a few on the drillings

blade

Went for a ride round yesterday booked half day off .Not much showing on the rape but came across a field that had broadcast wheat done a couple of days ago.Was a few showing an interest and a definate flight line so i thought il have a bash.

Only one problem there is a primary school backs on to the field in the far corner about 250yds from were i wanted to set up not in direct line of fire.So gave farmer a ring got the go ahead then went to the school just to let them know what i was doing.They was fine with it so set up and had pigeons from the off all was going well then it happened.Hit a pigeon head shot one of those that fly straight up then crash to the ground.Well this on spiraled really high heading for the school i was panic stricken didnt now were it would land and the kids were on play time.Then its wings folded and swooped down straight in the middle of the play ground stone dead.I was hoping no one had seen it but then 10 mins later got a text from farmer

it read peter dead pigeon just landed in play ground best avoid shooting between 12 and 13.15 when there on break.So sent my apologies to farmer then googled the school number and rang them.The receptionist very helpfull and even laughed about the whole incident saying the kids thought it was rainning pigeons.I know it could have been worse but luckily no one was hurt or distressed.Think probably we have all had one of those pigeons that you know is going to drop but not sure were.Well ended the day with 75 pigeons 3 crows and 2 jackdaws would of had more but stopped for 40 mins whils the mums picked kids up

IMG_0727.jpg

Great result, cracking bag Blade :good: I can just imagine your horror with that pigeon. You can bet if there's one place you don't want a bird to fall within 300yds, that will be the place it chooses, why is that :lol: And well done on the diplomatic communications :good:

well done fella, had to laugh about the pigeon dropping in the play ground :lol: , well done on ringing school when little accidents like this happen it can be as simple as a call to keep the peace and insure the farmer and surrounding people are happy, and hopeful more good days :good: