Action against the behaviour of the RSPCA

docholiday

I have signed it, but do have some comments.

There is a spelling mistake in the first sentence. That is shoddy and hardly gives the petition a fighting chance of being taken seriously. The general standard of spelling and grammar on this forum is atrocious, and I accept that mine is far from perfect. When challenged, the majority view seems to be that ‘it doesn’t matter’. In the context of a self-selecting internet forum, that may well be the case but for external formal communications it must be a consideration.

I have historically been a donor to the RSPCA. I have ceased contributing - for the broad reasons outlined in the petition - but do feel I have a right to comment. If you do not, or have not, made contributions to the charity, do you have a right to comment on the use of funds? I could argue either way.

I do not support the call for the RSPCA - or any other individual or body - to be prevented from undertaking a private criminal action. It is a fundamental right. If anyone feels they can rely on the CPS to support action in all cases they are deluded. In legal circles they're known as 'Couldn't prosecute Satan'.

I had already signed being made aware from one of the gun dog groups I am a member of. My apologies if any spelling mistakes, all are not all university educated . Any one who is under the impression that shooting is not on the agenda of the RSPCA

is living in cloud cuckoo land.

It would be more productive, next time you see an ad by the RSPCA using images of abandoned dogs etc. to write to the Advertising Standards Authority, citing the stats revealed recently in the Daily Mail (and this weeks Shooting Times), complaining that the ad is misleading, even downright dishonest in seeking to convey that donations are used to safeguard dogs and other animals when in fact the have destroyed 50,000 + animals for reasons such as no room in the shelter, and that you believe that the ad should disclose the substantial diversion of donated funds into headline private prosecutions against alleged fox hunting.

If the 3,000 odd who have signed the petition actually paid the price of a few stamps and wrote a few letters, to the ASA, their MP, the Charities Commission etc. it would be far more effective.

The petition is a waste of time and simply seeks to pass the buck with a digital flick of the wrist and a few keystrokes.

Sorry to be so blunt.

It would be more productive, next time you see an ad by the RSPCA using images of abandoned dogs etc. to write to the Advertising Standards Authority, citing the stats revealed recently in the Daily Mail (and this weeks Shooting Times), complaining that the ad is misleading, even downright dishonest in seeking to convey that donations are used to safeguard dogs and other animals when in fact the have destroyed 50,000 + animals for reasons such as no room in the shelter, and that you believe that the ad should disclose the substantial diversion of donated funds into headline private prosecutions against alleged fox hunting.

If the 3,000 odd who have signed the petition actually paid the price of a few stamps and wrote a few letters, to the ASA, their MP, the Charities Commission etc. it would be far more effective.

The petition is a waste of time and simply seeks to pass the buck with a digital flick of the wrist and a few keystrokes.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Ditto.

The RSPCA - that fine organisation who sue bereaved relatives for more money because they feel they should get the full bequeathed amount, not the amount that was left to them before tax.

I think it's 2 separate cases now where someone has left X to the RSPCA, Y to relative 1 and Z to relative 2. The RSPCA get their X but lose some of it to taxes so they sue relatives 1 and 2, trying to get them to top the amount they were left with back up to X.

They'll never see a penny from me. As bad as PETA when it comes to dishonesty.