how was the shooting show?

contrysports

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think the shooting community need to distance themselves as far from this lot as possible !

The airsoft kinder garden kids that is !

Totally agree what sort of impression do they give to an outsider ,ie non shooter who sees all guns as being the same ,lets get well away from this lot !

I spoke to the organiser ( John) re some problems and he was busy sorting out some issues and he wants feedback as its the first year at a new venue and he assured me they will make whatever improvements are needed. I was running the SACS stand and it was our first year there but I will keep in touch with John Bertrand and mke sure all the points you are all making will be addressed. I will say being in at the start of quite a few new fairs/shows etc I know there are always teething troubles and things that run like clockwork at one venue just do'nt work at another. Hey Ho onwards and upwards and nice meeting some of the PW members :yahoo: .

Me too.

Me and the misses went Sunday morning, got their about 10 ish, parked up in the somme, found way in and had quite a good day.

Picked up a few top bits of decoy kit at nice prices got ripped off with **** food but all in all not a bad day.

For reference better parking surfaces and more room inside is a must. I am well pleased we didnt go on Saturday else my gurt would have bit my ears off from others have said.

HB

The disappointment I had was not meeting any other PW members other than the ones I had arranged to see. There were very few PW badges about.

Next year PW ought to consider sharing a stand with some of the pigeon shooting merchandise selling businesses. I would gladly give some time for the manning of such a stand.

The disappointment I had was not meeting any other PW members other than the ones I had arranged to see. There were very few PW badges about.

Next year PW ought to consider sharing a stand with some of the pigeon shooting merchandise selling businesses. I would gladly give some time for the manning of such a stand.

Well worth it...meeting Jdog for 17.50 British pound....no dance tho.....lol

Totally agree what sort of impression do they give to an outsider ,ie non shooter who sees all guns as being the same ,lets get well away from this lot !

To my mind they are adults pretending to shoot people! Dangerous thought pattern there,definitely need to be dumped from

anything connected with sporting shooting!They do not belong amongst us !

Got to agree with with the comments:

• Can't see the relevance or need to have people shooting at each other, this has nothing to do with our field and target shooting sports. And gives completely the wrong signals to visiting non shooters - supporting the stereo type;
  • Great shame there wasn't a more formal meet-up arranged by PW members. I guess there were a lot of us about. I was wearing my PW pin but didn't see any others about. I met Tam (vulpicide) shivering on the SACS stand with his mean machine, we had quite a chat but I think it was an opportunity missed in general.

A lesson to be learnt for the future :rolleyes:

i had to have a double take ,guy with a glock 9mm in a shoulder holster walked past me then a chap with a mp5 then i saw there name badges some airsoft brigade ,,,looked a bit worrying really but everyone to there own but i dont see airsoft having anything to do with fieldsports but i suppose its called the shooting show so if it shoots it has a place

Bought advanced tickets,got to venue at 0730 there was no advanced ticket signage , the stewards didnt have a clue what they were doing . venue was far to small

if there was an emergency it would have been a stampede!! Hopefully the organisers will read our comments and rectify for next years show.Maybe they could varie the

location every year as it would give much needed revenue to other local bussisness,i know that it is a central location however they need to think about the customers

who travel from the north and south west .However bought the HW100 KS and chuffed to bits with it.

Spent at least an hour looking for my PW badge on Sat night! Couldn't find it so I guess it must have been nicked the last time I wore it.....you know how covetous they are!!! That's why you didn't see mine but then, I didn't see anyone elses on the Sunday either.

We got there early and left early with no probs at either end of the day although the Saturday lot had bought all the 20 bore

bargains! Most of our gang got what they wanted at reasonable prices and we enjoyed it in general. We'll probably go again next year.

My cousin is really into airsoft and I know he was at the show. The money they spend on their kit is amazing, and some of the stuff they do is a bit OTT.

One reason it gets such a big following is that there are plenty of ex military involved, taking part.

I wouldn't bit at all suprised if a lot of the high end stuff especially the night vison is ex military.