Double figure foxing

garyb

Had a bit of a result last night between myself a local underkeeper and stealth stalker.

We called and shot 13 foxes in 4 hours, across two farms in the local area. The first 10 were all shot on the same 250 acre field :blink: - and there must of been a GOOD 6-7 that we didn't get a shot at due to safety, angles or range - ALL still within the same farm...

Madness.

Maybe the RSPCA have been busy, or they have just done very well in the current mild climate?

Total bag for the night was 13 (12 pictured)

10zxwdg.jpg

I need to do some more reloading now!

Edited by garyb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a semi-rural, come urban area such as this, the number of foxes that live on one patch of land is simply incredible...

Drive 15 miles up the road into a more rural area, and you will not see that kind of number all year.

Edited by garyb

Wow Gary, what a night, one that you will remember for quite a time mate! That is "Fox Control" at it's very best! :good:

It would be interesting to know if this is a "Pigeonwatch Record" or has anyone esle shot more than this in one night :hmm: - I think I am doing well if I get two in one night! :lol:

Nick, I had a feeling of de ja vu!

Garys first fox the second we drove in, was shot in exactly the same place as yours, with 1 sat way beyond that, same as last year! I then told em to lamp to the right ( you know where I mean) and 2 were in the same bushes :huh: Gazza was not quite as quick as you tho :no:

Turned round in the field behind and he made up for his faffing with 2 in quick succesion (mildly impressed) :lol: in the same spot as yours ( I'm seeing a pattern here) I'm thinking of taking up guided foxing :lol:

I think the boys were quietly impressed with my calling, that squeaky dog toy insert had em coming at us from all angles :yes:

I'm definately of the opinion that the fox numbers are getting out of control :yes: thats 32 taken from Stealth Stalker Safaris so far this year :o

And if Gary hadn't of cried of "because he was tired" Ahh bless! we would have got 20 plus, I'm sure of that :yes: We didn't even cover half of what i had intended.

SS

Nick, I had a feeling of de ja vu!

Garys first fox the second we drove in, was shot in exactly the same place as yours, with 1 sat way beyond that, same as last year! I then told em to lamp to the right ( you know where I mean) and 2 were in the same bushes :huh: Gazza was not quite as quick as you tho :no:

Turned round in the field behind and he made up for his faffing with 2 in quick succesion (mildly impressed) :lol: in the same spot as yours ( I'm seeing a pattern here) I'm thinking of taking up guided foxing :lol:

I think the boys were quietly impressed with my calling, that squeaky dog toy insert had em coming at us from all angles :yes:

I'm definately of the opinion that the fox numbers are getting out of control :yes: thats 32 taken from Stealth Stalker Safaris so far this year :o

And if Gary hadn't of cried of "because he was tired" Ahh bless! we would have got 20 plus, I'm sure of that :yes: We didn't even cover half of what i had intended.

SS

Good to see nature balancing things out. You're a fox magnet in the UK but a pig attractor in Croatia :lol: