Does life begin at 40?

Asa Bear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes since i was 40 i travelled the world big time to singapore malaysia thailand indonesia vietnam hong kong china and japan. france belgium holand italy spain turkey switzerland and germany. i married a younger chinese wife, joined two bands been on tv and radio and had sports cars guns and motorbikes, bought several property's and it aint over yet im 50 next week. i llloooovvveee my mid life crisis. **** yeah it begins at 40

Edited by storme37

No...... death begins at 40...believe me its slow and progressive..and for some painfull....the miracles of modern medicine are keeping us alive longer... 500 - 600 years ago 40 would have been ancient and if you were in the Army if you saw 30 it was a bloody miracle...

Dont worry about it just get on with it and enjoy every day you are lucky enough to see the sun.

yes since i was 40 i travelled the world big time to singapore malaysia thailand indonesia vietnam hong kong china and japan. france belgium holand italy spain turkey switzerland and germany. i married a younger chinese wife, joined two bands and had sports cars guns and motorbikes, bought several property's and it aint over yet im 50 next week. i llloooovvveee my mid life crisis. **** yeah it begins at 40

Your not that bloke off little Britain are you ?

Am 47 next year but I feel 26

I have more energy, more money and my time is my own,

and am a lot more fitter then I ever was in my 20s or 30s

I love being in my 40s

Ive not started the change yet so no hairy bits in funny places just yet.

But am ready to greet it with my middle finger in the air

Am ready &waiting !!!

xxxxSuzy

Good god, i shouldnt have read this thread. Ive been having that kind of panic for the past year or two, even though im only 35. it was ok being 31 or 32 and it never bothered me. As soon as i hit 34 my head started to work overtime. The death of relatives makes you check the time clock, and you start to think about your own mortality. Im doing my best to keep those thoughts at bay, and just enjoy it.

I'm 48 and life is great. I'm wiser and more at ease with the world and my place in it than I was in my 20s & 30s. I think I like myself better than I did back then! I've more disposable income and more time to enjoy it than when I was younger. I have a few more minor aches and pains and could do with losing a few pounds, but generally (fingers crossed) I'm fit and healthy. My wife and I have much more time to do stuff together than we did when the kids were younger. As I look forward to the next decade I see travel, grandkids, lots of shooting and maybe early retirement. The forties are great.

several times I took an old guy to the cemetry to visit his wife's grave. I would leave him on his own for a while so naturally the only thing to do is wander round and read the other grave stones. I was shocked to realise how many men of roughly my age were buried there. Talk about face to face with reality.

My mate Jim is now buried in the same cemetry. He was my age. Thats what I have found hardest to come to terms with, when friends you consider the same age either get life changing illnesses or die. .

I was 40 in March and it came and went with no fuss whatsoever. I've got 3 kids between 2 and 9 which allow me (in fact it's the law in my head) to behave like a 12 year old on a regular basis, an understanding wife (she has to be, she's 40 next year :)) and a lifestyle that I love. I know what I'm doing, what I want to be doing and how I'm going to go about doing it. At the end of the day it's just a number and you won't feel any different!

I'm 48 and life is great. I'm wiser and more at ease with the world and my place in it than I was in my 20s & 30s. I think I like myself better than I did back then! I've more disposable income and more time to enjoy it than when I was younger. I have a few more minor aches and pains and could do with losing a few pounds, but generally (fingers crossed) I'm fit and healthy. My wife and I have much more time to do stuff together than we did when the kids were younger. As I look forward to the next decade I see travel, grandkids, lots of shooting and maybe early retirement. The forties are great.

Exactly the same as me except I ditched the (cheating) wife and got a girlfriend 12 years younger than me. :)

(I have been with the girlfriend for 18 years now)

Everyone in my peer group is forty or turning forty at the moment.

A lot of people get to forty or thereabouts and start taking stock of their lives.

Some of my mates are still just having babies (my kids are 11 and 8!) Some are having IVF. Some have kids by multiple relationships.

One of my mates missus has had a set of false norks and other women we know are having other cosmetic procedures.

Some people I know are still single. Some are already getting a divorce. Some are with new partners.

Some already have enough money to retire. Some had millionaire lifestyles and lost it all. Some never had, and still don't have a pot to pee in.

Some are still smoking weed, some are still doing a runner from restaurants and a few are coppers. (that pension isn't great now though is it?)

I turn forty next year. To me, it is going to be a day like any other. I still have my boyish good looks and the body of an athlete (sumo wrestler). In my mind I have still only just left school (that was back in 1990) and I have been doing a 22 year gap year while deciding what to do in life. :lol:

Hell no!

Seriously, I'm 49 now and much happier than when I was in my 20's. I know more and I have a little bit more spare dough. No longer have to get babysitters when we want to go anywhere. Minus points: Expanding waistline, needing reading glasses, walking into a room and forgetting what I had gone there for. Enjoy!

Edited by walshie

its funny when your under 40 nothing is likely to be an issue in your doctors eyes "because of your age" however when you pass 40 they start saying "better check that out in view of your age".

i lost more mates and relitives in thier early twenties, late teens than i do today- but it makes you think the next batch is on its way shortly, hang on tight and enjoy the ride :good:

I was 40 two years ago and I've been slightly alarmed at quite how 'less well' I've felt over the last couple of years. Maybe I've been a bit unlucky with a few health issues. The (overdue) over 40's 'MOT' came back with stupidly high cholesterol and triglyceride readings (familial) so for the last year or so I've been on a succession of different pills, none of which agree with me and all of which knacker me out and make me feel more like 72 than 42.

In fact I'm at the point of jacking them in and going on a permanent salad diet!

Slipped a disc too doing something I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at even five years ago. That was painful.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good things in my life, I've got a wife and son, I'm self employed, I go shooting a fair bit etc etc but none of the good things I can attribute to being over 40!

I think that the most important thing about getting older is to keep active and fit and try not to get to fat if you do those things you can have a happy long life no point in worrying about death it will come and get you when it is your turn be that young or very old.

Also people that boast about all of the things that they have done and all of the places that they have been to dose not mean that they have had a better life than someone who has led a much simpler life happiness and contentment comes from inside.