Which wellies, warm comfortable!

THE GRIFF

Farmers also go through pairs a lot faster, decent wellies are more like walking boots and actually you won't see a farmer here not wearing le cham's when out shooting. Their day job doesn't entail much walking and that's where decent boots win. Today mine will do 3 miles with the dog and then a full day of fox drives so another 6 or 7 doing that in cheap boots just isn't fun. I could wear walking boots and gaiters but they are a faff.

I'm not saying you have to spend loads as I have had a fair few far cheaper boots but the john Norris seelands I bought as a spare pair I've destroyed in a year of hardly wearing them. Beating is hard on boots and dog walking tends to kill walking boots because most of winter mine don't dry out.

Read the post properly he wears them for 3-4 miles every day walking the dogs. You don't see sheep or cattle farmers spending money because they are tight as duck's *****

Geordie

Read the post he was talking about "willies" :)

Aigle Parcours bought in Uttings sale for £60 great boots!

Edited by Lampwick

fair point but they don't seem to mind spending mega bucks on things that really matter. Posh wellies are fashion items IMO and experience the dearer the weaker. One thing I can say 100% is Farmers don't give a stuff about looking affluent or in fashion and wear theirs every single day. I have a pair of Le-Chams here with a leak at the heel a pair of neo hunters with a leak around the fold line out of interest

Most of the farmers I know dont care about fasion either, but they are fed up buying a pair of boots every month because they fail some how or another, so they wear decent boots that last......

aigle parcours for me. I was brought up on a nil-bar-Hunters diet, but after finding a pair of Parcours for half price I couldn't really say no. They knock the socks of the Hunters; the soles are way better and they're so much more comfortable! Yeah, they're expensive, but they've lasted far longer than any Hunters have and have survived everything I've thrown them into! Even at full price I'd say they're worth it

+1 Far better than my previous 3 pairs of le chams

I've had dozens of pairs of £30-50 wellies including le Cham's entry level jobbies and there all rubbish, all split or worn away as I do a lot of walking when shooting. Past 1-2years I've stuck with my Meindl Burma's and gaiters which work well enough.

Mrs has just got me a pair of muck boots, I'm really pleased so far but the sole looks more of a foam than rubber so not sure how long they will last, I'm gonna try and limit them for really muddy days and use boots the rest of the time to prolong them. Thinking of getting some meindl dovre extreme or meindl kiruna gtx for next winter though.

Are Muck boots fully waterproof?

I always think they look seriously comfortable, but wondered if the neoprene looking top lets water in.

Yes, they are even though they may not look it.

However... the foam neoprene type uppers tear incredibly easily then you have a problem. If you have brambles or climb the occasional barbed wire fence you'll regret having them which is why so many people here suggest something else. Aigle Parcours for me after trying 2 pairs Muck Boots and both pairs lasting less that 3 months..