Making a Gunning Punt and Punt Gun

Wildfowler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was quite a handy sort of bloke until I read this thread. Gobsmacked and astonished by this work.

I am a buffoon in comparison ( a handsome buffoon though ).

Merry Xmas Wildfowler

All the best

Same here, except the "handsome" bit.

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks!

My parents always told me, and I always tell my boys, 'if you put your mind to it, you can do anything!' And I do truly believe that, it might take time, and a lot of effort, but it wouldn't be fulfilling if it didn't!

I drilled and tapped a hole in the underside of the gun to accept an eye. This will be where the failsafe rope attaches in case the breaching rope fails, it also has a length of rope and bouy clipped to it in case the worst happens and lastly, it has a rope run through it to stop it springing forward after a shot

In this pic you can also see the fail safe attaching point...

Edited by Wildfowler

on another note how big is your gun cabinet :lol: seriously how are you going to secure the gun, I know its not going to be nicked to be made into a sawn off but what has the feo said about security ?

The amount of security on that thing, it'd be easier to steal a gun from a cabinet!

And to make doubly sure, the breach plug, firing pin, etc are all locked in my gun cabinet so its completely worthless and unusable without them! FEO was fine with how it is being secured and didn't ask for any extra measures... He took a pragmatic approach too, i.e its hardly a bank robbers gun! you cant get anywhere quickly with it! :lol:

Edited by Wildfowler

Would use it be a good reply?

Well, I decided Old farriers suggestion was a pretty good one! Today was the day to put it in the water!

After such awful weather, today was the first opportunity to get out and the last day for a fortnight that I could get out and back on the tide.

As ever, my good sport of a mrs was a massive help!!! We started loading up at about 8:00 this morning