Thought I should share this with you all

Harnser

Harnser old chap,thank you for the insight into the successful operation and ownership of your chosen weapon.

We are all gratified that you have found such success in your pride and joy.

Long may your relationship continue to flourish.

Vic.

My Beretta 301 is probably 15 years old, and in my 3 years of ownership has only jammed once! That may well have been due to jamming a cartridge into the mag after I had dropped it into and recovered it from a muddy marsh gutter!

With clean cartridges it still cycles perfectly down to 24g...shame it's not 3" chambered though. :sad1:

My beretta urika 2 is three years old and hasent had a single jam or miss fire in about 4 thousand shots .Or as other self loading owners say ,"it hasen't missed a beat ". Thought you would all like to know that .

Harnser .

thats nowt, my hatstand is same age and shot about the same. not one single jam,not a bit of bother. the up side is it was cheaper than yours which means i can buy loads more shells :yay:

thats nowt, my hatstand is same age and shot about the same. not one single jam,not a bit of bother. the up side is it was cheaper than yours which means i can buy loads more shells :yay:

But will you make a profit on your hatstand ? I will on my urika 2 .

Harnser .

this reminds me of a conversation i had with a lad at work when i bought a new diatsu sirion and he had got him self a £30,000 bmw.he was ribbing me about resale value of my £7500 car and how much his bmw will be worth in 5 years.well the funny thing is that his bmw is worth around £2,500 now thats a loss of £27,500 ??? !!!Evan though my diatsu was written off and i got a pay out of £4700 :good: so i only lost £2800 :good: .and he thought he got the better value ???

I thought, Harnser old chap, that you may like to know that it's not only your beloved Urika semi auto that has failed to jam. My 30 year old Miroku over & under has never, ever, once jammed.

Missed birds, yes.

Ejector broken, yes.

Needs rebluing, yes.

But jammed.........never.

:shout:

My Beretta 301 is probably 15 years old, and in my 3 years of ownership has only jammed once! That may well have been due to jamming a cartridge into the mag after I had dropped it into and recovered it from a muddy marsh gutter!

With clean cartridges it still cycles perfectly down to 24g...shame it's not 3" chambered though. :sad1:

you can buy 3" barrels for them though

:shaun:

Since we are talking semi autos and reliability - my Beretta extrema 1 -3and a half inch magnum hasnt failed to cycle any of the loads of cartridges I have put through it from 68 gram to 28. How long have I had it - 7 years. How often do I clean it - once a year.

I put about 5-600 carts through it in a year.

Whilst I have no knowledge of a Hatstand, if you value your time in money, I would imagine I've saved more time on cleaning alone than I could spend on buying cartridges.

your 301 will be more like 40 years old not 15 as they were built around 1973-5 the era.

I have a 1968 remington 1100 and it has never missed a beat but it is like a race horse, you have to feed it good food and keep it clean and you will have no problems. I also have a 391 urika2 , that is like a mongral dog. You can feed it what you like and never clean it , beat the **** out of it.It will just keep coming back for more

But will you make a profit on your hatstand ? I will on my urika 2 .

Harnser .

i bought a Berretta from a retailer off the shelf second hand, kept it three years shot it a fair bit then sold it to another trader and got £50 more than i paid for it. presently they are overpriced in the market they are in (within the UK) and i don't think that could be achieved. Its the only time i have ever managed that trick

i bought a Berretta from a retailer off the shelf second hand, kept it three years shot it a fair bit then sold it to another trader and got £50 more than i paid for it. presently they are overpriced in the market they are in (within the UK) and i don't think that could be achieved. Its the only time i have ever managed that trick

My model urika 2 is being advertised in the shooting press for two hundred pounds second hand more than I paid for it three years ago as a new gun . Not a bad investment as far as guns go .

Harnser .

my 301 was built in the 60s they were or one of the 1st beretta autos

If you semi auto was made in the 1960's then it could be be a 300 as they were made from the mid 60's according to the Beretta book and they made the 301 from 1971 to 1980 when the 302 came out and then the 303 in 1985.etc..

Bob

My model urika 2 is being advertised in the shooting press for two hundred pounds second hand more than I paid for it three years ago as a new gun . Not a bad investment as far as guns go .

Harnser .

At least Richard Turpin wore a mask :P

(had to write Richard as you cannot type the short version of his name)

Edited by station