Airline seat protocol

scolopax

Well, I've been flying for most of my working life and I've never once heard that.

Where did you hear that?

Regards,

Gixer

My partner asked the stewardess to have a polite word before I had to :angry: the guy was like a jumping jack with the recline lever :sly: - I was very patient till he spilt my drink :oops:

Luckily the posh (ish) totty that paid his ticket needed him for their planned holiday :lol: :lol: He bumped in to me whilst collecting his suitcase & apologized profusely

:yes:

Go ahead punk, make my day - or al least buy a bottle of Scotch & we can drink together

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I don't go up and down like a yo-yo, I am at least consistent, I hate flying and I unfortunately am prescribed diazepam for my long hauls so I get on the plane, put in my earplugs, once the climb is over I recline my seat and try my best to sleep the flight away.

Not to bug anyone - just because I hate flying.

In all honesty if someone spoke to me an said "excuse me, sorry but can you put your seat up because I really am short on space" i would put the seat up and put up with it, if they dig there knees into my back I'll pour my coke over them.....

Simples! :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

name='Tam' timestamp='1335467813' post='1766449']

If it was my missus it would have effected you more :yes: :yes:

She sounds lovely mate,think i would spend entire flight locked in the loo. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: no, at that point I would probably have stood up (made in Scotland from girders) ;):D

I take away two important lessons from the posts thus far:

1. Don't travel charter: I stick to BA around Europe generally, from City Airport if possible. I don't recognise the tantrum-throwing mentalists who clearly reside on this forum, threatening to punch people who dare to move their seat, etc.

2. Offer seating based on social class or profession: Personally, I don't wish to sit near labourers, Celts, the long-term unemployed, ******, Russians, Nigerians, stag or hen parties, people praying to any deity whatsoever, people eating smelly food and so on.

Perhaps the airlines should indulge in social mapping when allocating seats? For example, salary band, employers of staff rather than employees, graduates and professional qualifications. Everybody would be happy because they would be amongst people of their ilk, so those who find it acceptable to threaten or insult other passengers would fly with those happy to take up the challenge. The rest of us would be saved from having to suffer their ignorance.

1. Don't travel charter: I stick to BA around Europe generally, from City Airport if possible. I don't recognise the tantrum-throwing mentalists who clearly reside on this forum, threatening to punch people who dare to move their seat, etc.

2. Offer seating based on social class or profession: Personally, I don't wish to sit near labourers, Celts, the long-term unemployed, ******, Russians, Nigerians, stag or hen parties, people praying to any deity whatsoever, people eating smelly food and so on.

Perhaps the airlines should indulge in social mapping when allocating seats? For example, salary band, employers of staff rather than employees, graduates and professional qualifications. Everybody would be happy because they would be amongst people of their ilk, so those who find it acceptable to threaten or insult other passengers would fly with those happy to take up the challenge. The rest of us would be saved from having to suffer their ignorance.

Welcome home my long lost twin,i knew i wasnt alone in my twisted views :lol:

I just want to sit by the loo,so tam the scotish iron man and his big mrs dont pick on me and make me angry :angry:

Well i'm 6ft 5" and 23st and have trouble with my legs while sitting on a plane. I'm not the kind

of 23st though thats flows onto other people seats though, i'm quite fit as i work as a bin man

for the local council. The person has no chance of reclining their seat as my legs are right up the

back on their seat for the duration, unless i sit with my legs out in the isle so i don't get

flight cramp which is a bitch to be honest. I'm going on the 8th of May now but lucky its only a 2hr

flight so wont be to bad. Iv tried to book the extra leg room before but as always their all gone when

we ask, so i got to lump it really. Last time i flew the stewardess took me from the back of the plane

and told me to sit in a empty seat with extra leg room, as she seen me as an health an safety risk. needless

to say i was very greatfull as i had a 4 hr flight to back to cardiff ahead of me.

But i suppose when flying you get what you pay for, i suppose if you fly economy like most of us do

you just have to put up with cramped conditions best we can.

DD

Yes! This is exactly the way forward! Can I fly Flashman-Airlines in the future please?

• 1 month later...

In my 18 years in civil aviation the worst offenders seem to be "suits"......

The seat is paid for its yours to do with as you need, my job takes me to China 12 sometimes 14 hours, after 8 hours I am going up the wall. I and everyone else needs to recline their seat, never been a problem. However on a 3 hour flight from a Greek island some old twit (sorry I did not mean twit) threw a right strop because the lady in front reclined her seat.

Threw his walkman gadget all over the place and kicked the seat in front. Only stopped when the lady who turned out to be not lady like threatened to punch his lights out. His wife decided he was not with her and went sleep.

I used to when I was married to a BA pilot but we are now divorced so that was the end of that :/ back in cattle class now

Why on earth would you divorce a BA pilot? Free/cheap flights in First must make it worthwhile putting up with any other ****.

Have you ever flown on a flight flown by your ex? If you did I bet the cabin crew spat in your coffee or worse. Did you notice the different taste?

I do find many of the replies to this thread very childish. So thought I'd join in....

I might be quite effective to politely request the person who has reclined their seat into your lap to kindly turn over to maximise your fantasy. Groin rubbing is not necessary but may raise the stewardesses attention to resolve your mile-high club rejection element of the fantasy.

Worth a try?

It's difficult but as stated if the seats were not intended to recline then generally they wouldn't.

I am also 6ft 6 not overweight at 16 stone but do have similar problems. Hands up I can't afford to fly business or first class but I do have 3-4 holidays a year generally outside Europe.

Just returned from Dubai with klm and their economy was ok.

What I generally do is check in online, then I often can pick my seat (sometimes chargeable). This gives me oppurtunity to use seat guru to see the planes credentials and pick a favourable seat for my frame.

My other option is exit row seating where I can stretch out my legs as far as I want but these seats again are normally charged, for Dubai I paid £40 which was fine for the extra comfort it afforded.

Being so tall i have never mastered the art of sleeping on a plane so I any one can give advice, particularly the taller gang on here I'm all ears.

The main thing I see with flying is people are always too rushed, busy, faffing around etc. just be neat organised and prepared and that should eliviafe lots of stress.

Maybe one day I'll have enough to go beyond the curtain :-)