Devastated

jackar7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope she makes a speedy and full recovery.

If the other dog was mine it wouldn't have seen the day out, as you say returning it to the breeder doesn't help - take it for a one way trip to the vet.

Re-socialsing and re-habilitating dogs with aggression problems is something I have very little time for, the animal can never be trusted again so why bother?

Good luck with the dog's recovery mate, shame these things happen, in my view a well trained dog is no threat whatsoever to any other animal or person. Just look at the time and effort gundog people put into training their dogs and how often do they attack other dogs, livestock or people, i would think it is very rarely. In reply to Tom Kelly i had a staffie bitch for 7 years never once did she even look sideways at another dog but was regularly hassled by all types of dogs in the local park, she was properly trained always on a lead, yet when someone elses dog hassled her after running across the park the owners would invariably say my staffie should be muzzled. A well trained dog is a happy safe dog, also she was for a time the sponsored pet at Alder hey childrens hospital, til kids slipped her too many sweeties. then we got her.

scobydog

There are loads of excellent Staffies. I regularly go round the field with a massive one and it's good as gold, but of the five Staffies that regularly go round the field two are great, one is a total ****** and used to run across he field just to attack my old spaniel. It bit my wife's leg one day while she was trying to seperate them. The last time it attacked my old dog I flung it 20 yards into a massive bramble bush and went absolutely mental at the woman who owns it telling her I would cut the dogs head off if it ever happened again. she always puts it on the lead now. Another one is always on a lead but goes absolutely mad when it sees any other dog. The stupid owner always asks if my dog is "intact" blaming that for her dogs reaction. There's a rottweiler that I sometimes see down there that always looks like it wants a piece of any dog it sees, but I always give it a wide bearth as I don't want to find out where it's a teddy bear or a tiger the hard way.

There are good and bad in all dogs, but the bigger the dog the more damage it can do. I certainly wouldn't be as confident of getting in a crowded beaters trailer with a pile of rottweillers and Staffies as I am with a pile of spaniels and labs. There must be a reason for this.

Delighted to hear the cocker's home again. Looks like it had a torrid time. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Apologies for calling you Tom, Tim, i would assume the 2 good ones are well trained, 1 always on lead possibly a rescue with issues hence on lead at all times, others untrained with idiot owners, afraid you can't compensate for idiot ,macho trophy owning idiots.

Atb Scobydog

Apologies for calling you Tom, Tim, i would assume the 2 good ones are well trained, 1 always on lead possibly a rescue with issues hence on lead at all times, others untrained with idiot owners, afraid you can't compensate for idiot ,macho trophy owning idiots.

Atb Scobydog

Quite agree. Unfortunately the very type dogs we all have troubles with tend to be owned by the morons!

That's horrendous, but it sounds as though she'll be ok, and hopefully her confidence won't be too dented by the experience.

My viz was bitten by a ratty little schnauzer thing last year - it just ran out from a driveway, jumped up and grabbed him by the throat. I parted them with a steel toecap to the ribs, when the owner appeared and started giving it loud about hoofing his little pooch! I just said, 'Yeah whatever mate, you didn't see it, but I'll make sure you see the photos and vet's bill...' As it happened there was only a couple of small puncture wounds which soon healed. Any dog is capable of having a go and the bigger the jaws, the more damage they do!

All the best with your cocker matey.

Maybe sending the owner for retraining would be a better idea better still a lifetime ban from keeping any animal because next time it may be a child and not a dog being attacked heaven forbid i hope your dog makes a speedy recvery she looks a cracker

Edited by Ryan gun

Christ I've just read this I really feel for ya mate it must of been terrible for you both, hope shes better soon pal. I would still get this reported to the police ASAP, just I case they become ***** when payment is required.....

Best regards

Carl

Hope your dog recovers , thats a right nasty wound, and hope she does not become dog shy its terrible when owners can't keep their dogs under proper control.

Christ I've just read this I really feel for ya mate it must of been terrible for you both, hope shes better soon pal. I would still get this reported to the police ASAP, just I case they become arsey when payment is required.....

Best regards

Carl

I am with birky on this, never know what could happen next, might say was not their dog and try and wriggle out of paying the vets bills, especially as that does not look like a cheap bill coming up..

Hope she makes a speedy and full recovery.

If the other dog was mine it wouldn't have seen the day out, as you say returning it to the breeder doesn't help - take it for a one way trip to the vet.

Re-socialsing and re-habilitating dogs with aggression problems is something I have very little time for, the animal can never be trusted again so why bother?

Again agree with WGD as if its done this once, it could well do it again, and next time it could be a child. Its bad enough its happened to a lovely dog who hopefully will recover with you giving great care and attention to her.

There are loads of excellent Staffies. I regularly go round the field with a massive one and it's good as gold, but of the five Staffies that regularly go round the field two are great, one is a total ****** and used to run across he field just to attack my old spaniel. It bit my wife's leg one day while she was trying to seperate them. The last time it attacked my old dog I flung it 20 yards into a massive bramble bush and went absolutely mental at the woman who owns it telling her I would cut the dogs head off if it ever happened again. she always puts it on the lead now. Another one is always on a lead but goes absolutely mad when it sees any other dog. The stupid owner always asks if my dog is "intact" blaming that for her dogs reaction. There's a rottweiler that I sometimes see down there that always looks like it wants a piece of any dog it sees, but I always give it a wide bearth as I don't want to find out where it's a teddy bear or a tiger the hard way.

There are good and bad in all dogs, but the bigger the dog the more damage it can do. I certainly wouldn't be as confident of getting in a crowded beaters trailer with a pile of rottweillers and Staffies as I am with a pile of spaniels and labs. There must be a reason for this.

Delighted to hear the cocker's home again. Looks like it had a torrid time. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Sir could i ask you to pay for the bill of my computer !just spilled tea in it due to your absolute hillarious reaction threating this idiot women you would cut her dogs head off if it came near your dog again.Would love to have seen the look on her face.Just a shame it takes this sort of a reacion for these stupid people to control their PETS!!!! Nice one fella :good:

There has been a dog de borduex attack a few dogs where i walk, i have even had issues with a dog walker, whos dogs rushed ours and started having a go, when i asked her to call them back, she said its what dogs do. Not all big dogs are vicous, i own a ridgeback, and a GSP/Rottweier cross, none have ever bothered the other animals in the house, chickens/cat etc, or any dog outside. Unfortunately, there are people who own the bigger type dog for intimidation. Any dog in the wrong hands can/will do damage.

I do hope the little cocker makes a swift, and healthy recovery, and i do hope you manage to settle the vets bill with the people concerned.

Matt

Really sorry to hear about your poor dog I sincerly hope that she makes a full recovery and does not have any lasting injuries, I appriciate that it isnt much help at the moment but you really do need to involve the Police, you never know you might get someone who does care and goes out of the way to track this dog down it could be a child next and maybe they need to be reminded of that.

I wish you all the best

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This its one of those things that I wish that never happens to know one, I really hope your dog will make a full recovery and yes I really hope that the attacking dogs will be put down and their owner taken to court.

1. Whats the point of having a dog like a rotweiler or other similar dogs? Its only for people that like to show off or chavies.

I have met a few rotties in my lifes some are really good but still I will never trust that type of dogs. The owner its the main responsible and should pay the consequence.

same sort of thing happened to me years ago with my lab...out walking my dog on a lead and he was attacked by a akita type dog, the dog bit both me and my dad on the hands as we tried to free our dog from it...the owner of the other dog just tried to walk away but as my dad was a bobby he stopped the male...managed to get damages and all vets bill paid by this male...its just a shame when people dont control bigger dogs and let them off there leads, my mrs gets nervous at times when she walks my fox terrier at night in case she bumps into a dog like that...hope you dog makes a full recovery as said by others tho you need to report it to the police....