thepasty

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Dave779 said:

Mine is a 1980 Police/Wingmaster model as confirmed by Remington with the serial number, however some kind person has put woodwork on made from a Walnut Crotch apparently. Do you know the difference between the Police model back then compared to a Wingmaster please ?

210826205753670-1-680x410-c.jpg

210826205753670-3-330x198-c.jpg

Hi Dave the police had the 18inch or 20inch plain  cylinder barrel and the corn cob forend.Mine was originally 20inch according to Remington.The standard wingmasters had 26inch onwards vented barrels and standard forend.Also checkering on the stock and forend that the police never had.The older police 80s models like ours had wingmaster stamped on the receiver but the late 80s ones was stamped police and had 3inch chambers.

Edited by Green hornet

7 hours ago, Green hornet said:

Hi Dave the police had the 18inch or 20inch plain  cylinder barrel and the corn cob forend.Mine was originally 20inch according to Remington.The standard wingmasters had 26inch onwards vented barrels and standard forend.Also checkering on the stock and forend that the police never had.The older police 80s models like ours had wingmaster stamped on the receiver but the late 80s ones was stamped police and had 3inch chambers.

Thanks for that, mine has a 1975 26" imp cylinder choke barrel that someone replaced for UK use.

• 2 weeks later...

Another joins the family! Thanks Henry!

This Nice condition, unmolested, 1960 example is my second 'sweet 16', 16 gauge model 37. Originally a 24" improved cylinder (as manufactured) it sports a factory fitted 'deluxe Poly Choke/ compensator' which seems to have been a popular modification on 16 gauge guns back then, this adds 3" to the barrel length Nicely figured, undamaged wood under much aged and dark finish, I think this one will restore very nicely, thank you! Only downs are one slightly chewed screw head and a missing butt plate, but hey, I have to have something to do! A complete component level strip down is on the cards over the next few days and will hopefully reveal internals as good as the outside, it certainly feels good, slick as all its siblings are and this is one of my favourite gauges for clays and the odd pigeons

376033186_new16(1).JPG.16e59d9753a34c1bf55516fbc443ec1a.JPG

Almost 62 years old and solid as the day it left the factory, I do love these guns!

Edited by impala59

On 22/11/2021 at 16:32, impala59 said:

After posting my ambidextrous safety catch on the DIY thread, it occurred to me that I had not posted my Deerslayer on the pump club;

DS.JPG.f8d35f11c693716894ae11682ba2a3ea.JPG

Love this gun! another coming soon watch this space!

That looks good!

No problem Roland! It's a lovely honest gun but sadly for me I need the space. I like that Ithaca went to the trouble to make a smaller receiver, rather than just sticking a smaller barrel on a 12 bore receiver, which happens with so many modern over and unders. I love that there is a 'slug' setting on the poly choke! 

No plastic in sight on these guns, just milled and forged steel and wood!