On the news tonight foxhunting

four-wheel-drive

A foxhunt has been found guilty of killing three foxes and fined I think they said about £20.000 with costs but it cost the RSPCA over £300.000 to bring the case even the judge said that he doubted that people giving money to them would be happy with them waisting there money in this way I must add that I have my doubts about the RSPCA but having said that they do do some good work for sick and neglected animals.

A foxhunt has been found guilty of killing three foxes and fined I think they said about £20.000 with costs but it cost the RSPCA over £300.000 to bring the case even the judge said that he doubted that people giving money to them would be happy with them waisting there money in this way I must add that I have my doubts about the RSPCA but having said that they do do some good work for sick and neglected animals.

They are becoming a very dangerous organisation. I dont think they do very much for sick or neglected animals any more, I phoned up to report some neglect donkeys and ponies, they refused to do anything until I pushed them and then they spent a silly amount of time trying to convince me to give them money.

we heard of someone neglecting there ferrets, we rang rspca and they dont come out for ferrets, yet if it was a cat they would, as someone that owns ferrets and has done for a while i didnt agree with them, i thought they was there to protect animals wether a parrot, a horse or a guinea pig... guess i was wrong so no money from me sod em... all the best steve

It cost the RSPCA £326,980.23 and the hunt/hunters were had to pay £19,500 towards their costs.

How many charity tins would it take to make up the £307,480.23?

It cost the taxpayer circa £30,000 on top of that for the 40 summonses that the RSPCA tried to bring against the Heythrop that were dismissed. Good use of money?

Driven by concerns for welfare or driving a political agenda? Fairly clear I think.

Edited by tomov

It cost the RSPCA £326,980.23 and the hunt/hunters were had to pay £19,500 towards their costs.

How many charity tins would it take to make up the £307,480.23?

thats one house they have had from someone in their will, thats what the money grabbing ******** are after these days. From what I read the huntsmen had no option than plead guilty or they ran the risk of RSPCA costs being awarded against them and the cost of defending would have been too high. Thats not justice

At £300k per fox if every hunt killed a fox each time it went out, how long before the RSPCA went bust? A prosecution driven by politics. How does anyone manage to film 500 hours of footage and hold down a job? Hope the benefits "people" are watching the watchers.

The director of the RSPCA was on five live, what an odious bully.

Be rather funny if the Queen removed their Royal title, even better if Cameron kept his pledge and a free vote rescinded the ban.

the americanism 'bang for buck' is very much apt here, in terms of money delivering animal welfare- this £327K was an obscene waste of resources. There will be thousands of animals enduring suffering that could have been tackled, but they clearly wanted to go after the this hunt.

A couple of years ago i drove a swan into an rspca centre that was lame, they really didnt want to take it in, suggesting i should have left it to perish, explaining funds are tight.

Watching the odious Gavin Grant and his role with the badger cull opposition, and now this farce has made it clear in my mind what these people are about, and it has nothing to do with animal welfare, and everything towards 'animal rights'.

edit - have a listen to to odious Gavin Grant 1hr and 53 minutes in on the Radio 4 today program

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p9ks6/Today_18_12_2012/

I know they do some good work, but the direction the RSPCA is going in is clearly not what the majority of people would like to see from them. I suspect it might have a time lag before the fall out from this starts to bite, but i'm sure it will.

Although with them courting that hypocrite Brian May, himself in his twilight years, i'm guessing they are banking on a nice lump of cash from him, either way - they will not get another penny from me.

Edited by pegasus bridge

yes but i bet he marched in london like the rest off us.....

i hate folks that think because people are posh and have money they dont care, i have been in flash motor up to the eyeballs in mud been driven from a coursing meet, rich or poor if they stand up to what they believe then good for them

poontang you sound a ****

Caught some of this on the J.Vine show this afternoon;pro RSPCA listeners overwhelmingly outnumbered the pro hunters regarding 'phoned in' responses.One woman said she had considered cancelling her sub's due to what she considered an extravagant waste of money,but after hearing the hunt spokesman and his unrepentant attitude she changed her mind.

Much has been made of it being the hunt of the PM's home town;an extremely wealthy Tory stronghold.Class issue?Don't be silly. :hmm:

i hate folks that think because people are posh and have money they dont care, i have been in flash motor up to the eyeballs in mud been driven from a coursing meet, rich or poor if they stand up to what they believe then good for them

Washerboy,

Much as I'd like to respond to your post, and personal attack, I'm finding it difficult...as I haven't got a ******* clue what you're talking about.

Maybe read the thread, listen to the radio clip...and start again? :ermm:

Washerboy,

Much as I'd like to respond to your post, and personal attack, I'm finding it difficult...as I haven't got a ******* clue what you're talking about.

Maybe read the thread, listen to the radio clip...and start again? :ermm:

Yea Poontang, you really bad person you :eh: :blink: :crazy:

who did - the odious Gavin Grant from the RSPCA? i'll bet he was at home knocking one out at the prospect of a hunting ban :good:

washerboy please correct me if i am wrong but are you supporting Mr Grant ?

also why the silly attack on poontang ?

I asked the RSPCA why it doesn't prosecute every angler who toys with a fish on the end of a line. "We have to look at individual cases presented to us," a spokesperson said, "and ask if unnecessary suffering was caused. If somebody was to phone the RSPCA to say that a person had made a fish struggle on the end of a hook, we would investigate that."

Perhaps it's easier to pursue humane pranksters than to challenge Britain's amateur fishermen.

Says it all about the RSPCA.

They are becoming a very dangerous organisation. I dont think they do very much for sick or neglected animals any more, I phoned up to report some neglect donkeys and ponies, they refused to do anything until I pushed them and then they spent a silly amount of time trying to convince me to give them money.

I can tell you they do naff all for small mammals............. round by me that is only interested in cats and dogs, horses too. The rest they "sub out" ........ unbelievable

I'm really not sure what to make of this article: http://www.guardian....-goldfish-rspca

i picked up on this a few days ago, i tweeted it, but it doesn't appear to have sunk in with many folk.

the bit that jumps out for me is this "If somebody was to phone the RSPCA to say that a person had made a fish struggle on the end of a hook, we would investigate that."

So potentially any time wasting call from the nutcases at PETA / Hunt Sabs (please see websites for the anti fishing rubbish) who reports this to their bed-chums over at the RSPCA could find the aggressive might of a well funded 'charity' to deal with.

People who just fish tend to have a head in sand approach to these nutcases (PETA / Hunt sabs/ RSPCA) - but i would hope this would be a wakeup call for anglers.

The RSPCA will not get a penny from me, instead I will spend my time spreading the word about just what they do, how they do it and the rotten company they keep.