Madeleine McCann have they found her

storme37

My thoughts exactly.

There's 100's of kids that go missing every year but you don't hear much about them after the initial reports.

The only reason this gets raked over is because the McCanns could afford to use Max Clifford to front it.

Like you said, This happened because of A selfish act of the parents leaving their under 5's alone whilst they had Dinner with their friends. For that alone they should be prosecuted.

There's no way any normal parents would even have contemplated such a thing in this country....not if you loved your kids anyway.

I doubt they'll ever find her, Nor will we ever know the truth of what actually happened that night.

One Fact is that it could so easily of been avoided.

AFAIAC If you go on A family holiday with young kids then you involve them in EVERYTHING you do and you make sacrifices. By that I mean if it means you having to go back to the hotel early because the kids need sleep or something, then you do it. They're not playthings or ornaments that you put away when you want to do something else...They're people and deserve the same respect as adults.

The other problem I see with this is the "Culture" of both parents having A career and also wanting kids, The problem being that they value their career more than the true parental family bond and responsibilities that go with having kids. So the kids get palmed off to Nurseries, Grandparents et al so the parents oh so important careers and the money aren't interrupted....Pure selfishness.

Madelines disappearance happened because of that culture and now her parents want us to feel sorry for them...no way, In my book, they're as guilty as whoever took Madeline.

You'll take a slamming for that but I'm sorry to admit I agree.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly.

There's 100's of kids that go missing every year but you don't hear much about them after the initial reports.

The only reason this gets raked over is because the McCanns could afford to use Max Clifford to front it.

Like you said, This happened because of A selfish act of the parents leaving their under 5's alone whilst they had Dinner with their friends. For that alone they should be prosecuted.

There's no way any normal parents would even have contemplated such a thing in this country....not if you loved your kids anyway.

I doubt they'll ever find her, Nor will we ever know the truth of what actually happened that night.

AFAIAC If you go on A family holiday with young kids then you involve them in EVERYTHING you do and you make sacrifices. By that I mean if it means you having to go back to the hotel early because the kids need sleep or something, then you do it. They're not playthings or ornaments that you put away when you want to do something else...They're people and deserve the same respect as adults.

The other problem I see with this is the "Culture" of both parents having A career and also wanting kids, The problem being that they value their career more than the true parental family bond and responsibilities that go with having kids. So the kids get palmed off to Nurseries, Grandparents et al so the parents oh so important careers and the money aren't interrupted....Pure selfishness.

Madelines disappearance happened because of that culture and now her parents want us to feel sorry for them...no way, In my book, they're as guilty as whoever took Madeline.

:good:

Spot on fella.I have always thought there is more to the story,but no matter how terrible the parents feel over the dissapearance their actions in leaving kids of that age alone goes so far over my heed its unbelievable.Im far from being over protective and will never claim to be a model parent,but how they even contemplated leaving her there is shocking and no amount of regret should cover that fact.

As for the lad claiming the grave is her i doubt it very much unless he has had inside information already.

Edited by sako751sg

My thoughts exactly.

I completely agree, I don't think they did it them selfs well id like to think not, but there actions certainly gave who ever did do it the opportunity to do it and that for me is child neglect and they should have been prosecuted for it.

I hope Maddie is alive, well and happy.

My thoughts exactly.

:stupid:

I have to totally agree, being with my kids and ensuring they are safe at all times is more important that anything else. There are far too many children left to their own, even for a short time when they shouldn't be. They should be the most precious thing that a person/couple can have and should be treated as such. If there were more family values in place and people took parenting as seriously as they should, maybe we would have the issue of ferrile youths running am mock in our towns and cities! :blink:

There have been some very strange views on this, and i guess mine is just as bad. Could it not have been that they went out for dinner, left the kids asleep and some bad bloke came in and took her. She was killed and buried after the bloke had done nasty stuff to her. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it aint a chicken. Do you really think they dont cry themselves to sleep every night, knowing that they have made the ultimate mistake? Its not right to keep kicking them after all this time. They know what they have done, please stop with the "told you so!"

There have been some very strange views on this, and i guess mine is just as bad. Could it not have been that they went out for dinner, left the kids asleep and some bad bloke came in and took her. She was killed and buried after the bloke had done nasty stuff to her. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it aint a chicken. Do you really think they dont cry themselves to sleep every night, knowing that they have made the ultimate mistake? Its not right to keep kicking them after all this time. They know what they have done, please stop with the "told you so!"

I understand where you are coming from but most parents don`t let there kids out to play in the street outside their homes in this country but to do what they did AND in a foreign land is beyond belief. I do wonder how this would have panned out if the McCanns were jobless, council tennants living in a highrise in a big city. The authorities would have been on their backs like a rucksack.

I`m sure Ben Needhams parents wish they were high fliers when he went missing.

MM - I sympathise with your view, but I have never been convinced that they own up to what they did. They always seem to be blaming someone else.

If they were involved they are beyond hope.

If they were not involved they were negligent and truly awful parents.

Either way, my thoughts are for the child, not for this arrogant pair.

If she is alive (and I very much doubt it)and has been abducted to order for a family then in my pinion the worst thing that can happen is that she is found...it would screw her up completely. Also Social services should prevent her being reunited with her parents.... they are not fit to be parents.

I wish as much attention and resources were given to those poor souls MIA in two world conflicts. Im sure my late Gran would have loved to have been runited with the dead bodies of her father her two brothers and her Uncle...where they lay is anybodies guess.

Time to draw a line under the complete Madeline McCann Episode...there are more important issues to be concerned with.

There are so many "what if's" about this casee. There has always seemed to be something fishy about it, and i get that, but i dont think they went out that night, drugged the kids and then someone came in and took the pre arranged one. Its just a case of a dirty peado murderer who snatched a little girl. I just dont get all the "told you so" about it. If im wrong, then im wrong. I cannot imagine what it would be like for them. Ive a 7 year old daughter, and would never leave her alone at night like that, but we have all done something we regret in hindsight.

but we have all done something we regret in hindsight.

We have, in fact I've spoken to many people in my own parents generation who admit to everything from driving tipsy with the kids in the back with no seat belts on, to leaving the kids completely unsupervised in a pub beer garden (or the car) with the obligatory bottle of coke and packet of crisps. This, right through to more or less exactly what the McCanns did. I had a girlfriend who's parents had a flat in Spain and one of her earliest memories was being left alone with her brother sleeping whilst the parents went to the local restaurant about 300 yards away with all their mates. And their mates also did exactly the same thing with their kids. I'm not making this point to excuse it or even explain it, simply to illustrate how widespread it is, or perhaps was.

In fact I've heard many people from what might be termed the 'older generation' who suspect the McCanns personal involvement in the disappearance. Interesting that, perhaps they're remembering leaving their own kind and how they didn't think at the time anything could have happened to them and don't like to do so now.

And yes, there were peados around then(with no access to the Internet), in fact from what you hear possibly more (active) than there are now!

I suppose it depends who you know and who you call a friend.

I have never left my lads alone and I have no friend who would do what the McCanns did.

If they did so, they would no longer be a friend.

I don't accept what they did is widespread - full stop.

[quote Meanwhile, the poor girls father is commanding £500 - £1000./day overtime rate from the NHS , :no:

disgusting :angry:

Thought with that kinda income they would have been able to afford a babysitter

Edited by Davie_M

times have changed i to can remember playing in parks , playing in the street cycling and all sorts of things my parents had no idea where i was and i also remember sitting in the car in the car park while they got shopping.i was about 10 and living in a middle class family in highgate. i myself was very strict on knowing exactly where my daughter was but its a different world now. however i doubt i would ever have ever thought about leaving a child in a foreign country thats just to dodgy im surprised the mccanns thought that would be ok

i am truly stunned at this post. as someone else said, shame on you. you heartless, callous human being. to have thought something like that i would hope that you didnt have kids and if you do i am worried.

i agree too, i know this is a open forum for members and we all have rights to say what we think but comments like who gives a **** :blink: should be kicked off the forum full stop. what a thought less, childish thing to say :hmm:

Yeah, not quite so much outrage on here for those scummers from up North who are up for torching their house with half a dozen kids in it.

Ah, but they weren't posh doctors...

Difference is the law will punish them for what they did and rightly so sick b******* where as for the wealthy well respected mccanns it seem living with it is punishment enough in he eyes of a lot on here. They openly admit to regularly leaving young children unattended in a foreign country so they could enjoy there meal in peace with their friends with a glass or two.

A couple of years ago Didn't some Chav lass somewhere up north get prosecuted for leaving her kid in a car in the pub/club car park whilst she went for a few drinks and got the kid taken off her and a short sentence? What's the difference appart from her kid being alive and well.

Here's a similar exampleMy link

Edited by bicykillgaz

Having owned my own travel agency for over 20 years( i'm now retired), it may surprise alot of people on this forum,but, in my experiance there wasn't a day went by without me being asked for a family holiday, 50% asked specifically for child facilities " you know where we can leave um for afew hours" and also parents asked for " somewhere that does babysitting". This type of holiday is exactly what the McCanns booked( Club Med) but they were too tight to pay for the babysitting.It's a great pity that parenting today does not mean looking after and supervising your own children, why the hell half of them have them in the first place is beyond me.Most of the people that asked for facilities like this baulked at the cost, and i inturn used to read their request as (Where can i dump my kids).It is a 2012 problem and it won't go away .It's part of today's lazy can't be bothered culture. from Auntie. :no:

Edited by 100milesaway

Yeah, not quite so much outrage on here for those scummers from up North who are up for torching their house with half a dozen kids in it.

Ah, but they weren't posh doctors...

This thread is not about the Northern scum,and is indeed about the McCanns.Please link to a scum thread or start one and then i can vent my outrage in their direction too,thanks. :good: