site trouble

markbivvy

is something a miss with the site, have not been able to get on most of the day, and had email,s from a few others that cant.

:oops::lol::lol::lol::D

Bin Pulling my hair out and, as you know Mark, I aint got much of it to go at

Dave

well no one available to answer, has the site been hacked, have the bills been paid. its still on and off. 5 members on. what happening please.

Armageddon?

The apocolypse? No, not that, the 4 horsemen aren't on line

It Must be the SPANISH INQUISITION

no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Dave

The intermittent problems people are having will be there until the glue records are restored.

Its all fine and well posting a link which directs you here, but some of the URL's on this site are absolute not relative. If you click pigeonshooting.co.uk and get sent here thats great, but when you click on something that links to http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/something and you can't resolve that name (still) it won't work.

Until biznet tell nominet about the owners name servers it will be hit and miss, though most will be at least able to get on the site, some things won't work.

If you want to, and I take no reponsibility for you doing this, you can make it all work without issues. I won't be explaining this to anyone as I don't have time, but if you are handy with the PC you can :-

Find your windows directory, then go into System32/drivers/etc and edit the file called hosts. Edit this and put the following line on a line by itself at the end of the file (notepad works just fine) :-

213.253.1.228 forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk

Then you will be able to use the forum using the normal address, post and do anything you like. Once its fixed you will have to remember to remove this line, if the admin moves the site someplace else it will stop working until you do..

If you aint using xp it will be different, if you are using unix/linux you should already have worked out what the problem was and fixed it by now :good:

We have allowed a link to PW to be posted on our site to let members get around the problem.

Ironic really, seeing as any mention of our site on here is either scrambled or deleted. I guess we took the view that we are all shooters together and should work as such.

guess we took the view that we are all shooters together and should work as such.

amen to that.

yes i fully agree ............For nearly 3 days I could'nt get on and I can imagine this place was very quiet .......Thanks to the hunting life forum i got the link via Frank .........Also cheers to Deako as well :good: