WHSmiths petition. Please show your support and sign.

demonwolf444

Just had a reply which seems generic to everyone who has wrote to WHSmith..here is my reply...which does not mention anything which i put to them.

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email.

WHSmith aims to offer our customers choice, whilst striking the right balance and not acting as a censor. WHSmith seeks to do its best to satisfy all of its customers who often have strongly opposing views. We aim to display all of our magazines in locations where they are accessible to those who want to buy them, but do not offend those who do not. The till prompt system has been in place for many years on a range of different products and this has not previously been an issue for customers.

Denise Hughes

Customer Service Team Manager

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it seems WHsmiths is keen to fob off all its customers with this same automated response, of which i have recieved several, the petition is still growing strongly however it is very much still early doors and this pressure must be sustained for it to be effective. We must also be true to our promise to not shop at whsmiths to form an effective embargo.

It is quite clear that these responses show little regard for the feelings of WHsmiths customers.

Its is more important now than ever that each individual becomes active to stand for what we believe in. Please keep checking back to the petition page, aswell as make to make sure all your contacts have recieved links to the petition and the facebook campaign page.

Finally i encourage you all to lobby MP's who have signed EDM311, details of which can be found on the news section of the petition page.

Thankyou to everyone once again for your support.

(most recent news from the petition page)

"2700 + signatures currently! This is an amazing feat, I strongly believe that without the community becoming politically active on an individual level and not just through organisations such as BASC and the CA that do a lot for our sport, we will continue to see the errosion of our rights through policies such as these and also the slow downfall of our sport.

In the technological age it is easier than ever to become politically active and make a difference for things you believe in, and it is now that we must all work together to capitalise of this to make the voice of British shooting and the countryside be heard loud and clear.

Please make sure all your personal contacts have recieved links to the petition so that it continues to grow. Together we will work against bureaucracy placed on the countryside and country sports to change the future of our sport.

Please don't forget to lobby your MP's against EDM 311 details can be found in the news post below.

Thankyou for your support!"

I've got to the next level it seems...

"Thank you for your further e mail which has been passed to me as Head

of Customer Services for investigation and response.

I apologise if you feel that our initial reply did not sufficiently

address all of your previous concerns.

I would like to assure you that WHSmith respects the views expressed by

all customers. We are therefore now in the process of assimilating all

of this further feedback, to assist us in looking into this issue.

If I can be of any further assistance at any point , please do not

hesitate to contact me.

Juliette Cavilla

Head of Customer Services"

Juliette.Cavilla@whsmith.co.uk

I've got to the next level it seems...

"Thank you for your further e mail which has been passed to me as Head

of Customer Services for investigation and response.

I apologise if you feel that our initial reply did not sufficiently

address all of your previous concerns.

I would like to assure you that WHSmith respects the views expressed by

all customers. We are therefore now in the process of assimilating all

of this further feedback, to assist us in looking into this issue.

If I can be of any further assistance at any point , please do not

hesitate to contact me.

Juliette Cavilla

Head of Customer Services"

Juliette.Cavilla@whsmith.co.uk

Loads of others have got the same reply word for word, so it is again an automated response.

It was a shame Shooting Times didn't print the petition link in this week's issue, but that was probably down to the magazine going to press just as the petition started to gain attention. Hopefully they will print in next week. They have done on their website.

Just a thought, would it be worth appealing to the angling community to get their support for the petition? I don't fish, but I wonder if there might be some sympathy in their ranks, especially as they are often in the sights of animal rights fruit cakes like 'Animal Aid' who kicked all this off? Would it be worth someone on here who also uses a few angling forums, putting up a link to the petition with a brief explanation?

Edited by Blunderbuss

Firstly, Kate Swann is no longer at WH Smith so waste of time emailing her.

Secondly, after a bit of investigating, Juliette Cavilla is a governer at her local primary school so you could always send emails to them for her attention... admin@haydonwick.swindon.sch.uk

or simply message her on Facebook... http://www.facebook....iette.cavilla

or Tweet @

JulietteCavilla

Hope that helps?

Edited by Gillaroo

Just a thought, would it be worth appealing to the angling community to get their support for the petition? I don't fish, but I wonder if there might be some sympathy in their ranks, especially as they are often in the sights of animal rights fruit cakes like 'Animal Aid' who kicked all this off? Would it be worth someone on here who also uses a few angling forums, putting up a link to the petition with a brief explanation?

Good idea. Shooting magazines often include stuff on fishing. I believe ST contributor Chris De Cani has signed it.

Firstly, Kate Swann is no longer at WH Smith so waste of time emailing her.

Secondly, after a bit of investigating, Juliette Cavilla is a governer at her local primary school so you could always send emails to them for her attention... admin@haydonwick.swindon.sch.uk

or simply message her on Facebook... http://www.facebook....iette.cavilla

or Tweet @

JulietteCavilla

Hope that helps?

She is still there, but she will resign next year. At the moment she is very much in charge.

Email adress for the chairman is walker.boyd@whsmith.co.uk

By the way, the petition is now over 3000 signatures, at 3037! The rate of new signatures is certainly speeding up.

Oh, and I've added my dad's signature to it as well, after he asked me to.

Edited by Reece

Thankyou, it is important that people keep posting in here to keep the topic current. I today have recieved positive information regarding the petition and we are preparing to take the campaign the next stage.

It is absoloutely essential that we do not give up on this matter untill the policy is completely retracted. We will not compromise. It is important at this time that we make sure that every avenue of support for this petition is reached to help change the future of our sport.

One day, two days, three days of emailing, lobbying, and campaigning are all well and good, but this effort needs to be sustained for the petition and further campaigns to get the voice of the shooting community heard and to change the future of British shooting for our children and our childrens children.

Little steps today, save our sport tomorrow.

Thankyou once again for the support of pigeon watch and all its members for everything you have done so far to further this petition.

James Reynolds.

Would it be worth contacting MPs to get them to publicise our cause, and keep it in the limelight? Except, of course, if your MP is known to be strongly anti shooting.

Given how the leagues Early Day Motion got signatures from MPs because of lobbying by constituents, could we not do the same?

The CA and BASC have been doing an incredible amount of work behind the scenes along side myself. Running this campaign has givven me an incredible insight into the amount of work the organisations do for our sport. We are averaging just under one signature a minute, which is incredible. It is important to let you all know that we have much set in store for the campaign which should show themselfs over the next few weeks. I cannot give to much away but this is just the begining of our campaign!

I asked in the other thread but why havent CA and BASC sent a mail shot to members....how long would that even take? It is times like this that these organisations should be doing as much as possible to drum up support.

Whilst I get your point with this it is not limited to "live game", at least BASC have made comments in the press CA and SACS seem to have been totall silent - this comment should also be pointed at the likes of CPSA and NRA who also appear to have been totally silent on this issue although it equally impacts on them.

Whilst I get your point with this it is not limited to "live game", at least BASC have made comments in the press CA and SACS seem to have been totall silent - this comment should also be pointed at the likes of CPSA and NRA who also appear to have been totally silent on this issue although it equally impacts on them.

100% agree.

Still the media wont quote all parties so it is possible they've made their case.

My point is 50,000 signatures will be louder than any qoute from a spokes person. I guarantee it will hit the media as would WH Smiths retraction.