Useless shooting equipment

Cosd

It's a snap cap deja vu moment........ :P

Come on Team Vaseline :lol:

Did someone call.......... Captain Vaseline to the rescue, de de ded derrrrr :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the snap cap thing was done to death on a thread a few weeks back, but the thread as funny as it was got deleted and I am not going to resurrect it here. :look: <_<:lol:

But just to enlighten those who did not see the epic thread there are a few of us with the view that the firing pin causes an indent to the snapcap which causes it to be totally useless after a few times using it as well as not being needed in the first place. The same reason you don’t store the gun broken to relieve pressure on the ejector springs.

There was a very robust counter view to these opinions and it did include Vaseline. :blink: :P

I don’t think either side will ever convince the other who is right or wrong.

Now magic beans that’s a product :P:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SHOOTMORE rabbit attractor scent .

My local dealer gave me a bottle of it , I wouldn't buy it myself , but gave it a try as it was free .

Surprise surprise , didn't make the smallest differance .

And for the few people ( not on this forum I might add ) who swore it worked wonders , when it first came out ,I wonder how many of them still use it?

All the very best fellas .

Andy .

A MARKSMAN machete I bought off this forum, a bit of cheap stamped out wobbly mild steel which sends every vibration into your hand and arm if you try to lop of any twig thicker than an eigth of an inch. Bah, no wonder it was cheap! :huh:

Blackpowder

I got one too.

Utterly, utterly useless, unless you are going to a fancy dress party as a pirate. Or a rumble in the hood.

And by coincidence, I also bought 2 tins of "Marksman" branded airgun pellets which were also useless, although they are now reasonably useful as I melted them down and made them into a weight to put in the end of a home made priest.

I got one too.

Utterly, utterly useless, unless you are going to a fancy dress party as a pirate. Or a rumble in the hood.

And by coincidence, I also bought 2 tins of "Marksman" branded airgun pellets which were also useless, although they are now reasonably useful as I melted them down and made them into a weight to put in the end of a home made priest.

Well done for re-cycling the lead, bound to make the tree huggers happy.

Blackpowder

Bleeh

There's actually quite a good analogy in what you say - not the bit about putting the car up on bricks, because there's obviously a world of difference between road springs and lock springs - but in the sense that road springs are always fitted in conjunction with shock absorbers.

Snap caps are the eqivalent of shock absorbers when live ammunition isn't being used!

Check back some time and see how many posts you find about firing-pin problems - broken pins, worn pins, stuck pins, mis-fires, etc. I wonder how many of these are due to abuse?

??? what are snap caps ???

and where do i gfet them if needed??

How often do you have to replace a bore snake, I presume once they are dirty you run the risk of putting **** back into the barrel? I have a rod set for cleaning mine and use kitchen roll on the fluffy head for the same reason (presume it is useless once filthy).

I tend to get pretty good results with it though.

Bore-snakes go in the washer when dirty,great pieces of kit. :good:

The silly leather key fob type thing that goes on the front of your boots to rest your barrels on and mesh back gloves that leave you unable to reload the gun.

Got disagree you don't want two black circles on the toes of your best white trainers, think they come as a set with blinkers for your shooting glasses for real tarp shooters.

ATB figgy

I got one too.

Looks like I was saved a small fortune then...OP didn't reply to my PM... :good: ..... :lol:

SHOOTMORE rabbit attractor scent . My local dealer gave me a bottle of it , I wouldn't buy it myself , but gave it a try as it was free .

There's a first... :lol: ....link please... :good: ...be good for a wind up. :yes:

not shooting,buuut,why do anglers wear/use camo gear?

Thats an easy one, so the baliff doesn't catch you fishing where you shouldn't be :lol:

Snap caps, never seen the point, take gun apart for cleaning, hold a 2p coin over the firing pin, pull trigger and repeat for other barrel.

Once clean re-fit barrels and close, re-fit fore end, gun is now de-cocked and ejectors the same.

Neil. :)

While i used to use snap caps i only did it in the hope i was doing something right.

For me usless stuff has been knives with gut hooks for rabbit and pigeon. cheap lamps, the aldi rod bag that some said was good for carrying 2 guns / rifles ..... Never actually used it and no protection as well as being 2-3 ft to long !

For me also a bore snake, just not a patch on rods arosol cleaner/lube and cloth patches!

Also my jack pyke game bag ! everything sweats in it, hessian sack works so much better !

Got disagree you don't want two black circles on the toes of your best white trainers, think they come as a set with blinkers for your shooting glasses for real tarp shooters.

ATB figgy

I've got a big black area on my exquiseeeet Rab C Nesbitt K Swiss tennis shoe.

It makes me look "lived-in" :lol:

Edited by Chard

WFor me also a bore snake, just not a patch on rods arosol cleaner/lube and cloth patches!

No but cleans your barrels in about 20 seconds, great for giving a quick clean at the end of a shoot and making the full job a lot easier. If I'm shooting over a weekend I don't want to clean the gun twice but a quick pull through with the bore snake and they're clean.

IMO one of the best shooting items certainly not useless

Edited by Dr W

There's a first... :lol: ....link please... :good: ...be good for a wind up. :yes:

The "SHOOTMORE" website has now sadly been pulled , pity as it was one on the funniest things I've ever read , complete with its own " Ex special forces instructor" maker :hmm:

Unbelievable ,some people swore blind this product worked wonders, , and was going to be the next big thing .

v

Long story, but I even had the maker phone me at home one evening for a chat , I mentioned a few things on his website that I told him I was finding hard to believe . 1 example him Carrying someone out of the Rockies in American for 80 ( yeah 80 ) miles :o

I told him that I remember carrying guys on my back during basic training , and I was knackered after 100 meters!! his reply......

"I made him walk most of it" slight differance between carrying someone on your back for 80 miles and making him walk most of it on foot I think you would agree? :lol:

And that's just a taster of a very interesting conversation with the maker of "SHOOTMORE" that ended up with him telling me that most of what he said he had done on his website , he didn't ( So basically he lied then?)

He also had some other DVDs for sale on his website that I wished I had brought now , turns out the guy was also an expert in marital arts :yp:And a survival expert , one clip of his survival DVDshowed him demoing how to boil a pint of water on a hexy burner , took him about 20 minutes .

In fact the only thing he's said to me that I believed outright was when he told me "I'm not, and never have been in the special forces" :lol:

All the very best fellas .

Andy .

No but cleans your barrels in about 20 seconds, great for giving a quick clean at the end of a shoot and making the full job a lot easier. If I'm shooting over a weekend I don't want to clean the gun twice but a quick pull through with the bore snake and they're clean.

IMO one of the best shooting items certainly not useless

Another one that has to be taken off the useless items list me thinks.

I haven't got one myself but read lots of positive reviews on these and I think they do the job they are designed for.

Plus I want to get one and I don't want anything in the "useless" bracket in my kit :lol: