Inter-Linking hobbies

jasper3

How many of you have hobbies that sort of go together ?

mine are Rough shooting,(shotgun, rimfire air-rifle) kayak fishing,(sea and freshwater) photography, music,(guitar) and now amiture film making (not the mucky stuff..wife won't allow that :lol: )

so as you can see..mine could all go together..if I made a film...

whats yours ?

2 hobbies for me, St. John Ambulance and Shooting...... Not really interlinkable as i dont fancy giving CPR to my quarry ! :lol:

Having said that, we do cover alot of events on ground suitable for shooting so an ideal oppertunity to ask about shooting permition ! :good:

Would love to do some photography again and take the time to understand it a little ! Maybe a Bridge DSLR !

:good: some cracking answers there lads.. i would love to restore an old vehicle but I'm rubbish with engines..

Ide love to have a go at that paragliding too

i thought this film making malarky would be easy :blink: :blink: jezze how wrong was I :lol: very good at making bad movies :lol:

keep them coming

My two major hobbies are shooting and homebrewing. As it happens, the majority of my main farmer's land is given over most years to growing my favourite variety of malting barley (the Tipple strain). As such, every time I protect his crop, I am protecting my other hobby... sort of.

I was talking to him about brewing after last years harvest and mentioned that he was growing the barley I use, and he said "I've got a couple of tons kicking around if you want any, help yourself". Problem is, it would need malting before it could be used, and that is a commercial scale operation to do it in any meaningful way :/