How many guns do you have?

junctiontwo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too fussed about the security issue of posting here. I really don't believe that sporting firearms are of that much use to criminals? It's a big risk for your average thief to handle them and anyone into it big time isn't going to be interested in bolt action rifles and o/u shotguns. At the end of the day all you have to say is "look at this deer/fox I shot" and you've given away that you have firearms and roughly what calibre they are.

Currently my list is...

.22 Webley Nemesis

.22 HW80

.410 Baikal Hushpower

12g Beretta Urika 2

.22lr CZ Varmint

.22lr SYSS 10/22

.17 Hornet CZ527

.223 Browning A-Bolt

7x57R/12g Brno combi gun

7-08 Tikka 595

8x60/16G Sauer drilling

.338 Win Mag Ruger Hawkeye

12 - So enough to keep myself amused! :lol:

Oh and my Gat gun - although I can't decide whether that should be classed as a real gun or a toy? :hmm:

She won`t let me have anymore so we are stuck with the list :-

1 x Hatsan 3shot Auto 12 bore

1 x Bettinsoli o/u 12 bore

1 x Stephens combo .410/.22rf .

1 x Remington 770 .243

1 x Remington 15 shot semi auto .22rf

1 x CZ 452 5shot .22rf

1 x Weihrauch 35 .22 air rfle

Edited by malantone

It sounds like you have already had the security inspection OP and thus have already purchased your cabinet. If not take my advice and buy the largest one you can fit in your house. I currently have a sentry 24 gun. It wouldn't actually comfortably take 24 guns, but its large enough that I don't bump my guns taking them out. I was looking at a sentry 34 gun at the CLA GF and wondering if I should increase my capacity!

I thought that I was quite normal until I read the above. In the past a feo said that I was a gun nut, another said “I suppose that you’ve got a valid reason for having all of these”, and another said “You’ve got to many guns. My response to them was “ is that so”, and, "YES", and, “ One cant have too many guns".

I did read somewhere that the home office figures for gun ownership were 2 firearms and 1 shotgun per holder. I would have thought that it would have been round the other way.

I do have a large amount of stuff but I do use it regularly.

As to who I am and where I live is not broadcast by me posting on this forum.

Yes I do live in the south of England but so do millions of others so where do you advise as to where to start looking for me?

Edited by fortune

Have to agree with Rec Baller been there many times as im sure many of you have, just imagine how much lies we have all told on this forum and others to our partners ref the rifles and kit we buy over the yrs... :lol:

I wouldn`t dream of buying anything without discussing it with the wife, nor her with me, I can`t understand all this sneaking about stealing off your wives, ( whats hers is yours visa versa)

I wouldn`t dream of buying anything without discussing it with the wife, nor her with me, I can`t understand all this sneaking about stealing off your wives, ( whats hers is yours visa versa)

As one who recently got engaged I'm having real difficulty with this... how could spending my own money be stealing from her??

As one who recently got engaged I'm having real difficulty with this... how could spending my own money be stealing from her??

It isn't of course - it is about respect and mutual decision making. Takes some time to get used to if you've been single a while :-)

See below .......add two air rifles and a slot coming up for an FAC air.

?

I also am currently keeping two shotguns for a friend.

I did a quick reckon up on the rough value of the shooting gear I have and got to a figure just under 4K(second hand prices)

So I guess the wife can sell it to pay for my funeral.

GH