neighbours from hell

gixer1

After reading the "scaffolding on property" thread - I figured some people must have neighbours from hell stories - they can after all ruin a perfectly good house!

One of the first houses me and Mrs Gixer had was inbetween to neighbours from hell, one side waited until I was working away and came round to complain that Mrs Gixer was cutting OUR front lawn as if she was "hoovering a carpet" and that it should be done in stripes to match his side (bare in mind I was working away so she was doing her best to cut the grass)

The other time the same guy came round to complain that the wheely bin was dirty (it had been emptied and the dirty water from the bins sump had run down the outside)

I took great delight in educating this man to the error of his ways when I got back from working away as he was basically a bully that liked to try and intimidate women...

the other side complained that My brothers car (a range rover at the time) obscured thier front room window view when it was parked in my driveway as it had smoked glass... :blink:

both neighbours moved begore us and we heard both had fallouts with thier next set of neighbours :rolleyes:

Thankfully we now have a fantastic set of neighbours (one a Geordie couple in thier late 50's who are fantastic and the otherside a retired ships captain) and our house is far enough from next door that we can get to them in an emergency but far away enough that we cant see/hear each other!

So what are your stories?

Regards,

Gixer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, great thred..where shoud i start.

Well i moved up't north some 14 years ago, it was pretty short notice so my then girlfriend (now Mrs) managed to find me a cheap flat in a so called quiet area. this turned out to be a right rough area and known to most yokals as not a great place to set up home. ok it was cheap but my neibourgh ( above ) was a down and out T**t, in to drugs and **** music, my first meeting with him was him banging on my door late evening asking if i had any "Skinns" cos hed smoked his last (the shop was 50 feet away) he stunk of dope and with my dumfounded look on my face he asked if i was a copper. (i should have said yes!)

the next time was coming home to my flat being flooded, his GF had started to run a bath and then gone out,,, my place was ruined.

it then happened again and my newly decorated flat was again flooded, this time they were in but both off their faces and after 45 mis finally answered the door and then turned off the bath, again my place ruined.

i then suffered a bout of flu and was off ill for 4 days, bed ridden and feeling perticually Cr*p and was subjected to "follow the leeda" constantly repeated for 9 straight hours. lucky for me the mains electric was in my flat and i plunged us both into the dark ages for 24 hours. this did not help matters and the police were called by him and old plod made me turn the power back on.

he had a number of runins with local plod and the surrounding neibours and eventually i upd sticks told my landlord to stick it up his chuff and moved in with the mrs.

i cant believe that i kept my cool for so long, i understand now that he is doing a stretch inside for abh on his mrs. i hope its a long one and he drops the soap many times in there cos he deserves everything he gets.

G.

Just after me and Mrs P got married, we lived in a semi-detached house where the neighbours had a child that they would allow to scream (some modern parenting ****).

Eventually (I worked night shifts) one night at 2 am, Mrs P got up, went to their door and played merry hell. Amazingly, the following morning they came round and complained about her attitude to me, as if they expected me to have some sort of absolute power over what she did.

I have to confess, I laughed in their faces, and told them that she had been keeping a log of all the times she had been woken by them, and was going to go see environmental health the next week.

That afternoon, they knocked again, informed us that they were giving up their tenancy in 2 weeks, and could we please not complain as it would cause them issues in the future.

Edited by robbiep

That sounds like a really rough area you lived in gixer, how did you tolerate being near those neighbors from hell for so long?? :lol:

As all 3 of my brothers drive now whenever we go to either set of parents parking is normally an issue with 3 extra cars, one lady in particular was part of the brigade who believe the section of pavement and road at the front of her house was hers. We calmly explained multiple times she had no right to claim it as hers, which in turn led her to trying to block us in. One day we got fed up with it and waited till about 2 in the morning when we were about to leave (we had known she had blocked us earlier in the day) and knocked on her door until she come downstairs at which point we had a barrage of abuse swiftly followed by me pointing to my brother with the 4x4 and a tow rope attached and him about to put the other end through her wheel on the offending car. I explained if she didnt move the car we would and if she blocked us in again we wouldnt be asking her again. Needless to say we didnt have a problem after that. I did make a point though when i did this of being very mindful this was a lady (an evil and nasty one at that) not to be rude or offensive but also make sure she didnt feel as though we would do anything other than move her car.

Edited by ferguson_tom

My neighbours had builders in 5 days straight - power tools from about 7 AM until 6 PM - loadsa noise etc etc. They'd only just moved in, so I figured they'd have some work to do and gave them some slack.

On the Saturday afternoon, at about 3 pm, I went outside to fix a wrought iron gate. After less than an hour, they came round to complain about the noise!

Some people who live opposite us used to be a right pain. They were always having parties late at night which attracted all the local yobs.

A similar family lived further down the road, and there was a court case to evict them, as they had vandalised cars, chucked bricks through windows and got involved in fights (one of them threatened my dad with a knife, but that's another story). These people moved out willingly later. Since then we haven't had a problem with the people living across the street.

As for the one who threatened my dad with a knife, he was drunk at the time and then slashed the tyres of a car similar in appearance to my dad's - it seems he tried to slash the tyres of my dad's car but was so drunk he got the wrong one.

We haven't had any problems with these people since, but I will always remember the day when, after shouting randomly at people in the street and getting into a fight, the police were called round, tasered him, and dragged him out of his house. I watched it all from my bedroom window and it was quite amusing.

I,m just glad I dont live next door to anyone with

Two dogs

Two cars

Two or three Motor bikes

Two kids so far

Assorted chainsaws?

Lawn mowers

Garden tractors

ETC! ETC!

LOLOL :D:P

Could be worse, they could have 4-5 dogs (+ the two mentioned above regularly) 2 cars, 1 motorbike, 2 tractors, 15 lawnmowers, visiting god children, and a looney dragging wheelie bins along besides his car... ;)

I win!

Could be worse, they could have 4-5 dogs (+ the two mentioned above regularly) 2 cars, 1 motorbike, 2 tractors, 15 lawnmowers, visiting god children, and a looney dragging wheelie bins along besides his car... ;)

I win!

Or worse, surrounded on all sides by 'cat ladies'. At least the dogs **** in their own gardens...

Had two lesbians next door to me , the fat short haired ugly type unfortunately .

They had two daschunds that were left shut in the house for up to 14 hrs a day while they were out , they howled non stop for hours on end it was like a doggy f In choir and drove me nuts after numerous complaints they were still yapping away.

The straw that finally broke the camels back was one xmas eve they had a party for their lesbian friends all of which were equally as ugly, now I can forgive someone who has the odd party and can except there will be a bit of noise , anyway I am sitting in my living room and can clearly hear them talking , when one says " lets turn the music up and annoy the man next door"

That was my cue to finally flip , I shot round there and kicked her back door open and screamed she is already annoying the man next door , one of the dogs legged in out on to the road to which she started saying it might get run over , to which I replied I ******* hope so .

Anyway , I ended up reporting the dogs to the council and within two weeks she had moved out !!

Edited by fenboy

Had two lesbians next door to me , the fat short haired ugly type unfortunately .

They had two daschunds that were left shut in the house for up to 14 hrs a day while they were out , they howled non stop for hours on end it was like a doggy f In choir and drove me nuts after numerous complaints they were still yapping away.

The straw that finally broke the camels back was one xmas eve they had a party for their lesbian friends all of which were equally as ugly, now I can forgive someone who has the odd party and can except there will be a bit of noise , anyway I am sitting in my living room and can clearly hear them talking , when one says " lets turn the music up and annoy the man next door"

That was my cue to finally flip , I shot round there and kicked her back door open and screamed she is already annoying the man next door , one of the dogs legged in out on to the road to which she started saying it might get run over , to which I replied I ******* hope so .

Anyway , I ended up reporting the dogs to the council and within two weeks she had moved out !!

Why is it always ugly lesbians>? never,, i lived next door to a cracking pair.....

:)

the correct terminology is "smash her back door in"

door_smashed.jpg

Edited by artschool

Sadly me and the Mrs moved into our first place which we are still in, it's in a nice area and all looked good, we are the end if a terrace!

We found the bloke next door to be a complete pig and completely irrational and unreasonable, so now we only speak to his mrs.

On the other side we had a chap who was rarely there but when he was he had nun cucks and samurai sword that he would attack plastic shop manicins with but dressed only in his boxers in his back garden ! He moved out and a taxi driver has moved in who doesn't speak to anyone but his mrs keeps parking in other people's spaces !

Then 2 doors up we have a young girl ho and her chavy boyfriend and a baby. They park all over the place too, and leave over flowing bins out and rubbish everywhere,she doesn't let her cats in very offen not feed them so they are always about scaving food and crying to be let in late at night and now they have a lab puppy that they keep leaving in the backgarden cring it's heart out !

It all looked so promising at first, now we can't wait to get out after some of the experiences we have had and the things we have to do now just for a quiet life !

oh its not just me that has them then,

we have some next door to us shall i say without being racial ( Indian origin) that own their house, mine is rented.

they decided to have drive done and lowered kerb etc, we kept getting notes posted through door asking us to contribute towards have a small retention wall build.

as they could not be bothered to speak to us in the normal way we decided not to play postie and left it.

one day i came home to to builders standing on our front garden digging footings for this wall with all the spoils on our lawn plus all my partners now dug up plants and they had dug 1ft into my landlords land.

so i phone call to landlord who was out light a shot who in no uncertain terms put them in their place and said you have to replace all damaged flowers etc.

ever since that episode we have had constant banging on wall, slamming of doors, holes in fence ( done by their kids with football) this i have evidence of on ctv which clearly shows the father pointing at the fence, instructing kids to kick ball that way,

their tv Arial came down smashing into my newly fitted digi arial causing me loss of picture for a month as they would not sort it.

i have had noise people out and their attitude was turn my telly up

had wooden top police out re tv arial who said they would talk to them ..... that was it. second call out this time with proper bobby who they could have a word with them, when i suggested / hinted i will sort it , they said we suggest you don't.

what a waste of time that was i thought.

i think they were scarred of the racial bit being thrown at them.

i even had one of the families relatives threaten me on my door step, which i did take him up on his kind offer but he backed down as far as the public footpath...... he ended up with a caution! so he stays clear of me now.

any body want them

Edited by djgeoff

Sounds like I have it relatively easy compared to some of you!

I live in a mid terrace, one side is a single mum with 4 kids - fairly quiet most of the time, sometimes hear screaming matches going on through the wall but not very often. She's not a single mum through choice (husband died some years ago) so i'm more than happy to forgive the occasional indescressions that occur from their side.

Other side is like a 3rd world zoo! Their back garden is almost entirely wooden shed type structures filled with various animals including a few ill cats that cry a fair amount - so would I if trapped in a shed! They also have a few stupid yappy westy type things that yap to go out then yap to come in.

The thing that amazes me the most is that once or twice a year they get a skip put on their driveway and over fill it every time. I've lived their nearly 8 years now so something like 8-12 skips full of **** have come out of that house in the time! it doesn't make them bad neighbours but makes me wonder what their house looks like on the inside!

I used to live with 3 mates (renting rooms off me) and as we all had a car they couldn't all be fitted on the drive way. One guy used to park his metro (big car that...) alongside the pavement between our houses. One morning on the way to work i was accosted by the fat tramp from next door and told that i should expect a letter from her solicitor demanding i pay for a new tyre for her car due to the damage it had sustained because she had to back onto the opposite pavement in order to get off her drive in the morning. To which i laughed and said good luck with that I'll look forward to reading it! Suffice to say nothing came from it, assume she was trying to vent her frustration at where the car was being parked. Personally think a better approach would have been to just mention it. I'm aware peoples parking can often be somewhat irksome to neighbours, threats rarely result in an easy resolution to a situation! She's now taken to just glaring at me, her husband however seems fine, have the occasionalt chat, don't know how he puts up with her!

Luckily enough I've got great neighbours a copper next door(semi detached) , and a young couple on the other side, the copper used to leave his bins on the front(he does have access to the back of the house) any way he goes on holiday and asks if I can put the bins on the road on collection day. I does this and when emptied I put them round the back. He says thanks for the bins mate , how come they are round the back, I replies coz it looks like step toes bleddy yard, that's why we have access down the side of the house ha ha( joking but serious like) any way now the bins are put round the back like the rest of the street , you've just gotta know how to deal with people,

Atb

Flynny

having a problem with the noisy **** next door at the moment. Doors slamming, stamping up and down the stairs and loud music in the afternoons. Current issue seems to be with cooking and the smoke alarm has gone off 15 times in the last week and already 4 times this afternoon.

I'm thinking of pinning some cookery advice to their door along the lines of "when it's brown it's cooked, when it's black it's ******..."

I've never had any neighbours as bad as some of the ones mentioned above! But when I was younger me and my mother lived by an interesting couple. We lived in quite a tidy estate which had a big green in the middle for kids to play on. For some reason the woman of the house over the way couldn't stand kids playing football there even though David Beckham would struggle to get a ball from the green to their garden - a kid had no chance! She was worried we'd damage ger car? Her husband was a complete wimp and did as he was told - he used to come out and half heartedly shout at us on a regular basis but you could tell he didn't see the issue. Then one day the woman came out and stabbed our ball...

Some time later we tied a length of rope to the towbar of her car, coiled it up underneath and then tied the other end to her fence and covered the offending item with leaves. She pulled off of the drive to go to work the next morning, got twenty odd meters up the road and ripped the whole section of fence down! Her face was a picture I can tell you - she actually cried! Then a week later we filled a salad bag with cow ****, put some newspaper on the top then lit it on her doorstep and rang the bell. Sadly it was her old man who came out in his dressing gown and slippers to stamp it out, but oh how we laughed!

So neighbours from hell - I'm not sure whether that description fits her or me? It was well worth the price of a football to give us the excuse to dish out some payback though! I'd say five years of near daily tellings off were more than enough reason to give her something in return.

We've had all sorts of problems with my neighbours, everything from the usual anti social behavior to coming round our house and smashing stuff up, various threats towards my dad, calling him a pedo because he ran the scout pack for a few years etc etc. They quitened down after my dad died but they seem to be pushing their luck again!

The one that topped it all off for me was when the father threatened to shoot my dog! just because his kids climbed into my garden and it barked at them!