Another fatal dog attack

fenboy

No Fenboy-large dogs are well known for their ability to sit down and enter into a rational dialogue when a stranger enters their property-their ability to reason with a potential adversary is well documented in the press frequently.Some of the newer breeds are being taught to arm wrestle any human that threatens their,or their owners,property.Apologies for posting the daftest statement yet-no-one told me that you had the monopoly.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their just dogs woth muscles,some collies far bigger then a proper staffie and you would have just as much trouble if a dog wants to harm your in trouble regardless of breed,and like said previously most attacks on children so size doesn't come in to it,temprament does whis staffies are know for being great with children

On that analogy if a man without access to firearms looses his temper he could probably be neutralised without too much trouble, but one with a gun injuries would be far worse??

There are two, now dead Staffs, that weren't that great with children.

Breed type details given by the Police who attended this tragic incident.

Clearly I don't have the monopoly because you are beating me hands down.

So are we going to see the owners taking the police to court for killing the dogs just because "they were doing their job" .

There must be lots of disappointed owners out there who brought them to kill anyone who had the nerve to pop around for a cup of sugar but instead the dog acts friendly..

Perhaps if it was a bull that visited your argument might stand up

I am sure the words sorry but the dog was "just doing its job " will be of great comfort to the poor girls parents.

There are two, now dead Staffs, that weren't that great with children.

Breed type details given by the Police who attended this tragic incident.

There are several dead people around the country due to people with legally held shoutguns?i am not say every single staffie is great but there natural temprament is being great with children,

Is it now being suggested that the owners of the dogs that killed the girl won't face prosecution?

If that decision is based on the fact that the girl was in the house doesn't it beg the question of how? She was either given a key to let herself in or she got in through an unlocked door or window?

The poor girl is dead and I shudder to think at the horror she must have faced being killed by a pack of dogs in a confined space like that! All too easy to forget the actualities of the situation isn't it?

On the other hand if somebody breaks into your house with the intent of robbing you and injures themselves in the process they seem able to sue the house owner?

They are toerags like the owner of the killer dogs, they have a braindead mentality, the scum. tis all they are worthless scum,

ATB

Flyynny

What is really sickening is the attitude of some people(and I use the term very loosely)on that glorious social network site Farcebook.

And I quote "At least the Old Bill will have had some target practice"

What on earth goes through peoples heads? :no:

Is it now being suggested that the owners of the dogs that killed the girl won't face prosecution?

If that decision is based on the fact that the girl was in the house doesn't it beg the question of how? She was either given a key to let herself in or she got in through an unlocked door or window?

The poor girl is dead and I shudder to think at the horror she must have faced being killed by a pack of dogs in a confined space like that! All too easy to forget the actualities of the situation isn't it?

On the other hand if somebody breaks into your house with the intent of robbing you and injures themselves in the process they seem able to sue the house owner?

That is right, the dogs were not banned breeds or in a public place, hence no laws were broken.

According to a police statement on Radio 4's PM yesterday afternoon, the girl had stayed at the house the night before, had done so previouly and was a friend of the family, so would have known and be known to the dogs. It appears that they wanted the meat pie she had and killed her for it.

Edited by Penelope

My cocker would have also liked a meat pie, the difference is that her temperament, along with most other cockers, is very different from a terrier's, let alone a large powerful terrier that was bred to be a go-getting, aggressive dog. I agree that all dogs can be dangerous and that the majority of people that shouldn't have dogs own staffs, but there is still the fact that large powerful terriers will cause the most severe injuries to people.

I don't for one minute think those dogs attacked her for the meat pie.

The probability is they were attracted by the pie and a fight broke out amongst the dogs with the young girl caught up in the middle of it.

yup thats my thinking and in the middle of it their instinct to kill crept in and due to their size they did. Its a tragic story they weren't exercised properly or trained and living as a pack in a small house. All recipes for disaster, the owner was lucky the dog laws don't appear to be broken unless it gets decided there were banned breeds present.

That is right, the dogs were not banned breeds or in a public place, hence no laws were broken.

According to a police statement on Radio 4's PM yesterday afternoon, the girl had stayed at the house the night before, had done so previouly and was a friend of the family, so would have known and be known to the dogs. It appears that they wanted the meat pie she had and killed her for it.

Thats correct, if it was in scotland then a prosecution would be possible, perhaps the law should be changed in england , after all not everyone visiting private property is doing so to rob you and they deserve the protection of the law.

It is being changed at the moment with the downside you may become responsible if your dog takes on a burglar. Thats a slight concern I know mine is absolutely fine with anyone in the house or who visits but if anyone comes round the side of the house at night all hell breaks loose, something I'm not sure i want to stop her doing. Though she is mostly all mouth and no trousers so to speak I wouldn't trust her if she was on her own and a stranger broke in.

There is a few statements about 'Pack' mentality, i have 6 dogs, but myself, partner and son can walk around the house with any sort of food, and the worst case is a wet floor due to the dogs drooling. Not all dogs that live together will fight for food.<br /><br />Its obvious that the dogs that killed the young girl, were not the best trained/exercised, but as has been said, change the Staff/Mastiff to Cocker/Ess and would you of had the same outcome.<br /><br />And as i have said before, im not anti breed of any dog, but there is a worrying trend at the moment.

I have removed a number of inappropriate posts from this topic, please keep things on topic and bear in mind the context of the thread when replying or this thread will be removed.

I don't envy you guys the job of moderating, particularly when emotive topics rear up so apologies if anything I've written has caused you aggravation.

Personally I do still very strongly believe that it is disgraceful that the owner of dogs, whatever their breed, should get off without prosecution when the girl who was killed was in the house by invitation and not a burglar.

None of us know for sure yet whether that will be the case but at the very least they should be banned for life from owning dogs.

I got friends with Staffie's that r as dull a dish water, and their are lads living around me that got them for a reason,Ive heard them saying about their dog killing this cat, their dog killing this dog etc,, 99% of the time it is the owner, in my books anyway,

I took too jack Russel's for a walk a few months back at a local park near me, after having their run i put them on the leads to take them back to car in the park i go around the corner only to have 4 of the biggest rottweilers and an even bigger rottweiler cross running towards me, needles to say i nearly **** my pants,, its ok the owner shouted they wont hurt them ?,, its my job to rehabilitate aggressive dogs he said , , and you know what they were good as gold with my dogs.Phew.

Edited by whitey10765666

I've bred at lot of dogs and the pack mentality is there from birth.

A litter of pups will turn on a litter mate if it is in distress and yelping showing a sign of weakness. Only my thoughts but the dogs in question were fighting over the pie the girl was possibly bitten, started to screem and the dogs turned on her. The size of the dogs and amount of training are obviously issues which contributed to this terrible tragedy .

my tuppence worth; its the breeds fault - but ONLY because this breed has the unfortunate ability to attact scumbag halfwit chav owners who just want them to strut around sink estates thinking they are 'looking hard'.

take a drive round any dump area and you will see these dogs and dimwit owners, its why rescue centres are full of them.

real shame for the breed. once again, a small minority of halfwits create most of the problems in our society.

What, like drive to Vegas, smoke a cigar and see the dancing girls ? Dogs want structure and direction.

'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'

the ignorance is yours you make light of your reply rather than recognizing that a dog is just that a dog, some not all will turn and harm, however all do have that capability its just the degree of that harm is greater with some dogs, IE with a dog bred for strength and its biting ability, I have a good mate who thought like you, IE I can control my dog,(a rottie) my dog is a good dog blah blah blah, his thoughts were changed when his good well controlled dog woke up one day in a bad mood, and decided it wanted to put him in hospital having his muscle and nerve damage limited, had it been my mates wife the dog decided to take its mood out on she most likely would have been killed, still its the owners eh? still as you tried to make out ignorance is bliss, but the refusal to see is criminal

KW

Edited by kdubya

I remember being at a friends house who had a staffie, it was friendly until I picked up a broomstick. Hell I thought it was gonna have my head off. I dont need to read Newspapers to hear about these dogs I see it with my own eyes, they maybe great with children but what about other dogs out in the park? Any consideration for other dog owners who may treat there dog as one of the family but then to see it being ravaged by a staffie?

Its happened to me and my dog too many times and thats why I dont trust one Staffie anywhere near me or my dog and I now put on steel toe caps while walking my dog in case I need to use them against them, luckily have not done so yet.

Also you really think these Chavs who get staffies get them because they are great with children? Nah think again. The good owners are becoming less and less these days and its about time something is done about it. But saying that the scum will probably move onto bigger breeds like Akita's and Rottweilers.

I know sometimes dog attacks are the owners fault but not always as some posts seem to suggest i only know 2 people that have staffs one is a lovely dog it is as soft as butter but the other person my wife's friend no longer has it now as it for no reason attacked her other dog then her nearly taking 2 of her fingers off her right hand. She had to have plastic surgery and other stitches on her arms. Luckily her husband was there and he managed to stop it from doing any more damage. Needless to say they no longer have it as she is pregnant. I think sometimes a dog can just go nuts the same as some people can and some breeds of dog can do alot more damage than others the same as some people can do more than others.both people i have mentioned are good people and not hoodie chavs who have these dogs as a status symbol by the way.

Edited by shootnfish

Pretty heated debate going on here, i'm a dog owner for a long time,had three boxers now, in my experience a loving family dog, great with the kids, very boisterous but harmless. When we go out she's let loose, when other people are about she comes to heel. sometimes she's too friendly with other dogs and some of them take it the wrong way, so she's put on the lead. But i'm fed up to the back teeth when some ....... oik with his staff/ weapon thinks it's funny when his 'pet' has a go at any other dog.

Dogs are animals. Animals are unpredictable, end of.

All examples of why it's always the owners fault are flawed because of this basic premise.

Nobody - ever - can 100% predict the behaviour of an animal any more than they can predict the behaviour of a human.

All the rest is just piffle.