Does your wife hate shooting ?

Durham-laddie

About three weeks ago I put in for a variation....a bit of a battle but stood my ground.

Went on holiday a few days later, came back, checked the mail and nothing...thats odd thought it would be here by now.

Left it another week, bumping my gums daily to all that would here, damn it, rang Durham HQ.

" It's all done " was the reply, it was returned a few weeks ago. :hmm:

House turned upside down, can't find it anywhere....." what are you looking for ",.....oh, "something came for you before we went away ".....grrr

Moral of the story......leave your wife or partner, as when the chips are down, you can't trust 'em when you want time off the radar :yp:

Edited by Durham-laddie

By the sounds of it I guess that I am a little luckier than some members!

My wife is quite supportive and encouraging about me shooting. When I return from a shooting trip she will ask me how I got on but ask me mot to tell her "all the gorey details about shot placement and the damage done to foxes etc". She is also very welcoming to any shooting buddies that visit - As long as we do not spend every minute talking about shooting! On top of that she will come clay shooting with me and try to help out as much as possible even though she doesn't want to try it herself!

She does have her down side though! :exclamation: She has a better nose than any springer spaniel I know and can always tell straight away if I have carried any dead quarry in the car and she is fastidiously house proud so I am not allowed to skin or gut any quarry in the kitchen. :no: She also has a habit of grabbing my shooting trousers and jacket to wash them at every opportunity, which is fine as long as I don't mind going out shooting smelling of floral fabric conditioner - Not good if you are upwind of your quarry and trying to stalk around it. :rolleyes:

Oh well, you can't have it all, and I wouldn't swap her! :good::wub:

The current Mrs Brown, is completely anti guns of all forms. Tried everything to get her into it, washing, ironing, you name it I've tried it, pointless. Recently discussed (which I know stupid) getting the fac sorted, well that fell on deaf ears.

Any suggestions welcomed... :/

When I left the forces in '99, and obtained a normal life, I moved back to the dales and picked up the bug again.

So, on the QT I applied for my SGC and FAC, when I knew the FEO was coming round, I took the cabinet out of the boot of the car where it had been hiding, bolted it onto the wall in the loft and hey presto.

Then came the problems when she went into the loft, something which I did not envisage due to her phobia of spiders.....the comment of " what's that silver box in the loft ? ", and my reply of " it's only a gun cabinet "....well that's where it all went Pete Tong.

My fault for being sneaky really, like the time I asked " could we have a dog ?"....so I got a puppy springer and when she came home, she went ballistic....my reply " well, you tell the girls it's got to go back ".

So, it's always a bit of a battle really, takes me back to the hearts and minds operations....she has no heart and I have no mind.

Now I have to buy a .243 and get it back home and she is off for two weeks...mmmm " just looking after it love for your dad " :blush:

When I left the forces in '99, and obtained a normal life, I moved back to the dales and picked up the bug again.

So, on the QT I applied for my SGC and FAC, when I knew the FEO was coming round, I took the cabinet out of the boot of the car where it had been hiding, bolted it onto the wall in the loft and hey presto.

Then came the problems when she went into the loft, something which I did not envisage due to her phobia of spiders.....the comment of " what's that silver box in the loft ? ", and my reply of " it's only a gun cabinet "....well that's where it all went Pete Tong.

My fault for being sneaky really, like the time I asked " could we have a dog ?"....so I got a puppy springer and when she came home, she went ballistic....my reply " well, you tell the girls it's got to go back ".

So, it's always a bit of a battle really, takes me back to the hearts and minds operations....she has no heart and I have no mind.

Now I have to buy a .243 and get it back home and she is off for two weeks...mmmm " just looking after it love for your dad " :blush:

Dismantle and smuggle in piece by piece :yp:

Been relatively lucky, my Wife does not like shooting or fishing (but likes eating fish!) but stated early on in the relationship that she accepted my hobbies. She did however say from the beginning that i'm allowesd a Dog, but never a ferret!

Could of been a lot worse i suppose. :look:

Tight Lines

Aled

Although my other half has no desire to shoot herself, she is fully supportive of me shooting, as long as I do the dressing of any game brought home. She usually attends game fairs with me & is an enthusiastic beater (along with both kids.) Loves dogs & is more into watching the dogs work than the shooting, but hey, I can live with that, I'd rather go out myself gunless as opposed to dogless!