what car would you...if you could

TJ91

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferrari308GTB.jpg

My Dad had one of them in the 1980's. He had a silver hard top one. (308 GTB) It made a fantastic noise.

He got "T boned" in it when he pulled out fast on a junction and went between one car towing another on a tow rope! Completely mangled it!

They are getting rare now, the one with carbs (which he had) as opposed to fuel injection are very sought after.

My Dad had one of them in the 1980's. He had a silver hard top one. (308 GTB) It made a fantastic noise.

He got "T boned" in it when he pulled out fast on a junction and went between one car towing another on a tow rope! Completely mangled it!

They are getting rare now, the one with carbs (which he had) as opposed to fuel injection are very sought after.

Not up to that standard Matt but my dad had one of these, V8 BMW with suicide back doors

BMW502_01.jpg

:shaun:

Well depends on how much cash we are talking here. I'm not a greedy chap and so would love a really nice TDCI Land Rover 110 County, in a nice colour, decent tyres etc on it. For me it would be the perfect vehicle, will get the wife and my tree kids in, ideal everyday vehicle and for pottering around the farm, lamping etc. doesn't mind getting dirty, easily maintained, retains value well etc.

c8a8d9077cc96174c4ff6ba53f6f544e.jpg

If loaded then obviously something from the Ferrari stable, a Porsche 911 Turbo, Range Rover H&H, AC Cobra, an Aston etc etc.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Edited by jgguinness

I get some of the choices on here

If you want an out an out sports car then it's a Ferrari or Lambo etc.

If you want a GT cruiser then an Aston etc.

If you want a 4&x then it's a Land Rover etc.

But I am not sure why the M5, RS4, Skyline etc? What exactly are they offering? I have been fortunate enough to either own or at least driven most of the cars mentioned. With an M5 or RS4 they just don't do it for me. Drive an Aston or a Ferrari and your ***** swell up every time you get in. You go into your garage just to look longingly at it. You don't with a BMW, Audi or Nissan regardless of what badge it has on the back. My opinion anyway.

I would save my money, these days I don't even own a car (my wife does) I just use one of the vans. Nice cars are just a big black hole into which you throw money. My wife has a Hyundai, its her second one, she loves it to bits. One day every car will be a Hyundai, what a beautiful car for the money.

I would save my money, these days I don't even own a car (my wife does) I just use one of the vans. Nice cars are just a big black hole into which you throw money. My wife has a Hyundai, its her second one, she loves it to bits. One day every car will be a Hyundai, what a beautiful car for the money.

I think the topic is what car if you could afford anything. If I could afford an original AC Corba at about 300k I would not have to worry about the black hole money pit.

You don't with a BMW, Audi or Nissan regardless of what badge it has on the back.

You have answered your own question there, its the difference between a drivers car and posers car :P

Although they don't appeal to me either, I totally get why people like the understated looks and let face it in some cases supercar beating performance. In the same way a Caterham R500 would embarrass almost all of the cars mentioned so far.

Like the otehrs that have replied IF I had the choice, I would a have few cars for different occasions.

I am not a huge Ferrari fan but I had go in this 360 on a few months ago, I have to concede it does sound amazing and goes like the proverbial.

I think the topic is what car if you could afford anything. If I could afford an original AC Corba at about 300k I would not have to worry about the black hole money pit.

Oh I can afford any car I want, There is not a single new car I couldn't buy if I wanted to. But the reason I can afford any car I want is because I am not stupid enough to waste my money any more. I've had them, the novelty wears off very quickly.

AC Cobra would be a good choice because its simple, almost agricultural, and has an American V8 for which the parts are plentiful and cheap.

You try running something with an Italian or British V12 DOHC fuel injected and tell me that you wouldn't be worried about the black hole money pit

Edited by Vince Green