Unwarranted tuition

I was out on the range with my dad and a few mates doin a 100 bird shoot when a "expert" took it on himself to follow us trap to trap telling us wot to do( don't get me wrong I love advice from seasoned shooters and talk all advice I can get) anyhow as we were goin round he persisted in trying to sell his shooting lessons and the final straw came when my friend who had only been twice was told by sed expert who also owns a gun shop to buy a gun and keep it on his mates liscience till he even applied for a cert not saying to him use your friends gun till you decide if you want to start up shooting. After that day Everytime we saw him just hung back and had a fag till he finished shooting and walked on,

I met your friend 2 weeks ago gave me some very average advice that was ignored but I did chuckle 2 days later when he turned up for a lesson and I was his instructor.

And yes before you ask his gun did not fit made me chuckle all day.

I love the fickle finger of fate....quality ! :lol:

I expect we have all met him, I certainly have.

"Smile and nod", is the best advice and try to keep out of his way in the future.

One word of warning, he is a master of disguise and will appear again looking like someone else. :)

ah grasshopper you have learnt much :)

I met your friend 2 weeks ago gave me some very average advice that was ignored but I did chuckle 2 days later when he turned up for a lesson and I was his instructor.

And yes before you ask his gun did not fit made me chuckle all day.

:lol: take it, he doesn't give you advice anymore? :lol:

I know such a man on the small clay shoot that I go to. He is a total pain and he does not realise just how of putting he is. A friend I know used to get the non benefit of this guys advice and did not improve one bit, now that my friend has moved to a different shooting group his performance has improved greatly.

These type of guys can really muck up a pleasant days shooting.

If he's that close behind you, just drop your arm down and tickle his balls! It can only go one of two ways, and hopefully he'll back off!!

I like it! :good::good::good:

The only time a problem comes in with this solution is if he doesn't back off and wants to share your recoil! :whistling::blush::whistling:

I just blatently ignore them , I dont even acknowledge there existance, no eye contact nowt! They usually get the message and amble off muttering to there self important little selves, To which I laugh very loudly ha ha . As said there is one in every fishing/shooting/dog club through out the world,

" IF WE WANTED YOUR ADVISE( you kow who you are) WE'D ASK FOR IT"

They are just TITS,

ATB

Flynny

Edited by flynny

I took a friend to shoot 100 clays, he was over from Australia to visit and asked about shooting and whether I would take him. I obliged and we took to the stands. Not in accustomed attire, he did attract attention from the top to toe branded professionals! Never the less we proceeded to shoot and I was helping him with the basics and we were really enjoying dispensing lead. That was until a kind gent approached and began to offer advice, which we welcomed at first. He then proceeded to follow us from stand to stand...now the word "kibitzer" spring to mind.

He put me off my shooting, he also put me off giving advice to my friend (as I was fairly green).

I felt like saying " Listen Mr, as much as I appreciate your help and recommendations my friend here is highly likely to never shoot a 12g again, we are shooting for fun. Therefore it would be great if you were to let us be".

I am not that way inclined, after all the gent was generous with his time and advice.

Think we can all relate to this. Iv got an old rough looking baikel 12g and a Webley single 410. Took the baikel first time out clay shooting with my 'awesome at clays mate' he got his 50k browning made of actual pure gold and his own loader at the side of him (sure you know the score)

Anyway, I matched him bird for bird. After I'd heard how a ou is ****, my 28g clear pigeon are ****, I need 5g of dust, all the other speil. I chuckled.

Also love it when I take the 410 to the grounds. I usually shoot skeet with it as the birds are too far for me. But it's quite funny watching people's faces when my bolt action noddy guns doing well.