my day just keeps getting better

cocker3

Well after this mornings adventure i went day to my ed for a couple of hours but got woken up by a call from afarmer i have just started getting shooting off he told me there were thousands of pigeons on his fresh drilling and could i come and sort it out i told him i would be there in 20 minutes and sure enough there were thousands .i set up at the top of one of the fields with a big wood at my back and the wind coming over the wood giving me great shelter i had only just got the decoys out 12 in total no magnet at first .the birds just kept on coming and the shooting was fast at about 1pm i was running out of cartridges as i only had 75 left and hadnt intended going out today i nipped down to the farm and the farmer was only to happy to lend me some more shells.i was banging away when i seen an old woman with a collie dog walking up the grass park towards where i was shooting i thought oh here we go she is going to complain but she had come up to see if i would like a coffe brought up as i was working hard lol we chatted for a while and she explained that her late husband was a keen pigeo shooter i offered her some birds and she was over the moon i plucked 10 for her and said i would drop them off on the way down from the field (good deed dun for the day )at five pm the flight had all bit stopped so i packed up and spent the next hour picking up with the dogs i picked 135 plus the ten for my new pal so a total of 145 for the day NICE ! This is the second 100+ off this farm i two weeks i feel a sicky coming on for next week if the wind is still as strong

Thanks for looking

post-15459-0-03708500-1367175324_thumb.jpg

post-15459-0-48896200-1367175378_thumb.jpg

post-15459-0-25475600-1367175288_thumb.jpg

Edited by cocker3