" post. I scooshed my windscreen washers hoping there might be some dregs of screen wash remaining from previous fills. Yes!! Instant lube, no more bouncing blade. Just as well, as I was about to swing around and go back in to demand a new car.

Dirty sticky windscreen covered in dust, apply plain water and wipe, dust and dirty stays in place, wiper blades nackered very quickly.

Neil.

So when it rains rainwater wont lubricate the wipers :hmm:

OP Did it come with a full tank of Fuel?

Edited by BFG

Neil.

You haven't explained your original comment. What you have done in the above post is explained that washer fluid cleans better than water. I think you'll find that water DOES provide lubricant for wiper blades. Dirty sticky windscreen, use wipers without any fluid and watch them struggle. Then you add water to the equasion and watch the wiper blades move considerably more unrestricted over the screen.

Einstein

The issue was more the lack of correct fluids at PDI blow an engine and excess oil in the unit no warranty seen trucks delivered with 3 litres too much and litres too little....

I had a service at main dealer and paperwork had wrong model mileage and other details on it.... So was the car actually serviced? Assume him you must gap your spark plugs with your teeth and pee castrol GTX

Without sounding too much like a screen wash geek! Screen wash should be used at all times, not just to keep your screen clean, but more importantly to prevent you getting Legionnaires' Disease :blink: :blink: :blink:

A work we go to all the trouble of testing water sources for Legionnaires' Disease, but the vehicals we drive around it can be the ideal locations in the screen wash bottle with no additive in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10293519

They're **** vans anyway, overpriced and unreliable #### :lol: :lol: :good:

They're not that bad!

It's only the injectors that give up all the time :lol::lol:

Without sounding too much like a screen wash geek! Screen wash should be used at all times, not just to keep your screen clean, but more importantly to prevent you getting Legionnaires' Disease :blink: :blink: :blink:

A work we go to all the trouble of testing water sources for Legionnaires' Disease, but the vehicals we drive around it can be the ideal locations in the screen wash bottle with no additive in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10293519

EPIC FAIL!!!

How many people do you know who got legionaires from their washer bottle?