How do you motivate yourself for work in the morning ?

Daks

Money thats what motivates me plain and simple. Being a bin man, im up before the crows most mornings and all i get is **** off the public most days. But although it may not be the perfect job, i love my pay on the 15th of every month.

And the fact i can look people in the eye and say im paying my way is always a great feeling.

DD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I motivate myself by thinking that in less than two hours I'll be lining 75 tons of aircraft up on the runway, I'll set the thrust levers up to 50% N1 to stabilise them then quickly set Flex or Take off thrust, feel myself being pushed into my seat as we accelerate. Then we rotate, get the gear up, have a cheeky look at poor fellows stuck in traffic on the motorway, climb through the overcast, engage the autopilot, take a sip of coffee and look out the window at the dawn.

Works for me ;)

Edited by Laird Lugton

suppose it depends on the job, I am in to my 38th year and have never found it hard to get up to go, in fact I went in for 12 hours on sat when I didn't need to, one thing I will never let go is the fact I am grateful for the what my job has given me, a fact sadly lost by those who think everything and everyone owes them a living.

KW

I concur, find this attitude all the time. However it's not helped by senior management asking for wage restraint whilst receiving massive bonuses.

What makes me get out of bed really is the fact that I wake up automatic like at 5am ish and my first thought is the dog hasn't been out since last night so it's off for a quick walk before he has breakfast and I get a brew before I go for a swim every morning mon-fri then dog gets a proper run before work, well I say work it's very social and quite well paid and we are well looked after

If you work for someone then you do not want to loose your job if you work for yourself you think about the money that you are going to get and what you could do with it or what you will not be able to do if you stay in bed like pay the bills.

I wish that I had some get up and go I could never have made a living working for myself I'm just to lazy I have always needed to think that if I am late I will be asked why when I have no excuses sad but all to true.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

My motivation isnt great when the weather is wet and windy, but the way i look at it is, i couldnt do half the things i do without going to work. Money motivates me, although i love my job too (bricklayer/stonemason). I think everybody gets sluggish at some point in there working life.

An old bloke once told me that "what you do, is a big part of who you are" and to a point he was right.

My motivation isnt great when the weather is wet and windy, but the way i look at it is, i couldnt do half the things i do without going to work. Money motivates me, although i love my job too (bricklayer/stonemason). I think everybody gets sluggish at some point in there working life.

An old bloke once told me that "what you do, is a big part of who you are" and to a point he was right.

That saying it quite rite it made me think of the old welsh thing Jones the post Jones the Butcher Jones the Bread and if you think about it what is one of the first questions that we ask someone that we do not now what do you do for a living if you can say I'm a brain surgeon straight away people will look up to you but if you say I drive a dust cart nothing wrong with doing that but it puts you way down the pecking order.

I think about payday on Fridays. Other than that I work to live.

Similar. Been doing it for 25 years now and utterly bored with it. Hate going to work, don't mind it when I get there, relieved to get home! I would really like to change job and doing something worthwhile, but my outgoings require a certain level of remuneration that I'm not going to get from a trainee-ship.

Not really sure what to do about it at the moment, may have to do something like a OU course to put the ball in motion, but the thought of being a plumber/gas engineer for another 20 years or so is really unappealing! :-(

Edited by -Mongrel-