what to wear at the opera

mel b3

hiya gents ,

this may seem a rather strange question , but , ive always fancied going to the opera , my very lovely gf has generously booked us tickets to see phantom of the opera at her majestys theatre in london , as an opera virgin i dont want to look like a plank by wearing unsuitable clothes , could anyone give me the heads up on the dress code , its a matinee performance if that makes any difference ? .

thankyou in anticipation gents .

matinee......for me then it wd be the snickers work trousers my best mucked up steel toe boots old holey t shirt poss riped shrt/hoody/hi vis.....how could this not fit in :lol: :yp: :yp: optionalbkack hands and scruffy hair/ wks stubble..........

i mean how cd one not fit in!!!!!!!

Don't listen to the heathens on here. You should wear 'white tie' and a suitable ball gown for your girlfriend. To not be put off when you see other people dressed less formally staring at you. You will be able to sit there smugly knowing that you have done the right thing.

As mentioned though you will be disappointed in that you are not actually going to the opera but instead a musical. Enjoy it anyway.

went there a few yers ago.had the tickets bought for us!!!!!!!!!!really didnt fancy it,but my god it was brilliant

to be honest dont worry about what you wear worry about where the money is coming from for the half time round.

not saying the drinks are expensive but it made my eyes water and my *** twing a tad

but enjoy it,its a great show

atb Jim

thankyou for all the replies fellas , i think ill be going with a shirt and trousers with a tie in my pocket just in case its needed on the day , ill also be wearing my mankini underneath , again ,just in case .

Hope you enjoy it Mel :good:

cheers mart , im really looking forward to it , i saw lord of the dance in birmingham a few weeks ago and it was brilliant , im broadening my horizons and loving it , getting a passport is next lol .

hows your lovely mom now mate ? , tell her the corn snake is still doing well .