how was the shooting show?

contrysports

very poor set up very poor 7 pound for a breakfast that would not feed a small child got there at 8 set out of house at 6 30 with priortiy parking what a joke same place as every body ekse

got a cheap flapper and some decoy shells and some ferret nets and my mate got a nice 12g but not a patch on newark set out poor will not go again after going every year

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stayed near by last night, got there early, advanced purchase parking passes didn't mean anything. Took about 25 minutes to get parked - that truly was a shambles. Parking marshals were no use. Got in the doors easily after quite a walk from the car. All the halls were pretty busy but manageable. We managed to buy a few of the things we went for; very very pleased we were not after guns as that was just a crush with too few assistants and not enough space. Browning's stand was very helpful; got a couple of pairs of shooting glasses ordered at a good price and thought I'd give a Hamilton Slip Stand a try. So for us the visit was OK. Arriving early was the key. Towards the end of the afternoon we decided to find the Clay Zone to have a shot! Bloody miles away from halls and parking with terrible signage so decided we would have a go tomorrow.

Glutens for punishment, but we won't stay too long tomorrow but weather permitting we will break a few clays before we hit the road.

Good Luck for those coming tomorrow - START EARLY! I doubt that we would bother again, just stick to the CLA if it runs and the Midland show with hopefully the better weather.

Reading this in my hotel room nearby. I think everyone should boycott tomorrow then I can have the place to myself, being followed by a mobile coffee station and everyone throwing bargains at me LOL.

Truth is, reading these descriptions, i'm probably going to regret going and spend 6 hours getting home in the snow!

Anyway.......It's a day out.

Travelled down from W Yorks leaving home at 7, got there & parked for 9.30.

Had to queue for 15 mins to get in Car Park but once in was a 5 minute walk into show.

The show did get rammed by lunchtime & bargains few & far between.

Most of the gun dealers just had normal prices as per their shop, no special deals in general except on guns costing several thousands £££

Won't bother going again to this location or quite possibly the show in general.

Overall very disappointed.

That so called sport has nothing whatsoever to do with shooting and sporting shooting needs to distance itself from it. Dressed up like a they are about to be deployed in middle east :lol::rolleyes:

yea, what was that all about, possibly ...... they can only play with toy guns as there not able to be granted SG or FAC ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was showing an ex military, now private security chap round the airsoft bit, he wanted to buy some airsoft Glock 17's for his team to do practice drills with with whilst in the UK (cheaper than Deact's).

He couldn't get his head round that he can't buy an airsoft due to the VCRA & no valid defence for UKARA but he's got his own FAC,a club FAC, SGC & a glock over in the Isle of Man. :/

We went to the show and like everyone else found it way too crowded and the organisers def could not organise a P Up in a brewery.

But on a positive note the huge amount of people who turned up proves that shooting is not some minority interest that can be ignored, there is power in numbers and we should remember that as most people shoot alone or in small groups, and don't see the big picture. Shooting IS huge, think of the billion pounds industry it supports, possibly a dozen magazines, books etc.

I enjoyed it yesterday, however I do agree with all the previous comments about the organisation(or lack of). I got there early, but no one has mentioned getting out - for me it was not good, no marshals to direct you and no signs, I found my way out but more by luck than judgement. One thing i did note was the food was pretty bad - even for a show like this.

Show was good I expected to be waiting to get in etc . Some bargains & some really good stuff intill the price came out looked at the eyemaster stand wow it worked then came the shock show price of .......£600 . Monkey loader good idear perfect for in the hide show price of ...£90 where do they get these prices from ???

Shame we never get any input from the chumps who did organise this kind of farce.

Sounds like it was done on a shoestring and now they'll be walking away with a nice big wad of cash whilst most of their customers will just be left disappointed.

I'll be spending the £50+ it would have cost elsewhere. The whole thing sounds like a nightmare.

I went Sat, the only moan i have is the price of the so called food.

But i have not read a comment over the last few years that has not brought up that topic with regards to the so called food vans from these type of shows, so me personaly i expect to be ripped off, if, that is i choose to buy from them, which incedently i dont.

It was crowded yes, but that just goes to show what a strong following your sport and mine has. For those that moan and winge about the amount of people, then how about seeing if the show organisers will let you have exclusive accsess for a day before the doors are open to the rest of us peasants, as it sounds like your making out you actually deserve that right.

All shooting related gear on show under one roof, people to actually chat to face to face, (not over www) for a change, pick brains from people who are actually using gear i am interested in buying. Not a sales rep who tells me its the dogs danglies, reading peoples faces,ie; sussing out the BS from the reallity. something that you cant do over the www.

Bargains !!! yes i saved my entrance fee on a few buys which i needed so apart from the dog that tripped me up, yes i had a good days.

Thanks for asking

dougy

its good that the sport has a good following but if you are paying to go somewhere to look at products then surely that person would expect to be able to see said products, there were points around the show where people were at a standstill, no one being able to move, how many people would of got hurt if something happened and there was a rush to get out?? maybe it would of been better to buy tickets for specific days, limiting the amount per day?

Thought this was a great idea, but the price was ridiculous.

I suspect the old girl selling it felt £90 was a

steal though.

If it sold for £25 they'd have sold shed loads of them.

Both me and my mate were hooked up intill the point she said the price I was expecting £29.99

Edited by hcarlos

its good that the sport has a good following but if you are paying to go somewhere to look at products then surely that person would expect to be able to see said products, there were points around the show where people were at a standstill, no one being able to move, how many people would of got hurt if something happened and there was a rush to get out?? maybe it would of been better to buy tickets for specific days, limiting the amount per day?

a good idea re limiting the numbers,

It would of been easier for me to get to some of the stands without the need to be patient. If there were that amount of folk on one stand i walked around looking at others i could get to, then returned later when i could get to the stall.

I went yesterday and posted what i thought earlier, i didn't mention the air soft bit as i thought it might have stirred up something, but oh dear what is that all about, i thought i had walked into a war zone, fully kitted out storm troopers wearing cammo, side arms, et al, each to their own and all that but how very sad. :no:

Does anyone know who organises the show ?

These people - they have a feedback/email section on the shows website - i have just left some constructive points, if we all have points to make then we might as well go straight to the organisers. The address is as follows:-

Vantage Events Management Ltd

18 Abbey Road

Grimsby

DN32-0HW

England. UK

The British Shooting & Countryman Show is a trading name of - Vantage Events Management Limited. For company details and registered office please email info@shownews.co.uk or telephone

01472 241439.

Telephone +44 (0) 1472 241439

Facsimlie +44 (0) 1472 251399

Email - info@shownews.co.uk

Guest topshot_2k

I just don't get the point in going through all this just to look at (or not look at by the sounds it) some sort of shooting shopping mall :/

because you

1. Get to see/feel/buy the products in real life, rather than being limited to what local shooting shop has

2. Get to speak to various people in the know about products rather than wading through the **** posted on the internet

3. Bargains to be had on a fair few things and no hassle of postage costs/waiting for delivery

4. Its a day out on a wet february weekend

Get there early, get around and leave early, you get to see/buy stuff and beat the crowds that form after lunch :good:

I was going to buy some wellies but decided against going and ordered on the bay instead. Would have had a 200 mile round journey, plus fuel and entry cost. Glad I did not go and with the weather today parking must be awful.went in the late nineties and I think from memory it was ok?mind you memories not what it used to be