Wine preference

welsh1

As i sit here supping(necking) red wine i was curious what everyone drinks wine wise,I like red and find that a lot of whites give me heart burn

Are you a red drinker or a white drinker,or god forbid one of those liberal rose drinkers. :ernyha:

Have to admit i like a rose in the summer at a bbq ;)

I don't think a expensive or inexpensive wine tastes that much

Diffrint as iv had it all over the world, I don't think you can beat a good normel

House, blossom-hill alltho bit fruty lol,,or hardeys alltho there not so kind to your head the next day being 13.5vol

Answer a nice France bordox, or Australian medium body red of 12 to 12.5

Don't like a full body fruity inky wine , alltho saying that

as long as its red and alcaolic and knot like cat **** then it go"s down lol

whatever comes to hand ....going to get some home brew wine on the go and I do like red wine but think white will come out better

Years ago i used to do home brew red wine, had some great tasting batches,but a couple were only fit for paint stripper.And you can do some potent wines when brewing yourself.

I don't think a expensive or inexpensive wine tastes that much

Diffrint as iv had it all over the world, I don't think you can beat a good normel

House, blossom-hill alltho bit fruty lol,,or hardeys alltho there not so kind to your head the next day being 13.5vol

Answer a nice France bordox, or Australian medium body red of 12 to 12.5

Don't like a full body fruity inky wine , alltho saying that

as long as its red and alcaolic and knot like cat **** then it go"s down lol

I think you are right about some cheap and expensive wines tasting the same,we came on leave from Germany one summer and brought back 70x1l cartons of red and white wines,it said on the carton a blend of various eu wines,it cost 1dm a carton,we took loads to bbqs and mates houses and everyone commented on how surprisingly tasty they were,even one of our mates who likes the top end wines said it was very drinkable.So just shows that you never know until you taste.

I agree that a good Bordeaux is hard to beat.

Merlot, shiraz, rioja and blends, so long as the abv is over 14%, happy days.

My all time favourite wine is from a small vineyard in Marlborough, New Zealand call Huia http://www.huia.net.nz/wines went there years ago and bought back what we could carry. They do import via these chaps but I've never used them http://www.bibendum-wine.co.uk. Their Sauvignon Blanc is the best I've ever had and I've had a few, trust me!!!

Don't knock it until you have tried it, Toro Loco a Tempranillo from Aldi,I think it won silver at the world wine festival last year beating wines at £30 a bottle, not a bad little number at £4 a bottle,12.5% and very fruity,hints of Blackberries and Black currants,try it and see what you think.

williamr

Edited by williamr