Shooting bag rests - What do you fill yours with ?

Salop Matt

I just use sand, I only use the bag on the kubuto roof alongside my bipod, sometimes I need to get lower than the pod will allow, so sand is ideal as its heavy and the bag will sit there on the move without the need to support it. If I intended to carry it,then it would be filled with rice that's for sure!

Cat litter............ unused of course. :good:

this is what I use too. Good comprimise between weight/sturdiness. Its been in hte bag for over a year now without losing its shape too much

In fact I think I have the rest of the bag left in my shed if anyone wants it!!

I can get 3X cheap dry bags the type used for kayaking etc for £5:99 locally the large one i put my biggest dog training dummy wrapped in a bath towel makes a great cheap rest and i still have 2 bags for other stuff

I like stuff :yes:

Edited by pavman

thats an easy way to spot the fair weather shooter and the one whose shooting has been curtailed by reproduction :good::lol:

seriously though grain when in wet or damp conditions germinates fine if you don't use your rests in the rain and keep them inside but left in a vehicle and used in damp conditions it should start to grow.