James May???

carpentermark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Edmondson's dad was the head of a grammar school and he went to Manchester University.

Very working class :lol:

Inverted-snobbery-tastic :good:

Yeah, I hate James May because he speaks nicely. What a ****** eh? I bet he can spell too. Talk about being posh and lording it about.

Lets stick Stephen Fry on the list - he's posh, speaks nice and clever. What a double ****** he is.

Have youbeen called to the Bar yet? I'd love to hear some of your cross examinations :lol:

I think he's great. The beer programme where he was co-presenting with Oz Clarke was, on the face of it, the most mis-matched coupling ever but it worked beautifully. Long may he, and the other posh *** Stephen Fry, continue. I for one am sick to death of dumbed down chavvy 'yoof' presenters.

Years ago a chap called James Burke did similar science/history type programmes and I thought they were superb. (How one invention led to another and how one inventor would use a gadget in a slightly different way to acheive a completely different result).

I think May is trying to do the same thing but it just doesn't work.

Pity :no:

That programme was called "Connections".....when you think of all the rubbish repeats they put on TV 4 times a day and all the brilliant programmes that were made years ago including "out of town"......bring back the majic rounderbout i say.....dylan was just far out man.........i think i will have another beer before it goes up again !

Is it just me or does anyone else think that James may is the biggest **** on the planet?

He talks about cars, gadgets, planes, bikes etc. which i am interested in, and im sure most everyday working class blokes/lads are but 'everyday' 'working class' 'bloke/lad' he aint!

I just cant listen to the man he is a middle class toffee nosed drivel talkin bore! Where has all the 'real' blokes gone off tv like Fred Dibnah, Jack Hargreaves etc? Although Ade Edmondson is doing a bit on yorkshire which is quite good.

Is it just me???????

:hmm:

Where did he claim to be "working class", and *** has that got to do with the price of fish anyway? I like him. He's into bikes, guns, cars, planes, beer and sheds :good:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that James may is the biggest **** on the planet?

He talks about cars, gadgets, planes, bikes etc. which i am interested in, and im sure most everyday working class blokes/lads are but 'everyday' 'working class' 'bloke/lad' he aint!

I just cant listen to the man he is a middle class toffee nosed drivel talkin bore! Where has all the 'real' blokes gone off tv like Fred Dibnah, Jack Hargreaves etc? Although Ade Edmondson is doing a bit on yorkshire which is quite good.

Is it just me???????

:hmm:

with u on this as his two mates off that gear thingy program too bloody well paid thats there problem

And how does that profound statement add to anything whatsoever?

That's not a statement it's simply a genuine question. The reason I asked is my other half thought he was so I decided to ask you guys - simples :yes:

I actually quite like the guy and if he were gay that would have no bearing on my judgement of him. I personally feel that he's an excellent presenter, just my 2 cents :good:

I just find inverse snobbery to be really quite embarrasing and awkward. :rolleyes: I don't really care whether someone is from working class stock or an aristocrat and honestly think I have more to gain for not judging someone for their routes, which some people would do well to remember we are born into.

I find the bloke amusing and can understand what he says. Therefore he gets a thumbs up from me. :good:

FM

I don't mind James May he has a passion for engineering and the mechanics of things and puts this across quite well.

At least he is making engineering and mechanical programmes worth watching as no ****** else is, even if you don't like him.

Adrian Edmondson's dad was the head of a grammar school and he went to Manchester University.

Very working class :lol:

Inverted-snobbery-tastic :good:

Yeah, I hate James May because he speaks nicely. What a ****** eh? I bet he can spell too. Talk about being posh and lording it about.

Lets stick Stephen Fry on the list - he's posh, speaks nice and clever. What a double ****** he is.

Cheers Mung.

I lol'd to that.......

James May is a **** who doesn't even like fast cars, but the Hamster is the biggest boring **** on tv. Typical little ten man. I like Jeremy Clarkson and the old Top Gear was good too.

Any one remember Steve Berry, he was good too, last heard him on Rock radio in Manchester, bit disappointed when he left early last year.

Tiff Needel was a boring *** too. But quite fancied Vicky Butler Henderson, in fact still do.

Must admit Top Gear Xmas special was ****. Are they getting a bored with it too?

Used to like Clarkson when he had is own chat show.