Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive that after the jibes and banter I got when I got the pump out of its slip, that I wouldn't be able to hit a barn door with it! Let alone some report and sim pairs!

Was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got used to it really having only ever used my OU in the past. Getting a straight 6 on the high tower was the best bit for me! ;-)

Glad that other people find the same for clays. LONG LIVE PUMP! Haha!

Perhaps you should use it for pheasants!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

I forgot to post up a pic of my SXP when I got it so here it is...I kinda wish I held off for a few weeks though as now the place where I got it has the field hunter version in with the wood stock and fore-end which I prefer the look of for only an extra £20.00

3pna.jpg

I forgot to post up a pic of my SXP when I got it so here it is...I kinda wish I held off for a few weeks though as now the place where I got it has the field hunter version in with the wood stock and fore-end which I prefer the look of for only an extra £20.00

3pna.jpg

If its going to bother you every time you look at it, swallow the cost and swap it for the wood version. Nothing beats the plastic stocks for really hard use in poor conditions, but wood sure feels nicer in the hand. :blush:

they're some pricey gloves!

I do agree they are pricey, I really don’t spend much on shooting clothing as I stick with army surplus clothing as I feel it does the job. The reason I am happy to spend the money on Macwets is that I looked for gloves that fit like they do for years. I can even load my break barrel airgun while wearing them with no problems.

Anyway, if you are going to the British shooting show then I am sure you can try a pair on at their stand, Bob will sort you out.

Ed

Hi everyone

Just returing to shooting after a few years away. Considering a supernova as have become a tight **** inmy old age (wrong side of 30). I just cant seem to justify the cost of a quality over under dont care about walnut grain or etching done by machine. Just want something that keeps on working dayin day out. Who uses pumps as their primary gun for fun clays / rough?

Not as a primary gun for all my rough shooting as I still like carrying a SBS, but I use a pump for all my pigeon shooting now. I have no problem taking a pump clay shooting either. The pump is very common as a one gun arsenal in the states that hunts birds, deer and clays. No reason you couldn't do all your rough shooting and clays with one here.

Well my fac should be here in the next couple of weeks and I'll be shopping for a pumper again. I had to take a sabbatical from "the club" when I sold my old Mossberg 500 in anticipation of being able to buy a section 1 pump action.

What's around that's going to be inexpensive and high capacity (10 ish shot). The revo field looks mighty cheap for a new gun but are mag extensions available?