Mans best freind

ack-ack

So many dogs are getting nicked from around here that I wouldn’t chance leaving mine out in a kennel secure or not. And the law are as much use as p00000g in the wind on stuff like this.

The daughters boyfriend had his chocolate lab nicked from his garden and when eventually the law found it the lowlife scum thieves had cut off one of it’s ears because it had a number tattooed on it and then they had used a blowlamp on it to stop the bleeding.

Today I have entered a post about a friend that has had his dogs nicked from a secure kennel out in his garden. I wonder what they will be like if he ever sees them again.

Dog out in a kennel? Nah.

jesus! it sounds a bit rum round your way :yp:

On his bed in the living room but he has full run of the house, during the summer he often sleeps against the front door where he gets a bit of a draft.

Not allowed upstairs but he occasionally sneaks up after he thinks I'm asleep and lies against the bed before sneaking downstairs again an hour before he expects me to get up. I used to have zero tolerance of that but now he is an old lad I let him get away with it.

You could be like Hugh Heffner and take a different one to bed every night. All you need is a smoking jacket, captains hat and a mobility scooter :lol:

haha theres more chance of me spending the night in the kennels with them ack ack not so sure about the smoking jacket tho Edited by cocker3

Mine sleeps on his own armchair in the kitchen - well, actually he has a choice of 3. If ever anyone were to try and break in, that's where they'd try it so I want him to be there to raise the alarm.

He's only allowed past the kitchen door for a hour or so at night to sit with me prior to bedtime.

We don't have a dog yet but if we did it wouldn't sleep on the bed that's for sure! I don't know how people do it, especially with the bigger hounds! :unsure:

The people who used to live nextdoor to my other halfs parents when she was a kid are the reason why. They had a little terrier that sat on the sofa and went to bed with them etc. When I went to sit down one day the little **** snarled at me and bit me! Once it had landed and everyone had got over the shock of just how far a little dog can fly and still land in one piece they explained that she does it all the time, even to them! :o

Not having that in my house. Dogs have their place and as much as I love them they need to know it.

Change of plan my 3 year old daughter had a real rough sleep last night (bad dream about big green monsters) and has asked if jet can sleep outside her bedroom (she has a stair gate) so he can eat the monsters for her .......

Edit: triple post

Edited by mpk

Change of plan my 3 year old daughter had a real rough sleep last night (bad dream about big green monsters) and has asked if jet can sleep outside her bedroom (she has a stair gate) so he can eat the monsters for her .......

Edit: triple post

Great name! My cocker is called Jet. Although if he was required to eat monsters he would probably play with them or bring them to me haha!

Beside the bed, not on it.

Sadly both of ours are gone now, but we couldn't have them on the bed anyway with the size of them. So one each side most of the night but the Chow cross moved around the house at times. Our traveler friends tried to steal the Wolfhound cross once but the Chow got two of them :lol: she had a sixth sense or smelt them even in the pub.

Sablekhan.jpg

Well i always said from the start no dogs on the bed or upstairs, and my missus put her foot down saying they will only be allowed in the kitchen and never on the sofas. Well that lasted about 30 seconds when we bought our collie home, and now we have our springer she is the same. They have full run of the house but do have their own crates which they sleep in at nights. Now the collie is older i leave him out of his crate most nights.

Have to admit though every now and again i do let both them come upstairs and sleep at the bottom of the bed if we have been out of the house for a long time, I know when i go away with work or stay away the collie is always in bed with my missus and normally the springer as well.

Good stuff. We're obviously in a minority. :lol:

not quite so small a minority- mine usually sleeps at the head end of the bed. because he doesn't like getting (accidentally) kicked in the middle of the night. If its cold he will sleep under the covers -if its warm then on top of them! I'm told by the folks that look after my house during the day when i'm at work he spends a fair bit of the day in bed sulking!

Mine both have beds downstairs. I wanted them both in the brick out house when we got the lab but the woman wouldn't have it, her old kelpie wasn't used to sleeping outside. The pup has started sleeping on my chesterfield and scratched the cushions up which I'm furious about.

Must admit though I would worry about dog theft if they were outdoors, also must admit I turn a blind eye once in a while and have them upstairs, on top of the covers is ok on occasions...

Good stuff. We're obviously in a minority. :lol:

Can I join your minority group :yes: - my x2 working cockers sleep on the bed.

They both start off on the bed - often difficult to get in ourselves. Both get off at some stage but the younger one gets back on at my wifes feet and slowly creeps up so he's laying alongside her - with me shoved over with no duvet - can't pull it over because there's a dog on it :look:

Edited by Conygree

Not impressed last night when the missus bought the dogs up to bed after i had gone to sleep (without me knowing), i just thought she was being particularly affectionate cuddling up to me all night turns out it was just the fact the dogs were on her side of the bed pushing her out the way so they could get comfortable. :hmm: