Show us your Homemade NV !

mrikirkby

Watec 902h and tamron lens fitted via screw filters direct to an mtc viper and mamba light......

[/url]">http://Photo731_zpsf35b4841.jpg

Tamron lens has a 25.5mm thread for screw on filters,using a few polar filters with galss removed it's screwed direct to scope ocular via the 37mm thread on mtc scopes,also able to mount on the hawke tac 30 using an adapted lens screw on cover.

[/url]">http://STA62427_zps248f0219.jpg

Screen wires redone within a small box attached to rear screen cover with power out jack socket for the ir torch and video out,upturned hawke sport mount drilled out to attach screen to scope via threaded bolt holding stalk on rear of screen...

[/url]">http://STA62457_zpsf2852929.jpg

camera screwed onto mamba light,screen etc.

[/url]">http://Photo803_zps8e4c0d53.jpg

[/url]">http://Photo804_zpse5d3780b.jpg

[/url]">http://Photo805_zpsc68661eb.jpg

This is my cheap-as-chips NV:

post-20802-0-81847000-1374579098_thumb.jpg

post-20802-0-40455100-1374579119_thumb.jpg

I could use the screen but prefer to shoot off sticks and use the viewfinder, that way only one eye is temporarily blinded instead of both.

The Sony camcorder doesn't record so I got that for £10.50 and the laser and battery pack was about £22, plus a couple of 22mm pipe clips gives a grand total of less than £35.

Plus points: works well out to 80 yards, cheap, laser runs off 2 AA batteries, camera has own Li-ion battery, long battry life and I didn't have to faff around for hours to get it to work.

Bad points: looks terrible, the laser has a few spots so not the cleanest of light and the shooting poisition is bad - well they all are.

Not having an AO scope is a pain but I only use it I'm autumn and winter so not really worth swapping it.

I am starting to accumulate a few bits go make a scope cam at present! I am looking at a DVR bullet cam to record my shooting and will have to see if it works with IR light!

If not then a change of camera choice is easy enough. I got my Monitor last week and was going to orded the Camera on Friday when I get paid.

I have a dedicated NV scope already but fancy a B&W image edge to edge rather than the green image I have now!

Marty from looking at your pictures bud it looks to me like you are using a 16mm or above lens on your camera,if you reduce this to a 12mm camera lens I think you will find that the picture will be much better on your lcd and your crosshairs will be central of the lcd also,,

hopr this helps mate

cheers Evo

• 4 months later...

Mine was copied built using advise from evo and our friend across thd water Rolaids.I chuckle evertime I use it.The build isn't very tidy but its compact with no cables getting in the way and the battery strapped to the top of the camera.The IR comes from the NM800.The picture of the chimney is at 190mtrs and the gable end id 250mtrs.The system is perfect for my rimmy as I shoot from 30mtrs to max for me is 100mtrs.All credit for my build goes to evo and rolaids as it is basically a copy.

The pictures where taken on my phone and dont do the clarity justice.

The NM800 has 3 setting for anything close I use the low,mid for 30Mtrs/60mtrs and the high for 70mtrs plus.

The distances are erelevent realy as any kit that can get you to 50/70mtrs will be good enough as you simply keep downwind and walk into you quarry. Last time I was out I just scanned the field walked out into the field with the wind in my face set the rimmy on the sticks and shot nine and that included reloading the mag.They had no idea.

Edited by Davyo

How many of these really hold zero? I am interested coz I can get 4 infa red night cameras that are even submersible a wireless router and recorder plus all the cables to do my house system for £330 + vat and nobody does a NV scope for near that money, I thinks we are being ripped off and no mistake.

Every home made system I have seen thus far though has been fun for the owner to make but doesn't actually prove reliable in the field, sometimes even the car journey. How many are using these real regular without constant re-zero fiddling and repair might I ask?

No zeroing for me I put it on the rifle before leaving home with no adjustments or mucking about in the field at anytime.Switch it on,clear field, turn it off move on to the next field.It only gets grainy if I max it up to 10,but I only go up to 7 so never a problem.The picture is at 190mtrs mag 7 and is clear as day.I find home made kits interesting.I had 2 lads look at mine who do a lot of foxes and they where amazed. Because they share the cost of everything they went out and bought the NS200 even though I could of built them one for less than £139 excluding the NM800.Bumpt into them last week and one of them admitted they just wasted 600bar

As far as reliabilty goes I have used mine since about June this year an I am out twice aweek and it has never failed me.The freezing temps we have now have not been an issue either.The battery that powers the cam is wrapped in foam tape I got from a guy who does factory air con units.The batteries on the NM800 die before that battery & the NM is powered with the turbo kit.

Have a go mate and build your own,plenty of good lads on here willing to share advise.

To totaly honest mines just a copy of evos concept,with a lot of advise from him.All I did was stick on the NM800 IR.

Edited by Davyo

How many of these really hold zero? I am interested coz I can get 4 infa red night cameras that are even submersible a wireless router and recorder plus all the cables to do my house system for £330 + vat and nobody does a NV scope for near that money, I thinks we are being ripped off and no mistake.

Every home made system I have seen thus far though has been fun for the owner to make but doesn't actually prove reliable in the field, sometimes even the car journey. How many are using these real regular without constant re-zero fiddling and repair might I ask?

There's no zero to lose, it's just replacing the mk. 1 eyeball at the back of the scope. I use mine on the 243 no problems, the internal mounts for the circuitry etc., once built, is fully potted, so nothing can move or held in place by so much hot glue you'd break it prizing it all apart.

post-24172-0-27007600-1387058277_thumb.jpg

Bresser 5x50 mounted using a modified JSR mount, currently needs altering so i can use the other bolt thread for extra security as it will move a little too much atm. The monocular is simply used as a monocular and is not sighted and therefore is not effected by knocks. In front of the night vision is a IR laser ( off camera ) which is sighted and creates the aim point. Total cost £150. IR/Bresser/ Mount. Although i had the bresser and the mount sitting around for ages before i mutilated the mount and put them together.

Edited by demonwolf444